2019 Free Agency

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We would all like him as a 6th if he was making 6m instead of 19
His contract is pretty inconsequential at this point in time. He is currently a valuable expiring contract and his next contract will likely be for much less. My hope is that we keep him and let it expire and than maybe resign him next off season on a much friendlier contract.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think Dallas is out as a threat for Oubre. They signed Powell and Seth Curry. I don't think they can offer anything the Suns can't match right now. That leaves the Lakers and the Clippers as the only threats to give Oubre an unreasonable offer.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Dallas is out as a threat for Oubre. They signed Powell and Seth Curry. I don't think they can offer anything the Suns can't match right now. That leaves the Lakers and the Clippers as the only threats to give Oubre an unreasonable offer.
Never underestimate the Lakers desire to blow money, I have no clue what they are doing over in LA-LA land. I’m starting to see James succumb to the ageing process. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a major drop off in his play and minor injuries starting to creep in.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I like Tyler. And with less pressure heaped on him this year I expect he’ll be a more effective player.
It really looked like a lot of his pressure was self imposed. Right before he got hurt, he looked like he was starting to shoot better and get in the flow of the offense.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You can argue that the San Antonio Spurs lived off of that.
Maybe last year even, when you look at Sacramento. Almost made the playoffs with a bunch of guys who believed in each other.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You can argue that the San Antonio Spurs lived off of that.
The key is that they also need to be talented. Obviously you don't only look for extremely high character and completely disregard actually talent.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anybody think of an example of a team that went out and got a whole bunch of "character" guys and made significant improvement?

That's tough, I think you have to follow teams closer to know if they did that. I can't think of any in the league right now.

Maybe Atlanta when they had Horford, Millsap, Korver, Teague, and Carroll. Brooklyn looked similar to that up until this offseason with how they acquired solid character vets like Dudley and young guys with potential that hadn't been given the opportunity elsewhere. They didn't have a choice since Boston had all of their picks. Atlanta is the best case. They dumped Joe Johnson and then Josh Smith before hiring coach Budenholzer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiteside and Nurkic won't work together, or they shouldn't. I'm not sure what Portland is thinking except Meyers Leonard's contract is awful.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ATTACKS ON HIS WIFE?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ATTACKS ON HIS WIFE?

I did hear a funny comment about his wife on draft night. Someone said Cam Johnson was older than Gambo's wife. They got blocked right after saying it but I think that is dancing on the line but not going over it, especially with all Suns fans were thinking on draft night after taking the oldest player in the draft. However I'm pretty sure that's not what Gambo is referencing there, if it his then he needs thicker skin.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Golden State "wasting" all their first round picks! And our GM gets butchered for using a first rounder no one wanted from us the previous season?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave