2019 Free Agency

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pat Bev to the Clips. Lakers still only have 3 players on their roster! Please Kawhi stay in Toronto or go to the Clips.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Rubio is a better pure pg. but I’m unsure if he’s a “worth $5 per” better pure pg.

It depends what you value more, passing or shooting. I value shooting more with Booker as the other guard.

Defensively Beverley is better too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Better all around and Beverly's injury history is about as bad as it gets.

Not all around. Beverley is a better shooter and defender. Rubio is a better passer and facilitator. I actually thought Beverley would be a better fit next to Booker.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I am not a Pat Bev guy. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but I just don’t care to pay him. Would rather have have Rubio as a pure point. He’ll be better in helping others develop. Beverly works better on a good contending team and he does have some injury history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I am not a Pat Bev guy. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but I just don’t care to pay him. Would rather have have Rubio as a pure point. He’ll be better in helping others develop. Beverly works better on a good contending team and he does have some injury history.

Been against Beverly from day one. That knee will be toast soon.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently they still have $29M!!!

They just drafted Barrett, they've got Kevin Knox (who I think blows but NY people think is prized piece) and then all those forwards... I don't think they're looking at Oubre... despite what 1Sun supposedly hears.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Patrick Beverly 3 year 40 mil
Ricky Rubio 3 year 51 mil

????

Beverly had microfracture a little over a year ago. I'd bet he doesn't 2/3 of the games over the next 3 years. He's on the wrong side of 30 already.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Something to think about: If Durant's deal is $164 million over 4 years, but he can't play the first year, in effect he'll be averaging nearly $55 million per year over the last three.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kawhi remaining in Toronto would be ideal.

in so many ways. If he stays there, there is REAL balance in the NBA, in both conferences for the first time since the 90's. You'd have your big boys in the East with Toronto, Milwaukee and Philly, with Indiana, Boston and NJ as pretenders (until KD gets back in two years) and out West, you'd have the Lakers, Rockets, Nuggets, Jazz and probably Warriors all duking it out, probably Portland too.

The NBA would be WIDE open.

But if Leonard goes to the Lakers? Toronto becomes nothing again and I think the Lakers run roughshod over everyone. That team could put me and Ouchie out there to round out the starting five and if Bron is healthy, they'll destroy everyone.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly don’t see the fit DLO in GS but good lord give the front office credit they swing for the fences over there.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Holy crap!!! GS is going to be right there again.

Idk, this off-season they basically got Russell for KD and Iggy , that's a significant downgrade on defense and offense , of Klay doesn't come back strong I can see them getting knocked out first round

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk, this off-season they basically got Russell for KD and Iggy , that's a significant downgrade on defense and offense , of Klay doesn't come back strong I can see them getting knocked out first round

They won a title without KD and 73 regular season games. Russell allows them to stay in the top tier in the West while waiting for Klay to return. They won't be the favorites next year but they won't slip as much as some thought. They're in a much better position going forward than they were with just KD walking. Now when Klay returns they can play him at SF or bring Russell off the bench as a super sub. Worst case, they trade him for depth. To match his salary will be expensive and they can probably add 2 solid rotation players at the least for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson