2020 Draft

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I wasn’t a Riller fan at all... but at this point I wouldn’t mind if the Suns bought a pick and took a flyer on him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's tough when the Suns don't have a second round picks. I wonder if they will sign any undrafted free agents.

Luguentz Dort was signed as a free agent by OKC last year.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wasn’t a Riller fan at all... but at this point I wouldn’t mind if the Suns bought a pick and took a flyer on him.

I actually like Riller and Reed quite a bit. I think they will both carve out a career in the league.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
All three of the UofA guys fell into excellent situations given what they bring to the table

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I would like to see a power forward who can play some D, grab some boards, and spread the floor a little on offense. I'm just not sure I can get excited about a point guard tonight.

I hope everybody is doing really well. It's nice to see some of you still around. Go suns!

Joe Mama
Nailed it!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I gave up on getting excited or upset about draft picks after the 2016 and 2017 drafts. Those drafts were universally applauded by Suns fans.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the draft is over. I'm not aware of the Suns doing anything in the second round.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smiths legs remind me of Giannis and Durant. Just the proportions.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they drafted exactly the type of player I had requested just before the drop started. Now I just hope he's good. Not that it say much, but he looks like a much better shot blocker than Ayton. I was hoping Winston from Michigan State would drop out of the draft and we can sign him as a free-agent. This just looks like a really lousy draft. I guess it's on to free agency now.

On a side note, I'm surprised there are people who did not like the trade for Bane from Boston last summer. I thought The trade itself was a really good move even if drafting Jerome turned out to be a mistake. I don't think I can stomach going back on looking at players we passed to take him.I even liked signing Frank Kaminsky. I was a big fan of Holmes, but he does not spread the floor like those guys and as somebody else already pointed out his fate was sealed when he got in trouble with the law.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Arizona kids who came out were morons.
Yup. Especially Mannion. His cocky attitude and lack of effort hurt his status

This is what happens when you believe all your own press clippings from high school

He could have still been a high pick if he’d worked hard

TJ

Reaction score
Those Arizona kids who came out were morons.
Two got drafted in the first, so how can they be morons? Green got drafted around where he should’ve been picked and Nnaji was more likely going to the second round, but played himself into the first.

Nico should’ve returned to school, but I see why he rolled the dice. I did hear that he bombed his combine interviews with teams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nico might actually play a bit too with Klay being hurt.

I have to say if you look at the Pelicans moves it would appear they may be looking to move Lonzo and with Klay out, the Warriors suddenly make lots of sense if they don't have to give up too much and they probably wouldn't. The Warriors would get a 1 who can guard either guard position which defensively is what made Klay so good for the Warriors, they could put Klay on the better guard and let Steph play the lesser guard. Huge dropoff offensively of course from one of the best shooters ever to a developing shooter. Would be interesting, supposedly the Pelicans have said they are NOT looking to move him but sure seems like they are based on moves.

I half expected them to take Melo because Klay is out but the logic had to be there's no way Melo Ball is a starting 1 in the NBA right now, we think we're a playoff team with a chance to make a run depending on Klay, so we're not drafting a kid who might be our PG in 3 years if we're doing that,we're taking the big to use for rim runs and lobs like we did with JaVale McGee.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add the obvious, Nico's dad Pace played for the Warriors, I'm old enough to have seen him in person.

They're showing pics of him now locally.

You must be registered for see images

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Zeke Nnaji to the Nuggets at #22 is an excellent pick. He is a skilled mobile big man that should help them a lot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yup. Especially Mannion. His cocky attitude and lack of effort hurt his status

This is what happens when you believe all your own press clippings from high school

He could have still been a high pick if he’d worked hard

My son knows him personally. He is a typical entitled spoiled rich kid, who cares more about fame, riches and partying than basketball. Think the basketball version of Todd Marinovich.

TJ

Reaction score
My son knows him personally. He is a typical entitled spoiled rich kid, who cares more about fame, riches and partying than basketball. Think the basketball version of Todd Marinovich.
Not a fair comparison. Marinovich had family issues, especially abuse from his dad, which led to depression and substance abuse issues that railroaded his life. Nico is not that kid.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not a fair comparison. Marinovich had family issues, especially abuse from his dad, which led to depression and substance abuse issues that railroaded his life. Nico is not that kid.

I was going to mention that distinction but I didn't want to go there. I can tell you that Mannion is a pothead. He was part of the group that had my son smoking (well, vaping) for a while, until we found out about it and educated him about the impact that would have on his competitive swimming.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard