2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Pangos agrees to two-year contract with Cavaliers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I missed that post. I was distracted by other nonsense he was pushing. That right there is top comedy though. Like for real, playing Stix will cause CP3, Booker, and Ayton to ask for trades. Good lord. When did Stix become the most cancerous player in NBA history? That's literally what he's saying.

When has a teams 3 best players refused to play with a second year guy who might see garbage minutes most nights? Has that ever happened in any sport?

The comment wasn't at all about Stix being a cancer. It was about CP3 coming here for a championship run, Booker being sick and tired of the losing and of management not doing everything it could to win, and Ayton very much being a follower and glomming on to the Alpha Dogs (CP3 and Booker). If the team plays a player like Stix, who clearly isn't anywhere near ready for NBA playing time, because it didn't make the effort to fill the obvious hole at power forward otherwise, and if the team starts losing (as what happened at the beginning of last year, only not without Dario Saric available to play out of his mind for a month to help the team rebound from the poor start) and keeps losing as a result, I guarantee you it won't be pretty in terms of how CP3 and Booker react, and Ayton will definitely follow suit...

And the way the roster is currently situated, Stix isn't looking at garbage minutes. He is looking at 20-25 minutes per game as the only power forward on the roster.

In my opinion, what is more ridiculous is anyone just throwing up their arms, since the Suns once again didn't bother acquiring the power forward they have needed the last THREE YEARS, and saying "what the heck, let's see what Stix can do".

We KNOW what Stix can do. It isn't pretty. Not pretty at all.

This kind of thought process reminds me exactly of when people on this board were pumping up Isaiah Canaan and Shaq Harrison as legitimate NBA point guards and fine as a starter for the Suns because we didn't have anyone better on the roster to play at that position.

Sheesh...

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The whole Ben Simmons drama has been fun to watch. He got called out by the media and fans for being scared to shoot and everyone suggested Philly trade him while they can. Philly shopped him a little, while asking for a ton, and now he's mad and wants to be dealt while saying he's not going to report to training camp but he doesn't want to go to just any team, he wants to go to a team in a city he can enjoy since he considers himself a "young socialite".

Its been fun to follow for sure and Barkley giving his unfiltered takes has added to the comedy throughout.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole Ben Simmons drama has been fun to watch. He got called out by the media and fans for being scared to shoot and everyone suggested Philly trade him while they can. Philly shopped him a little, while asking for a ton, and now he's mad and wants to be dealt while saying he's not going to report to training camp but he doesn't want to go to just any team, he wants to go to a team in a city he can enjoy since he considers himself a "young socialite".

Its been fun to follow for sure and Barkley giving his unfiltered takes has added to the comedy throughout.

I hope some misguided team over pays for Simmons.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's also been quoted as having said it's not his job to try and improve his trade value. He's just tanking his value and I guess he's happy knowing he'll get half his salary this season before Philly can even start fining him for not showing up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling Sacramento will, which I'm all for.

I know Philly fans want Lillard but I don't see him asking out.

It's about time the Kings take a step backwards after what appears to be two good drafts in a row.

I'd like to see them cough up Fox or Haliburton in a trade for Simmons.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers agree to trade Marc Gasol to Grizzlies. Gasol will likely remain in Spain.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like that move, it makes the Lakers worse. Gasol isn't who he used to be but I think he was their best Center last year. For whatever reason they kept playing Drummond despite the spacing issues of having him out there.

The Lakers have gotten worse in their frontcourt this offseason losing Trez, Kuzma, Gasol, and Drummond. Replacing them with Howard and Jordan doesn't make them better. It actually might keep them from playing Davis at the 5 as much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarred Vanderbilt agrees to re-sign with the Timberwolves. He was a player I liked but a RFA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors have received permission from Canadian government to play games at their home arena.

From Associated Press via ESPN:

TORONTO -- The Raptors have gotten approval from the Canadian government to play games at their home arena this season, a team spokesperson said Friday.

Toronto played last season in Tampa, Florida, because of travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Tyler Herro has a following.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked Herro at first but he bought into his own hype and went full on diva quick. He's like Ben Simmons without the talent.
Had a good outing two years ago, followed by a poor season. This season is the tie breaker for me on what this kid is.

I did not hear good things about his work ethic and his entitlement

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Average age of the Lakers is 30.9 years old. That's 2 full years older than the 2nd oldest team in the league, the Heat which are 28.8 years old. The 3rd oldest Bucks are 27.8 years old.

The Suns are 23rd, at 27.6 years old. League average is 26.2

Suns are 7th oldest according to this, another sign they don't have the luxury of time to focus on developing Jalen Smith. Their championship window is 1-2 years. They need to go all-in. Now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are 7th oldest according to this, another sign they don't have the luxury of time to focus on developing Jalen Smith. Their championship window is 1-2 years. They need to go all-in. Now.

Yeah I labeled it wrong. They are the 23rd youngest/7th oldest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully something we can all agree upon, the Suns window is NOW with Chris Paul.

Why acquire Chris Paul unless a team is swinging for the fences? If there was any doubt, it's now obvious.

I mentioned this before but I don't think Robert Sarver fully realized how far the 2020-21 team could go after listening to postseason comments.

Monty saw what the Suns were capable of when he said the Suns were a top four team in the West. It was obvious though at the trade deadline and when buyouts rolled around but the Suns were limited in what they could do.

The good news is I think James Jones is more than aware of the situation this coming season... at least that is my hope.

They have an open roster spot and a partial MLE for a reason. Also I do think the Suns will make a trade if necessary this time around.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully something we can all agree upon, the Suns window is NOW with Chris Paul.

Why acquire Chris Paul unless a team is swinging for the fences? If there was any doubt, it's now obvious.

I mentioned this before but I don't think Robert Sarver fully realized how far the 2020-21 team could go after listening to postseason comments.

Monty saw what the Suns were capable of when he said the Suns were a top four team in the West. It was obvious though at the trade deadline and when buyouts rolled around but the Suns were limited in what they could do.

The good news is I think James Jones is more than aware of the situation this coming season... at least that is my hope.

They have an open roster spot and a partial MLE for a reason. Also I do think the Suns will make a trade if necessary this time around.

Not only that, players are more willing to listen to a suns offer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only that, players are more willing to listen to a suns offer.

I'm hoping that proves to be true but the big dollar players tend to go to big name media markets.

Hopefully the $4.5 MLE and open roster spot helps.

Looking back, the Suns might have had a chance with Gorgui Dieng last season if there wasn't some history.

Below is a link to some players that were bought out last season and where they went.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess Tyler Herro has a following.

ha remember when this guy had a good playoff run and fans thought he was the second coming. Pure comedy from us looking in

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha remember when this guy had a good playoff run and fans thought he was the second coming. Pure comedy from us looking in

I still like Tyler Herro as a player but he will have to improve his game to live up to initial expectations.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a decent signing for the Clippers especially for a training camp deal. I forgot Isaiah Hartenstein was still out there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard