2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But not unexpected.
Not entirely unexpected. Just surprising that a quality coach gets snatched after just a single season of success. Although New Orleans being a young squad I understand their desire to poach our leadership who had success with similar youth.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Athletic reporting Warriors are going after Dame

Wiseman, #7, Wiggins and a few more picks

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not entirely unexpected. Just surprising that a quality coach gets snatched after just a single season of success. Although New Orleans being a young squad I understand their desire to poach our leadership who had success with similar youth.
Hmm, I totally expected him to get a head coach job somewhere else. I thought there was little to no chance he would stick around. Especially with all the vacancies out there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The timing of the announcement comes at a bad time. I wish they could have waited for the Finals to finish before going public.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And no one is poaching the Clipper’s squad or the Nuggets?? Just like when Todd Bowles bolted for the Jets from Arians when we finally had a good defense. Only one freaking year ONE GOOD *EXPLICIT* YEAR they wanna poach. Where’s Steve Kerr’s assistants??

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And no one is poaching the Clipper’s squad or the Nuggets?? Just like when Todd Bowled bolted for the Jets from Arians when we finally had a good defense. Only one freaking year ONE GOOD *EXPLICIT* YEAR they wanna poach. Where’s Steve Kerr’s assistants??
My thoughts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And no one is poaching the Clipper’s squad or the Nuggets?? Just like when Todd Bowles bolted for the Jets from Arians when we finally had a good defense. Only one freaking year ONE GOOD *EXPLICIT* YEAR they wanna poach. Where’s Steve Kerr’s assistants??

Chauncey Billups was a lead assistant for the Clippers who just got hired by Portland. Willie Green was one of Steve Kerr's assistants. Monty was a top assistant in Philly just 2 years ago as well. This sort of thing happens all the time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I just don’t see why this is a big deal. The Clips aren’t blaming the Billups hiring for losing the series against us are they?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Willie Green was largely credited with player development, which was his role in Golden State also.

I wish we could have kept him this offseason but I trust Monty and James Jones will find a quality replacement for him.

Where it might hurt is Summer League because I imagine he would have been our coach there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kawhi Leonard of the Clippers has surgery to repair partially torn ACL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kawhi Leonard of the Clippers has surgery to repair partially torn ACL.

And they didn’t know it was torn during our series? I understand gamesmanship with injuries, but isn’t it outright lying to not disclose this?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they didn’t know it was torn during our series? I understand gamesmanship with injuries, but isn’t it outright lying to not disclose this?
Having crawled in bed with legalized sports betting, keeping this information from the general public opens up a can of worms the NBA should want no part of. Hopefully they'll come down hard on the Clippers during the offseason. Failing that, then at least make it clear that withholding player availability information in the future will be dealt with harshly.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Of course they knew. The info was leaked out, and available for anyone paying attention.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So who would actually trade for him?

The only scenerio I have heard that might make a little sense is Golden State, but not if they plan on having both him and Draymond on the court at the same time.

I will tell you this, I would never want Ben Simmons on my team at the salary he has. Having no ability to shoot is just to gigantic of a liability in today's NBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who would actually trade for him?

The only scenerio I have heard that might make a little sense is Golden State, but not if they plan on having both him and Draymond on the court at the same time.

I will tell you this, I would never want Ben Simmons on my team at the salary he has. Having no ability to shoot is just to gigantic of a liability in today's NBA.
His (reportedly) questionable work ethic and inability to shoot along with his salary would keep me away. But if you could change the first part of that sentence, I'd gamble on him even with his salary and inability to make shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson