2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a crazy way to lose. Warriors come all the way back to tie the game. On a great save teh SA bench screws up and tells them to foul when they had no fouls to give. Wiggins makes the first 1 point lead, then misses the 2nd and the ref calls a foul on the rebound on Looney contesting Poeltl. Warriors go nuts but they have no challenges. He makes the first, misses the 2nd, Keldon Johnson shoves Otto Porter under the basket gets the ball and scores and SA wins.

As they're walking off the court after klay's desperation shot misses Klay says something to the ref who called the foul and you could see the ref say "that was a good call" and Klay said something which clearly ticked the ref off so I would expect a fine.

Wiggins has to make the shot of course but what a crazy ending they foul on purpose when they had none to give and it winds up winning the game for them.

It happens sometimes.

I was looking closely at the video. Thompson and Wiggins both had good chances to control the rebound.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought that was a fair fight for the offensive rebound...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As was the play by Looney seconds before that they called the foul on. they never call either of those a foul in the NBA. I'm fine with no foul on Johnson but they had literally just called an offensive foul on a missed FT seconds earlier

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t think there’s a place in the league for a guy like him anymore. Injure multiple players over multiple years and have multiple cheap shots and instigations. Sorry, this is the highest league in the world. No room for BS.
He is worse than Grayson Allen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is worse than Grayson Allen.
Only because he's played a lot more minutes. Neither one of them has any business playing in the NBA but Allen really worries me. I'm not a mental health professional nor am I pretending to know much about it but I've seen crazy before and it looks a lot like Grayson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth. I don't follow it much. Suns are number 1 in NBA power rankings.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Charles Oakley thinks that LeBron should try to get himself traded to Phoenix in the off-season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've been #1 for months.
Not on CBS Sports, we've rarely been at the top there. The guy that does it got so many complaints for his power poll that now it includes the disclaimer that his power poll if based solely on the results from the previous week. Stupid but that's his stance and that's why Boston is there now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no foul on that play.

I agree and there wasn't a foul on the previous one that led to that one. That's what made it so bizarre, they had literally just called a foul on a play that nobody thought was a foul, even the guy who shot the FT,s Poeltl, was surprised by the call he was trying to call timeout and was mad the ref wasn't giving it to him until realize they called a foul.

the last 2 minutes report for the game isn't out yet it will be interesting to see if the league says the Looney foul was a legit call or not.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not on CBS Sports, we've rarely been at the top there. The guy that does it got so many complaints for his power poll that now it includes the disclaimer that his power poll if based solely on the results from the previous week. Stupid but that's his stance and that's why Boston is there now.
I guess I haven't looked at the CBS one. I've always looked at ESPN and the NBA.com ones.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charles Oakley thinks that LeBron should try to get himself traded to Phoenix in the off-season.

No thanks. I wouldn't trade anyone other than Elfrid Payton and Shamet for him. If he wants to be here, seek a buyout with the Lakers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks. I wouldn't trade anyone other than Elfrid Payton and Shamet for him. If he wants to be here, seek a buyout with the Lakers.

And I don't think Shamet anymore.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be against trading for LeBron, unless he was willing to come off the bench as our 6th man. That kind of humbling might be fun to watch.

:lmao:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It would be absolutely hilarious if the Suns led James to a ring, rather than the other way around. But it's not going to happen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be absolutely hilarious if the Suns led James to a ring, rather than the other way around. But it's not going to happen.

If Lebron and Brony played for minimum deals in 2023/24 it could happen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 minute report says correct call on Looney he held Poelt's left shoulder and restricted his freedom of motion. Correct No call on Johnson he and porter engaged and disengaged in pursuit of rebound.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave