2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's unlikely (hopefully very unlikely) but I don't think it would require an actual collapse as much as it would require a very strong finish from Denver or LAC (and both teams have the tiebreaker against us).

I expect us to finish 2nd but if you look at our schedule we have 7 games remaining that we could lose with less than our best effort. I'm not even talking about the Brooklyn giveaway or a half-hearted effort like the one that led to a loss in Detroit. We're looking at Atlanta (2nd night of a b2b), New York, LAL, Golden State, Portland and back to back games in San Antonio. Not only are we about to play 8 games in 13 days, all but 2 of those games are on the orad.

Don't forget that the Suns have been road warriors dating back to "the bubble". This year, they are the best road team in the NBA, winning 70% of their road games.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trend/win_trends/is_away

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the Suns have been road warriors dating back to "the bubble". This year, they are the best road team in the NBA, winning 70% of their road games.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trend/win_trends/is_away

Yeah we've been great on the road and hopefully it will continue but this isn't a typical road trip. I'll say it again, we have 8 games in 13 days - which includes 2 sets of back to backs, and the only game we won't have to travel for is the last game of the season against the Spurs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyrese Haliburton will likely miss the rest of the season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One night after a horrible shooting effort in a loss to the Warriors, Lonzo Ball leads the Pelicans to a win over the Warriors with 33 points including 2 huge 3's and 4 big FT's down the stretch, and a step back 2 that gave them a 2 point lead late. Curry had 37 but missed several big 3's late. Oddly the game was not on tv anywhere I could find.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
54s

Pacers are suspending assistant Greg Foster for one game and fining Goga Bitadze for exchange on court Wednesday, sources tell ESPN. Foster and Bitadze have had a strong working relationship this season and that’s expected to continue, but emotions are running high in Indiana.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ wanted out after a former suns coaching staff, Nate Bjorkgren, became head coach. someone maybe has the link or story.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hopefully the Lakers beat the Clippers tonight. Would make them finishing 4 and 5 more likely and we would be safe to finish 2 or 3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way the seeding is bunched up 2-4 and 5-7 is gonna make me nuts watching games and scores hoping for the best outcome for the Suns hoping to somehow luck out and get the Lakers and Clippers in the opposite bracket.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The way the seeding is bunched up 2-4 and 5-7 is gonna make me nuts watching games and scores hoping for the best outcome for the Suns hoping to somehow luck out and get the Lakers and Clippers in the opposite bracket.
Could really go any way. Still hoping the Lakers stay 5-6 and we stay 1-2 so we can avoid that in the first round. They lose tonight and the Blazers would be right there to push the Lakers to 7. Of course it would be awesome if they end up knocked out in the play in or fall to 8th and the Jazz get to deal with them in the 1st round.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could really go any way. Still hoping the Lakers stay 5-6 and we stay 1-2 so we can avoid that in the first round. They lose tonight and the Blazers would be right there to push the Lakers to 7. Of course it would be awesome if they end up knocked out in the play in or fall to 8th and the Jazz get to deal with them in the 1st round.

they look truly awful.

we got no help from anyone tonight. Needed Toronto to win to keep their hopes alive because they play someone (forgot who) we could use a loss from.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any team in the west is gonna be tough period. Bring on the Lakers first. We would take series 4 - 1. Ain't scared. House money baby

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Any team in the west is gonna be tough period. Bring on the Lakers first. We would take series 4 - 1. Ain't scared. House money baby
Suns Twitterverse is so terrified of the Lakers and it's clear there is no need to be. Even with Davis and Lebron, they are a very beatable team. Sure we have some matchup issues with them in the frontcourt, but I'll take the rest of our guys over all their guys not named Lebron and Davis any day of the week.

Honestly, I'm just happy to be in the playoffs, I could care less who we get in the first round. We haven't lost more than 2 games in a row since January 27th and we are easily the best road team in the NBA. Everyone keeps saying how the playoffs are going to hurt us because we haven't been there -- I say nuts to that. We are actually a pretty smart team and our ability to adapt has been why we have been so good. Frank plays well for a few games, then is benched for several. Then he comes back and he hasn't missed a beat. That's just a single example, but this team is full of them.

Of course we are all going to have preferences, but there is no team in the first round that I will think can beat us in a 7-game series. None. In the potential 2nd round, only the Clippers are the team I'd be afraid of.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns Twitterverse is so terrified of the Lakers and it's clear there is no need to be. Even with Davis and Lebron, they are a very beatable team. Sure we have some matchup issues with them in the frontcourt, but I'll take the rest of our guys over all their guys not named Lebron and Davis any day of the week.

Honestly, I'm just happy to be in the playoffs, I could care less who we get in the first round. We haven't lost more than 2 games in a row since January 27th and we are easily the best road team in the NBA. Everyone keeps saying how the playoffs are going to hurt us because we haven't been there -- I say nuts to that. We are actually a pretty smart team and our ability to adapt has been why we have been so good. Frank plays well for a few games, then is benched for several. Then he comes back and he hasn't missed a beat. That's just a single example, but this team is full of them.

Of course we are all going to have preferences, but there is no team in the first round that I will think can beat us in a 7-game series. None. In the potential 2nd round, only the Clippers are the team I'd be afraid of.

I do not believe we can beat a healthy Lakers team (that's in game shape) but we haven't seen that team in months and I don't know if we're going to see that team any time soon. We can lose to anyone in the West but the way the Lakers are playing right now they might be our best chance for first round success.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no thank you. Anyone hoping for LeBron, the defending champions and the refs along with them is five cokes short of a six-pack, IMO.

if LeBron isn't playing, sure, bring them on. But healthy? They'll wipe the floor with us, IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
no thank you. Anyone hoping for LeBron, the defending champions and the refs along with them is five cokes short of a six-pack, IMO.

if LeBron isn't playing, sure, bring them on. But healthy? They'll wipe the floor with us, IMO.
The refs are a wild card, sure, but I'd like to see the reasoning that the Lakers would "wipe" the floor with us. I don't see that as a given against them at all.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m worried about an emotional plateau if we knock them out early. That was supposed to be a WCF caliber matchup.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose