2019 Free Agency

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I bet those Toronto and Laker odds change if Kawhi goes back to Toronto!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Nuggets Odds I am amazed at. They made the playoffs and had NO experience. Now they added some real weapons! I think they are one of the teams to beat in the West!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow. That’s interesting. Portland saying “it’s wide open, let’s take our shot!”

Did you see that they just extended Lillard for insane money? The report kind of got lost in the noise. $196M over 4 years, through 2024 (starts a year from now).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Did you see that they just extended Lillard for insane money? The report kind of got lost in the noise. $196M over 4 years, through 2024 (starts a year from now).
I think he has a year left on his old contract. The numbers I see is he is owed over 200 mil now! Remember when we were supposedly inquiring about a trade? LOL. I bet that was a SHORT conversation!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns.com, Gambo, 98.7, almost all AZ sports twitter accounts have gone silent. SLOW AZ sports day....

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

I bet those Toronto and Laker odds change if Kawhi goes back to Toronto!
I bet you're right, I'd put several teams above the Lakers if they don't get him, they might end up with the worst roster LeBron has ever played with

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
They have to wait until December or so to make that move don't they? DLo better play well, that is a fat contract he signed.

The D'Lo to GS trade hasn't happened yet. Therefore, if GS can find a trade partner for him prior to the 6th, then it would be a multi team trade on the 6th.

If GS can't find a trade partner before the 6th, then they will have to wait till December

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy moly! I guess it was 2 GS picks to the Pels! GS not drafting for a long time!

I guess the Warriors are keeping that 2022 second round pick in a deep draft.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The D'Lo to GS trade hasn't happened yet. Therefore, if GS can find a trade partner for him prior to the 6th, then it would be a multi team trade on the 6th.

If GS can't find a trade partner before the 6th, then they will have to wait till December

No, a team can not sign a player and trade him like that. Once you sign a player during the offseason you can not trade him until December 15th, unless it's a rookie signing a rookie scale deal. Then they only need to wait 30 days but Russell is not a rookie.

If that were possible, the teams with the most cap space would sign all of the players it could to trade them right away. That doesn't happen though because it's against league rules.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
No, a team can not sign a player and trade him like that. Once you sign a player during the offseason you can not trade him until December 15th, unless it's a rookie signing a rookie scale deal. Then they only need to wait 30 days but Russell is not a rookie.

If that were possible, the teams with the most cap space would sign all of the players it could to trade them right away. That doesn't happen though because it's against league rules.

The trade for D'Lo won't take place till the 6th. Therefore, they can look for a 3rd team to take him prior to the execution of the trade between GS and Nets.

Right now it is:

GS S&T KD to Nets
Nets S&T D'Lo, Graham and Napier to GS

If GS finds a taker before the 6th...then its:

GS S&T KD to Nets
Nets S&T D'Lo to a 3rd team
GS getting the players/picks

If not, then their trade is consummated on the 6th and they look for a trade in December or next summer.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holmes to the Kings for 2 years/$10 million total.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Both Morris Bros remain unsigned. It seems Klutch is not doing too good by them.
Likely waiting on the Lakers. Noel, another Klutch client had agreed to re-sign in OKC but then said he wanted to think about it some more.

I think a lot of these Klutch clients are plan B depth.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Likely waiting on the Lakers. Noel, another Klutch client had agreed to re-sign in OKC but then said he wanted to think about it some more.

I think a lot of these Klutch clients are plan B depth.

The L.A. Klutches?...

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I literally returned from LA six months ago, damn has the LA Area changed for the worst. I would like to think that LA wasn’t a destination city anymore. But the difference between the rich there and the common person is still staggering. So I’m sure they will still will want to be in LA.