2019 Free Agency

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't see why not.

Klay can move to the 3 and take Durant's spot.

Russell has already proven not to be a great team guy. And he and Curry essentially overlap. Both need the ball to be effective.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know he punched a teammate a couple years ago, but if that is what Portis got we might be waaaaaaaaaaay too nervous about Oubre's market.

I sure hope so. Until the Suns sign Oubre it makes me uncomfortable.

Portis is a good signing but I'm not sure what the Knicks are doing with the signing of Randle.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Lakers don’t need to do anything until Kawhi makes his choice. Things would get really interesting if Kawhi doesn’t go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and the Lakers have done NOTHING.

Same for the Clippers, which is a little odd but I'm glad. Knowing a team in the same city with a better coach, owner, and roster has the same amount of money to try and keep someone like Kawhi from being Lebron's sidekick is good.

I would be surprised if Kawhi signed with the Lakers. He doesn't seem the sidekick type and all reports leading up this offseason was how he doesn't like the idea of "superteams". Since he's not repped by Rich Paul, he'd be the odd man out on the Lakers and thrown under the bus if there are issues also. He's not ditching his uncle, who is his agent now, to sign with Paul either.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russell has already proven not to be a great team guy. And he and Curry essentially overlap. Both need the ball to be effective.

Huh? Curry is good off the ball too he's the best shooter in NBA history, yes he can do that off the bounce but he's terrific off pin downs and kickouts. Russell isn't a knockdown shooter he can score but he's low 40's overall high 36-37 from 3. When Klay is back he should get better looks with Curry and Klay than he got in LA or BKN but I don't think he'll ever be a knockdown guy which is why I preferred joe Harris.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think the 3 of them can play together I'm just not a huge fan of Russell on defense but apparently he improved enough last season the Warriors think he can play with Klay out. it makes some sense if Curry has to be the bigger scoring option you need a 2 who can playmake and Russell can. So they can both be sort of combo guards and the offense will run through Draymond. If they can keep Looney then you have Damian Jones at the 5 to give them some rim protection.

I still would have preferred Joe Harris for defense and knockdown 3's but I guess Russell could work out.

Russell is an awesome fit with Steph. I mean he played well with Dinwiddie who’s a near death homeless man’s version of Steph.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same for the Clippers, which is a little odd but I'm glad. Knowing a team in the same city with a better coach, owner, and roster has the same amount of money to try and keep someone like Kawhi from being Lebron's sidekick is good.

I would be surprised if Kawhi signed with the Lakers. He doesn't seem the sidekick type and all reports leading up this offseason was how he doesn't like the idea of "superteams". Since he's not repped by Rich Paul, he'd be the odd man out on the Lakers and thrown under the bus if there are issues also. He's not ditching his uncle, who is his agent now, to sign with Paul either.

Lakers fans all over UCLA board saying it's a done deal Kawhi to Lakers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russell is an awesome fit with Steph. I mean he played well with Dinwiddie who’s a near death homeless man’s version of Steph.

I largely mean defense. I love Steph but with Klay always guarding the better guard it has allowed Steph to
"rest" on defense at times. That goes away now until Klay gets back, he might be guarding the better guards himself playing with Russell.

I don't hate Russell he's good I just hope he fits into the Warrior share the ball culture. And I thought the defense fell off this year and losing Iggy and bringing in Russell won't help there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think anyone knows what Kawhi is doing. He's not leaking anything. It was odd he came out and said he wasn't meeting with anyone right now. Dude is just different. I'm not saying it won't happen, it could, but I'd be very surprised if it were a "done deal" right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows what Kawhi is doing. He's not leaking anything. It was odd he came out and said he wasn't meeting with anyone right now. Dude is just different. I'm not saying it won't happen, it could, but I'd be very surprised if it were a "done deal" right now.

I think it's because Russell is a Warrior not a Laker. They all thought he was going to the Lakers if they didn't get Kawhi so him going to Warriors makes them think they ARE getting Kawhi. I agree though nobody knows.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the Rubio deal more and more. Jamal Murray resigns in Denver for $170 million for 5 years.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I largely mean defense. I love Steph but with Klay always guarding the better guard it has allowed Steph to
"rest" on defense at times. That goes away now until Klay gets back, he might be guarding the better guards himself playing with Russell.

I don't hate Russell he's good I just hope he fits into the Warrior share the ball culture. And I thought the defense fell off this year and losing Iggy and bringing in Russell won't help there.

Russell has a scorers mentality but isn’t selfish. Hadn’t Iggy’s defense fallen off?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I have heard the same thing. Then again, I called it on this board as soon as they traded for Davis and it was reported they were trying to clear cap space for a third max contract...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the Rubio deal more and more. Jamal Murray resigns in Denver for $170 million for 5 years.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jokic and Murray are nice foundation pieces.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Never say never, I guess... but I have a hard time seeing Leonard going to LA to play third fiddle behind Lebron and Davis.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Probably a good chance Kawhi goes to the Lakers at this point but he is a different kind of dude so who really knows. I would love to see him back in Toronto for another couple years at least. Who knows if DLo was even aware of the possibility of going to GS before today. I don’t take much of this action as an indicator of anything because I have been crazy surprised by some of this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Was watching the NBA TV Channel and Rex Chapman was saying how Leonard tests if teams are going to leak things. He says that was part of the problem in SA, that things were being leaked and that pissed Leonard off. So its kind of a test to see if the teams he is meeting with leak anything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose