2019 Free Agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been reported that Horford is opting out because he feels he can get a multi-year deal at $25+ million a year and that's a bit crazy at his age. Boston probably had a lower price point set since he's not as valuable if Kyrie leaves and he felt they lowballed him. I'll be surprised if he can get more than a 2 year deal at $20 million a year but word is he wants 4 years and $100 million, which I can't see him getting.

Horford's agent has to know something or this is a big mistake.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's seems that everyone is hung up on the point guard position for the Suns in free agency and the draft.

Gambo is pointing to drafting Coby White and signing a modest veteran point guard. That sounds fairly underwhelming to those expecting big moves and trades of Warren and JJ to free up cap space. No DLo, no Holiday, no Brogdon, or Ball?

What if a power forward is what we are trying to free up cash to pursue and not a PG like DLo? What about Tobias Harris? No chance right? Maybe we need to pay more attention to connections that our front office and coaches have to give hints on possible free agent targets.

Jeff Bower traded for him in Detroit. Monty just recently coached him in Philly.

Bower is also connected to a couple of point guards who are of note this off-season. He drafted Collison in New Orleans and Dinwiddie in Detroit.

How would you feel about losing Warren and JJ, but adding Collison, Harris, and White?

Collison, White
Booker, Johnson
Oubre, Bridges
Harris, ?
Ayton, ?

Well Tobias would be a good get - but I heard the Nets are after him for their second max slot, and I would think he would prefer that option.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Horford's agent has to know something or this is a big mistake.

What they know is the Knicks have like $70 million in cap space, and no top tier guys to spend it on. Also, there is a good chance the clippers get nobody as well if Kawai decides to stay in Toronto.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Horford follows Kyrie to Brooklyn? I think there is a good chance that Kyrie and Horford become a package deal now that KD's future is up in the air.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What they know is the Knicks have like $70 million in cap space, and no top tier guys to spend it on. Also, there is a good chance the clippers get nobody as well if Kawai decides to stay in Toronto.

The Knicks are not in position to go anywhere but this has never stopped them before.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Horford follows Kyrie to Brooklyn? I think there is a good chance that Kyrie and Horford become a package deal now that KD's future is up in the air.

I think this is something more likely to happen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that's interesting. I wonder tho if Kyrie signs there, thinks he can do enough in Year 1 with a team that just made the playoffs to be placated if he's forced to wait a year to play with KD.

If the Nets clear out Deangelo, I feel like they've got to go bigger game hunting than Horford. But who knows...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those draft picks aren't nearly as enticing as they used to be.

Certainly not for a team that wants to compete for a championship.

I'd like to have those first round picks for the Suns though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word is Collison wants to play for a playoff team... listening to Gambo.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It's looking more and more like the Suns are going to make the horrific mistake of throwing money at an undeserving Cory Joseph and once again trying to convert a third-string talent into a starter.

SOSDY...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, what an unreasonable request!

How many players do you know of that has literally said, "I don't care who I play with?" Which player WOULDN'T say they want to play for a playoff team?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, what an unreasonable request!

How many players do you know of that has literally said, "I don't care who I play with?" Which player WOULDN'T say they want to play for a playoff team?

Trevor Ariza.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Trevor Ariza.
Hmm, really? Did he actually say that? When he was a free agent, you are saying he didn't care where he played--meaning, he never said that he wanted to play for a contender. I can almost guarantee he told his agent he'd rather play for a contender. And when no contender ponied up any money, he took what he could get. The same can go for ANY player, regardless of what they say.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, really? Did he actually say that? When he was a free agent, you are saying he didn't care where he played--meaning, he never said that he wanted to play for a contender. I can almost guarantee he told his agent he'd rather play for a contender. And when no contender ponied up any money, he took what he could get. The same can go for ANY player, regardless of what they say.

I answered your question: "Which player WOULDN'T say they want to play for a playoff team?"

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I answered your question: "Which player WOULDN'T say they want to play for a playoff team?"
Right, and I think you are wrong. Ariza ended up signing for a non-playoff contender, but I find it HIGHLY unbelievable that he never said he didn't care one way or another whether he played for a contender or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right, and I think you are wrong. Ariza ended up signing for a non-playoff contender, but I find it HIGHLY unbelievable that he never said he didn't care one way or another whether he played for a contender or not.
And once he got paid he essentially stopped playing until he could get traded to what he thought was a playoff team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cory Joseph is a reported Rich Paul client. So is Darius Garland.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What guy doesn't know he would be skewered if he admitted, "I really don't want to go to a playoff contender. Too much pressure."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting tidbit concerning Malcolm Brogdon.

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42

Milwaukee could create up to $14M in room and bring back Brook Lopez using cap space. The $22M+ in cap holds of Malcolm Brogdon and Khris Middleton give Milwaukee an advantage when it comes to creating room. It also gives them a buffer when it comes to the tax.

8:04 PM - 19 Jun 2019