2020 round 4B pick is Rashard Lawrence DT

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How did Drake hatred & FF projections hijack a rookie DT Rashard Lawrence thread??? Just sayin’
Oddly enough it started with a solar7 comment suggesting that we should have drafted Benjamin in this spot (you know the guy that we drafted later in the draft). Then of course someone had the audacity to suggest that Drake is a decent RB and solar just can't have that...lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Put me down for $100 on the over for each of those propositions! For the first you can just combine the yards. Say 1300 total rushing + receiving and 10 TDs, giving you the upper end of your range. No action on the first bet if he misses more than 3 starts by injury. No action on the second bet if he plays fewer than 6 games (to protect you from an "anomalous" big play followed by an injury that limits his season to a small sample size.)

...dave
Happy to put money on Drake having a 1000 yard rushing season. I'm not so sure about receiving, a lot of options on this offense. Maybe 300 tops.

He's always been a good running back. Gase just massively underused him.

To get a guy with 5 years of NFL experience with so little wear on him is a great get.
Well, I'm not handing a cash bet to everyone especially since I'm laid off due to the virus, haha. When we know when games will happen, more than happy to discuss a gentleman's bet.

All with genius Adam Gase as head coach...which is another hill you make your stand, that Gase is actually a good coach.

Gase is basically Ken Whisenhunt. His system works! Until it doesn't, and even then it works!
I don't think Gase is great. But I also don't think Gase is so bad that he was hiding an ultra-talented team behind coaching, either. You argument about Gase also ignores that Drake had half a season to get on the field under Flores but couldn't beat out Ballage or Walton, who were both bad.

Oddly enough it started with a solar7 comment suggesting that we should have drafted Benjamin in this spot (you know the guy that we drafted later in the draft). Then of course someone had the audacity to suggest that Drake is a decent RB and solar just can't have that...lol
Hey, I made my last comment about the RB situation on the day of the draft and let it be for others to talk about the player. Not my fault my comment from 9 days ago got dredged back up.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not handing a cash bet to everyone especially since I'm laid off due to the virus, haha. When we know when games will happen, more than happy to discuss a gentleman's bet.
My bad, i thought you said, "I'd bet you money that Drake does not have 4.0 YPC as a featured back," and I was the first one to jump on it. No need for a gentlemen's bet, I'm sure someone will dredge this up after the season and we'll see who was right. Good luck with your employment situation!

...dave

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My bad, i thought you said, "I'd bet you money that Drake does not have 4.0 YPC as a featured back," and I was the first one to jump on it. No need for a gentlemen's bet, I'm sure someone will dredge this up after the season and we'll see who was right. Good luck with your employment situation!

...dave
Sorry, I was kinda directly referencing DVontel since we were having a back and forth. Thanks for the kind words!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this guy will be our best pick this year draft beside Simmons

High character guy

Extremely athletic being over 300lb

Great arm length just over 34 inches

Big hands 11''

Good production in college

He has it to compete in the nfl and being a starter

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

High character guy

Big hands 11''

If this NFL thing doesn't workout, there are a lot of NBA teams that need Centers...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

High character guy

Big hands 11''

Hmmm I'd say his production wasnt really that good. More like average.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm I'd say his production wasnt really that good. More like average.
No
Last year his production was lower then his junior season cause the team was so dominant and he couldn't have a chance to keep the same stats
But I don't think u can call it average for a defensive lineman

You must be registered for see images attach

However he has been selected in the fourth and a guy with just 3 sacks and 13 tackle for loss more then him has been selected 124 picks ahead

Lawrence played 39 games
Derrick Brown 46 games

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No
Last year his production was lower then his junior season cause the team was so dominant and he couldn't have a chance to keep the same stats
But I don't think u can call it average for a defensive lineman

You must be registered for see images attach

However he has been selected in the fourth and a guy with just 3 sacks and 13 tackle for loss more then him has been selected 124 picks ahead

Lawrence played 39 games
Derrick Brown 46 games
C’mon man, lets not pretend Brown wasn’t way more of a focus game planning against than Lawrence was.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ahhh the same story about having double lineman on him

Watching the video I saw also Lawrence getting attention
You’re not dumb, dude. I can tell by your posting over the years.

Whatever attention you saw, it was a lot less than Derrick Brown was getting.

Look at how many 1st & 2nd rounders Lawerence got to play with since 2016:

Jamal Adams
Tre White
Donte Jackson
Devin White
Greedy Williams
K’Lavon Chaisson
Patrick Queen
Grant Delpit
Kristian Fulton

Derrick Brown in that same time-span?

Noah Igbinoghene
Marlon Davison

NINE(9!) early round studs, & that’s not counting a potential top 5 pick in Derek Stingley a few years from now.

Derrick Brown was the most game-planned against player on his own team for the past 2-3 years while Lawrence was arguably not even top 3 in any of his years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jamal Adams
Tre White
Donte Jackson
Devin White
Greedy Williams
K’Lavon Chaisson
Patrick Queen
Grant Delpit
Kristian Fulton

Noah Igbinoghene
Marlon Davison

NINE(9!) early round studs, & that’s not counting a potential top 5 pick in Derek Stingley a few years from now.

Derrick Brown was the most game-planned against player on his own team for the past 2-3 years while Lawrence was arguably not even top 3 in any of his years.

Lol juuuust a little different

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jamal Adams
Tre White
Donte Jackson
Devin White
Greedy Williams
K’Lavon Chaisson
Patrick Queen
Grant Delpit
Kristian Fulton

Noah Igbinoghene
Marlon Davison

Its a about defensive line
Great part of the list ( 9 players) u put there are defensive back players, they can't help fight in the trenches, one is a coverage linebacker, another one a speed rusher
Can we talk about the defensive linemen he played next to?
I know Derrick Brown had Davidson next to him, and he is a pretty good defensive lineman

Lawrence played with shelving, Fehoko, Glen Logan
Not really impressive players at the moment

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a about defensive line
Great part of the list ( 9 players) u put there are defensive back players, they can't help fight in the trenches, one is a coverage linebacker, another one a speed rusher
Can we talk about the defensive linemen he played next to?
I know Derrick Brown had Davidson next to him, and he is a pretty good defensive lineman

Lawrence played with shelving, Fehoko, Glen Logan
Not really impressive players at the moment

Yea, you’re definitely smarter than this, so I’m not going to continue with you man.

Have a good day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard