2020 3rd round pick is Josh Jones T

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Josh aligns at Tackle for the Cougar offense. He is a very good athlete who has good length on the perimeter. In the run game he is good. He has very good initial quickness out of his stance. He easily climbs to the second level to engage moving defenders. He doesn’t get a lot of vertical movement in the run game but he does a sufficient job of holding the point of attack. He easily gets to cut off when he’s on the backside due to his athleticism and quickness. In the passing game he is sufficient. He is seemingly reliant on his athleticism at the point and needs to refine his technique. He’s a little rigid in his pass set but demonstrates good foot quickness. He does a good job redirecting to a defenders counter or second move. He is a bit of a waist bender however he has sufficient punch while in his set. He has very good length on the perimeter but hasn’t yet learned how to use it to his advantage. He has shown instances of opening the gate too quickly with upfield rushers. In the NFL, this is a developmental prospect who could develop into a starter by year 2. The key for this player will be getting with an excellent OL coach to help him refine his technique. When he does that, he will be able to maximize his very good athleticism and length on the edge. He should also improve his lower body strength to handle bull rushers. His skill set reminds me of Terron Armstead

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you had told me we traded down in round 1 and took Jones in the 20s I would of been ok with that.

highest rated non power 5 OT ever.

he’s my 3rd OT. Thomas, Wills, Jones. He’s far more polished than Becton. I think Wirfs is a guard

My exact thought. Had we done some crazy swap with Miami's 2 late firsts I would have expected him at one of them

For 20 picks I was saying "trade up!!"

Credit Keim for not blinking. I would have blinked

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
A DT and a CB, and I think the roster will be set. No real holes anywhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard