2020 round 4B pick is Rashard Lawrence DT

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like both the 4th round picks. Fan of both guys.

I think both of them have more pass rush upside than given credit for.

Neither are going to be Aaron Donald but both have the skill to collapse the pocket and get pressure.

Might as well cut Coney now before he moves home.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are very few rookie FA backs that amount to anything year to year.

Drake has never in his pro or college career shown that he can carry the load. We sure can hope. Chase has had one good game. Our 3rd RBs are nobodies.

I'm more concerned about past this year. Do we really want to sign Drake (or any FA) long-term? He'll be 27. Do we trust Chase Edmonds to start? Do we want a rookie in Kyler's optimal window to win a Super Bowl?

I'm complaining for the sake of it at this point, but blah. I don't like that outlook. Let's hope Drake proves me wrong or we get the next Philip Lindsay.

I didn't so much mean it's an overall team miss, just a miss in terms of who I liked.

I really don't understand your Drake hate.

He showed he could carry the load last year - for the Cardinals.

Chase also looked very capable when he got the start. Yes I want a third back, but it's not like it will even affect the team unless both Drake and Chase get hurt.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
First pick I feel disappointed in. Would have liked Biadasz or Benjamin. By the time we pick in the 6th, I firmly don't believe there will be any useful RBs. Looks like we're riding with Cole and Gaillard at C.

Oh well, can't hit em all.

Xavier Jones

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Chase also looked very capable when he got the start. Yes I want a third back, but it's not like it will even affect the team unless both Drake and Chase get hurt.

Over a full season Drake would have had 1600 yards

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Well, Drake was our 4th or 5th back, in a sense. RBs get hurt. It happens.

Drake had three good games, is only getting older, and has never shown he can succeed in this capacity. He's had a lot of opportunities. It was undoubtedly the right decision to re-sign him, with DJ moved, but I don't like him as a long term answer. His stats are way overloaded from the Browns game and Seahawks long run.

Take those off the stat sheet and I think we aren't excited. It's just tough for me to believe that Alabama and two coaching staffs at Miami couldn't find a way to make him a starter, but we're going to get a star.

Over a full season Drake would have had 1600 yards
His YPG is pretty bad. The guy can't get on the field. I can't believe it's just bad luck.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Drake had three good games, is only getting older, and has never shown he can succeed in this capacity. He's had a lot of opportunities. It was undoubtedly the right decision to re-sign him, with DJ moved, but I don't like him as a long term answer. His stats are way overloaded from the Browns game and Seahawks long run.

Take those off the stat sheet and I think we aren't excited. It's just tough for me to believe that Alabama and two coaching staffs at Miami couldn't find a way to make him a starter, but we're going to get a star.

His YPG is pretty bad. The guy can't get on the field. I can't believe it's just bad luck.

Those two long runs by Drake count, and they have as much value defining him as a player as any other stat, and even more so in a game where big plays are a premium. To throw them out because you want to define a player on basic clips percentage to have a nice mean does not define what he brings. Guess you would of have sat Barry Sanders then if you have coached the Lions because he had some games where those big runs cushioned his stat sheet too... now to the point, Lawrence is a starter in this league who's worth the pick

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Those two long runs by Drake count, and they have as much value defining him as a player as any other stat, and even more so in a game where big plays are a premium. To throw them out because you want to define a player on basic clips percentage to have a nice mean does not define what he brings. Guess you would of have sat Barry Sanders then if you have coached the Lions because he had some games where those big runs cushioned his stat sheet too... now to the point, Lawrence is a starter in this league worth the pick
You're wasting your time on this one. It has already been pointed out that Drake had some good stats even if you remove his 1 or 2 longest runs.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
There are very few rookie FA backs that amount to anything year to year.

Drake has never in his pro or college career shown that he can carry the load. We sure can hope. Chase has had one good game. Our 3rd RBs are nobodies.

I'm more concerned about past this year. Do we really want to sign Drake (or any FA) long-term? He'll be 27. Do we trust Chase Edmonds to start? Do we want a rookie in Kyler's optimal window to win a Super Bowl?

I'm complaining for the sake of it at this point, but blah. I don't like that outlook. Let's hope Drake proves me wrong or we get the next Philip Lindsay.

