2019 Free Agency

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD likely knows where he is going

I read earlier that he's met with Kyrie twice in the past week. Boston is also making the #11 available to it's rookies, if they want it, so Kyrie is essentially gone from Boston and meeting with KD indicates they've talked about landing somewhere. I think Brooklyn is the team to strike out, basically. Unless they do something stupid they'll sign both Kyrie and Durant if they want.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the Suns will let him walk at more than $14M, which he is sure to get.

If the Kings who have 60 mil throw an offer Suns cant match, Suns need to shift all atte tion to Dlo since Oubre is gone

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Where did you guys hear the $14 million number? AZ Sports has been quoting $17 mil. Today all over the internet i am seeing $14 mil he walks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where did you guys hear the $14 million number? AZ Sports has been quoting $17 mil. Today all over the internet i am seeing $14 mil he walks.

14 is Gambo's number, but he admits he is guessing.

I think they will go up to 17-18 but that's just my guess.

But I could see Sacramento offering him 18-19 because it is being reported everywhere what the suns don't want to go past.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
14 is Gambo's number, but he admits he is guessing.

I think they will go up to 17-18 but that's just my guess.

But I could see Sacramento offering him 18-19 because it is being reported everywhere what the suns don't want to go past.

Sacramento worries me. They threw $20 million at Zach LaVine last year after his ACL tear. He wasn't getting that anywhere else and I'm surprised Chicago matched it. They've been looking to dump it also from what I've read. Sacramento seems content ruining other team's cap situation just to keep them from being at the bottom of the league themselves. Sooner or later, someone won't match and they'll get stuck overpaying someone though.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
6/26/19, 2:59 PM
Toronto Raptors center Marc Gasol is exercising his $25.6M player option for next season, returning to the defending NBA champions, league sources tell ESPN. Gasol could’ve entered free agency.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
6/26/19, 2:59 PM
Toronto Raptors center Marc Gasol is exercising his $25.6M player option for next season, returning to the defending NBA champions, league sources tell ESPN. Gasol could’ve entered free agency.
Did Kawhi opt out? Or say he's staying or leaving?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
6/26/19, 3:45 PM
New Orleans is declining the qualifying offer on Cheick Diallo, which will make him an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell ESPN. Diallo, 22, adds another quality young big to the marketplace next week.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did Kawhi opt out? Or say he's staying or leaving?

I don't think he's opted out yet. I know Urijh told him that he's not leaving, he was offered a big deal to go to Washington. A lot of what I've heard is that Kawhi is likely to stay in Toronto for another year or two and then he'll head out. Sort of ride this championship out and see if he can help them repeat. That would make a lot of sense for him. Cash in now to stay for 2 more years and then get a bigger deal later because he'd have 10 years in the league and can then sign for the larger max, 35% of the cap compared to the 30% he'd get now. He has 8 years as of right now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't think he's opted out yet. I know Urijh told him that he's not leaving, he was offered a big deal to go to Washington. A lot of what I've heard is that Kawhi is likely to stay in Toronto for another year or two and then he'll head out. Sort of ride this championship out and see if he can help them repeat. That would make a lot of sense for him. Cash in now to stay for 2 more years and then get a bigger deal later because he'd have 10 years in the league and can then sign for the larger max, 35% of the cap compared to the 30% he'd get now. He has 8 years as of right now.
He has to be the unofficial Mayor of Toronto. If he says he will stay that city will go nuts!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has to be the unofficial Mayor of Toronto. If he says he will stay that city will go nuts!

Danny Green talked about it on his podcast. Someone offered him a house if he stays. Found this article about it, I guess it's a penthouse in downtown Toronto that is a multi million dollar crib. There was another initiative the "Ka'wine & Dine" where restaurants print this icon and put it in their window that indicates Kawhi can eat for free for life there after bringing a title to Toronto. He has it made already. I don't think he'll leave yet. Like I said, staying another year or two would be in his best interest.

Here are some pics of the penthouse and there is info on the Kawhi & Dine thing also in this article...
https://www.narcity.com/sports/ca/o...lar-penthouse-for-free-if-he-stays-in-toronto

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The site rules in this forum:

#1. No cursing. There are children that visit this site. Please assume that they are lurking at any time. Cursing in a post will result in post removal and eventually more.

I read that and am thinking, children? You mean like the 30 to 60 years olds in here? :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sacramento worries me. They threw $20 million at Zach LaVine last year after his ACL tear. He wasn't getting that anywhere else and I'm surprised Chicago matched it. They've been looking to dump it also from what I've read. Sacramento seems content ruining other team's cap situation just to keep them from being at the bottom of the league themselves. Sooner or later, someone won't match and they'll get stuck overpaying someone though.

Yeah, I mentioned that a week or so ago. The Kings are extremely stupid and energetic... and they've got money to blow. They're going to throw stupid money at someone.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah, I mentioned that a week or so ago. The Kings are extremely stupid and energetic... and they've got money to blow. They're going to throw stupid money at someone.
I did read an article on who they were targeting, and it wasn't Oubre. I know they had some bigs in mind. I wasn't that familiar with the guys they mentioned or knew we weren't interested in those players, so I didn't worry about remembering who they wanted.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Whoa hoe! Look at this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sac looking at Harris and Koufos according to Hoops Hype.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Looking for Kelly Oubre rumors and I can only find stuff with him and Phoenix. Hoopshype only has him associated with us. Most guys I am googling have 3 or 4 teams associated with them.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Check this out by Google! One of these guys is not like the other!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Now Woj is saying it may be GS for the five year deal for KD. Not eliminating the other teams in contenting, just GS seems in front for now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um. Tampering? Good grief. Maybe the league will step in and prevent us from signing him.

In what way is that tampering? It's been a rumor for more than a month and unless there was more than what I saw, nothing there is sourced. It might have come from the same place the rumors often come from, some kid in a basement speculating, but regardless, without even a quote or source listed it's like a thousand claims every offseason (totally baseless, usually).

Although in this case, it might be Rich Paul trying to create a market for a client that isn't very much in demand right now. Agents do this every year.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Check this out by Google! One of these guys is not like the other!

One is a handcuff runner?
One is a guard?
One doesn’t play for the Suns?
One is an RFA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk