2019 Free Agency

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rumor is Dwight Howard is going to be bought out by the Washington Wizards.

Please Suns stay away from him.

Last year he said he wanted to imitate his game after AD.
This he has said he wants to imitate his game after Draymond Green.
:?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You mean the Grizzlies? They seem to be clearing salary right now. I hope they don't plan on making a run at Oubre. They had interest last year.

I still think it's funny Dwight had a broken butt last year. I think he's basically done at this point. He'll find a home as a backup somewhere but I don't want him around Ayton. Dude has way too many personal and character issues that adding him to the Suns locker room could be really bad.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if Lyles would have gotten more than his QO even if he'd been out there the whole time. He had a horror show of a season last year.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You mean the Grizzlies? They seem to be clearing salary right now. I hope they don't plan on making a run at Oubre. They had interest last year.

I still think it's funny Dwight had a broken butt last year. I think he's basically done at this point. He'll find a home as a backup somewhere but I don't want him around Ayton. Dude has way too many personal and character issues that adding him to the Suns locker room could be really bad.
D’oh. yes, you are correct.:)

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

If we resign oubre Dwight's going to call the sun's immediately

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we resign oubre Dwight's going to call the sun's immediately
Actually, the game that Dwight has traditionally played is a fit for us as a spot player off the bench, I just do not know if he can play anymore and every team that has had him recently has dumped him like a hot potato.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, the game that Dwight has traditionally played is a fit for us as a spot player off the bench, I just do not know if he can play anymore and every team that has had him recently has dumped him like a hot potato.
His game has fallen off a cliff. It is sad how fast his game has disappeared.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's crazy how quick Dwight fell off. He left LA just 6 years ago. If they resigned him when they tried, last season would have been his 1st on a new deal.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's crazy how quick Dwight fell off. He left LA just 6 years ago. If they resigned him when they tried, last season would have been his 1st on a new deal.

I think the back problems were more serious than we thought, didn't that happen when he was in LA?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it six teams in six years for Dwight Howard?

4 teams, 3 years in Houston, 1 in Charlotte, 1 in Atlanta, 1 in Washington

I think the back problems were more serious than we thought, didn't that happen when he was in LA?

It either happened in LA or right before he went to LA. I know he dealt with a bad back in LA. I'm just not sure if it happened there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Atlanta has 13m available and could use an athletic wing that defends since neither Collins or Huerter do. Starting at 13m would escalate to 15m by year three. Then he’s off the books by the time Trae gets his huge extension.

Edit: Just saw they signed Jabari and forgot about DeAndre Hunter. Yeah the Suns are in the driver seat getting him on a team friendly deal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Atlanta has 13m available and could use an athletic wing that defends since neither Collins or Huerter do. Starting at 13m would escalate to 15m by year three. Then he’s off the books by the time Trae gets his huge extension.

Edit: Just saw they signed Jabari and forgot about DeAndre Hunter. Yeah the Suns are in the driver seat getting him on a team friendly deal.

Had me worried reading your post at first. My mind went straight to Joe Johnson and how Atlanta's involvement screwed us then. Thankfully they don't have the money to do it again. I'd gladly work a sign and trade with them to bring back either Collins or Trae Young but I think they'd hang up the phone on me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Had me worried reading your post at first. My mind went straight to Joe Johnson and how Atlanta's involvement screwed us then. Thankfully they don't have the money to do it again. I'd gladly work a sign and trade with them to bring back either Collins or Trae Young but I think they'd hang up the phone on me.

Also forgot about Cam Reddish. They look pretty good going forward.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if Jeremy Cluff is covering the Suns at azcentral. He has written three recent articles about the team. Of course Duane Rankin could be on vacation.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ract-phoenix-suns-nba-free-agency/1682752001/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...s-phoenix-suns-blasted-2019-moves/1678445001/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...hunder-suns-nba-trade-speculation/1673305001/

Rankin is on vacation....

No one should take that tweet too seriously. It's 4 days old and pure speculation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way he takes the QO. His agent would be doing him a huge disservice. One injury or a poor season and he could lose out on guaranteed 40-60 mil. A bird in the hand...