I didn't so much mean it's an overall team miss, just a miss in terms of who I liked.
Your obsessing over a RB, they are a dime a dozen. Can’t fill everything in one off season. We improved this team a lot enjoy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well if you just take those 3 out of 10 good games by Patr.....nvm.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love this guy and even more his attitude

Looks so damn quick of the ball, he can rush the passer
I have a feeling he will be our best DT since Dockett

Check it out here his quickness

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Those two long runs by Drake count, and they have as much value defining him as a player as any other stat, and even more so in a game where big plays are a premium. To throw them out because you want to define a player on basic clips percentage to have a nice mean does not define what he brings. Guess you would of have sat Barry Sanders then if you have coached the Lions because he had some games where those big runs cushioned his stat sheet too... now to the point, Lawrence is a starter in this league who's worth the pick
Well, it's one long run in the Seattle game (that I'd argue any NFL RB should make with that kind of hole), and the Browns game was a good game that he deserves credit for, but they were also a reeling team missing their best defender, in the midst of a terrible disappointment of a season.

It doesn't change that he's going to be 27 next year, and the NFL isn't kind to older backs. I don't view him as a long term solution, especially for the rate of pay he's been seeking. Barry Sanders didn't have 5 100 yard games by the time he had 4 seasons under his belt. He didn't have zero 1,000 yard seasons. He wasn't a backup his entire college career. It's all about the things you can replicate or have shown. I'll only talk about removing long runs or games when they're completely anomalous from the player's career.

Drake's our RB this year, and that's adequate. I'm not mad about it for the one year deal. But the future of the position is uncomfortable, and will be either the first or second position that needs to be addressed in 2021.

Well if you just take those 3 out of 10 good games by Patr.....nvm.
At least PP21 has a history of success. I'm not as fervent that Peterson is elite anymore, but in the short term, we can probably squeeze more production out of him.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Love this guy and even more his attitude

Looks so damn quick of the ball, he can rush the passer
I have a feeling he will be our best DT since Dockett

Check it out here his quickness

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Haha! "They call him Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince" He goes to bed at 930 at night!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm liking this pick too, we're getting some depth and really looks as if the FO was tired of being embarrassed last year with that defensive play.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

scott bordow
⁦‪@sbordow‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

A quote from ⁦‪@Rashard_99‬⁩: "I’m not a hoot and hollering guy. I’m a guy that wants to lead by example. I want to be first in drills, I want to be the first one in and last one out. I want to prove to guys in the locker room that I’m a guy that’s dependable day in and day out."

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, it's one long run in the Seattle game (that I'd argue any NFL RB should make with that kind of hole), and the Browns game was a good game that he deserves credit for, but they were also a reeling team missing their best defender, in the midst of a terrible disappointment of a season.

It doesn't change that he's going to be 27 next year, and the NFL isn't kind to older backs. I don't view him as a long term solution, especially for the rate of pay he's been seeking. Barry Sanders didn't have 5 100 yard games by the time he had 4 seasons under his belt. He didn't have zero 1,000 yard seasons. He wasn't a backup his entire college career. It's all about the things you can replicate or have shown. I'll only talk about removing long runs or games when they're completely anomalous from the player's career.

Drake's our RB this year, and that's adequate. I'm not mad about it for the one year deal. But the future of the position is uncomfortable, and will be either the first or second position that needs to be addressed in 2021.

At least PP21 has a history of success. I'm not as fervent that Peterson is elite anymore, but in the short term, we can probably squeeze more production out of him.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Rams fan and he was arguing that if the Cardinals didnt have Hopkins, that they would have one of the sorriest WR corps in the league.

First off, the Cardinals DO have Hopkins. Secondly the other state is false because their are probably a dozen WR Corps that are worse.

Your comment on the 80 yard run is reminiscent of that argument. You CAN'T take that 80 yard run away! Explosive plays are incredibly important. And your comment that every RB could make that play is absurdly false. Drake basically got a good opening and outran the Seahawks defense on that play.

That's why I like Drake. He's a smooth run who gets through the hole quickly and reads his blocks very well. Not quite shifty, but he does a great job finding creases.

Drake is absolutely replaceable, but the issue is that the Cardinals didnt have the draft capital to replace him this year. Maybe a trade down from the late first to early second next year :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard