2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Porzingis didn’t “go” there in any voluntary sense. He was traded.

He demanded a trade from the Knicks and signed an extension once Dallas got him. Certainly seems like something he wanted to happen.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. LeBron/Davis/X (who cares)
2. Durant/Irving/LeVert
3. Kawhi/George/X (who cares)
4. Giannis/Middleton/Jrue
5. Jokic/Murray/MPJ
6. Embiid/Simmons/Harris
7. Bam/Jimmy/Dragic

Then maybe us?

I think it is a more than a bit premature to put Michael Porter Jr in "big 3 status".

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Porzingis didn’t “go” there in any voluntary sense. He was traded.

The Suns need to hope Paul stays healthy after 2022, so they can extend him for cheap and recruit cheap vets when hopefully Ayton deserves a max.

Lol the Suns are not extending Chris Paul.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He demanded a trade from the Knicks and signed an extension once Dallas got him. Certainly seems like something he wanted to happen.

demanding a trade from the Knicks is like asking the fireman to please make me stop burning

Certainly seems like he wanted the most money he could get and didn’t dislike Dallas after being in literally New York so yeah, not drawing any conclusions that Dallas was a unique draw lmao

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Super confidence bro when he uh hasn’t played a game for us yet and was 2nd team all nba last year. Seems like a guy that likes playing ball and seems like a guy we might like to retain right after he leads us to the WCF

but maybe you’re smarter than me os lmao

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So far zero (0) name free agents have selected Dallas since Luka arrived.

Jae chose Phoenix over Dallas for less money. Lol Dallas.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to keep up with context please. The discussion was about Dallas as a destination. Jesus.

Of course we are talking about Dallas as a destination for Porzingis. Did you take an exit somewhere?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Super confidence bro when he uh hasn’t played a game for us yet and was 2nd team all nba last year. Seems like a guy that likes playing ball and seems like a guy we might like to retain right after he leads us to the WCF

but maybe you’re smarter than me os lmao

Ok yeah let’s resign the 37 year old guy for 30 million. Oh but let me guess you think he’s going to play great then want to take a huge discount

The whole reason they did this deal is because you pretty much have him for this short season and next. This is a get off the ground move not a hitch our wagon to this guy till he’s 40 move. he’s going to be up when it’s time to resign Ayton and Bridges

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's unlikely, but you never know. If he still plays at a high level in his 2nd year here than it wouldn't be unlikely that they wouldn't at least try to keep him around for another year or two.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell donates $12 million to former school.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA is serious about COVID-19 protocol.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And more...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how the NBA takes health risks seriously.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still maintain it should have been Adam Silver for President 2020.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trail Blazers closing their practice facility for deep cleaning due to concern about some positive COVID-19 test results.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its everywhere right now. I am afraid there is no stopping it. Thankfully it seems to have mutated to something less severe than in the spring and summer, or we are better at treating it, or both. Hopefully we can get through this with little lasting consequences from here forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its everywhere right now. I am afraid there is no stopping it. Thankfully it seems to have mutated to something less severe than in the spring and summer, or we are better at treating it, or both. Hopefully we can get through this with little lasting consequences from here forward.

the only reason there’s no stopping it is because people are selfish.

europe stopped it over the summer by taking strict measures based on science. Then once the virus reared its head back into Europe this fall and spiked, they AGAIN did what was recommended by scientists and after a month, they’re already seeing a decline in cases.

our government has literally done NOTHING since April except to encourage a war against science and lead by atrocious example of what NOT to do.

it’s not a matter of the virus can’t be controlled. It’s a matter of our country not WANTING to do what’s necessary to do so.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think COVID-19 is getting better. Perhaps even worse. This past week according to one calculation it was the leading cause of death in the United States. Hopefully a vaccine will help. It can't come soon enough.

By Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent, December 6, 2020:

The United States continues to hit horrific new records. On Saturday, the country topped 14,542,000 total coronavirus cases and more than 280,000 total deaths. On Friday, the country saw its highest number of new daily Covid-19 cases, more than 227,880, and more than 101,250 people were hospitalized with Covid-19, straining health care systems in many states. And this is before we've even felt the full effects of the Thanksgiving holiday.

For comparison's sake, the week of May 18, the country was seeing an average of approximately 23,000 new cases a day; by the week of July 4, that number had jumped to around 48,000.

This past week has been so bad that, according to one calculation from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, Covid-19 was the leading cause of death in the United States, beating out coronary heart disease.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/06/health/coronavirus-us-patient-vaccine-rescue-gupta/index.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard