2019 Draft Prospects...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Brandon Clarke is 23 before the season starts and he is a 6'8 center.

He completely lacks that modern PF perimeter/shooting game so he will be a center and at 6'8 I doubt his style will work.

Imo he is a Jordan Bell type prospect. If you take him the lottery that says a lot about the lack of depth in this draft.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clarke is certainly not flashy but he gets the job done.

He reminds me a bit of Gordon Hayward or Kevin Knox in last year's draft.
He does remind me of Kevin Knox. I was not impressed at all with him either.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that Clarke is the shorter version of John Collins which is not a great thing since Collins' game is based on his length and athleticism but he has inches on Clarke.

Clarke is a great college player but in the NBA?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that Clarke is the shorter version of John Collins which is not a great thing since Collins' game is based on his length and athleticism but he has inches on Clarke.

When I see Clarke, Shane Battier comes to mind. Not sure why. Its not looks, its just the type of impact.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nbadraft.net has us taking him with our second round pick.

Not that it means anything.

It will take awhile for all the mocks to figure it out. I think the latest Clarke goes is the middle of the first round.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It will take awhile for all the mocks to figure it out. I think the latest Clarke goes is the middle of the first round.
Come on, you know nbadraft.net is simply a power ranking of players. They just happen to put a list of NBA teams there. It’s a false equivalency. None of that mock draft is based on teams drafting specific players.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on, you know nbadraft.net is simply a power ranking of players. They just happen to put a list of NBA teams there. It’s a false equivalency. None of that mock draft is based on teams drafting specific players.
But Clarke in the second round is not even an accurate power ranking.

Or is this sarcasm.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
But Clarke in the second round is not even an accurate power ranking.

Or is this sarcasm.
When I first heard of Clarke a few weeks ago he was definitely a 2nd rounder. Clarke isn’t even the top prospect on his own team right now.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Pretty sure John Collins had terrible measurements.

shade under 6'10 small wingspan

Clarke is most likely effectively longer than Collins.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clarke is a great college player with no clear NBA position. I mentioned him a few years ago when he was at SJSU he was an obvious transfer candidate dominating at that level and has been great for Gonzaga.

Terrific leaper but doesn't necessarily translate to the NBA

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am waiting to see if Tako Fall comes out. I think he's second round talent at best. However, at his size, I can see a team rolling the dice in the first round for this guy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am waiting to see if Tako Fall comes out. I think he's second round talent at best. However, at his size, I can see a team rolling the dice in the first round for this guy.
Isn’t he a senior?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t he a senior?

He is. He's a 23 year old senior and I expect his post-college career to be similar to another giant from Senegal that came just before him, Mamadou N'Diaye. I think he'll spend most of his time playing international ball and maybe some G League and will likely end up at the end of an NBA bench every few seasons.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He is. He's a 23 year old senior and I expect his post-college career to be similar to another giant from Senegal that came just before him, Mamadou N'Diaye. I think he'll spend most of his time playing international ball and maybe some G League and will likely end up at the end of an NBA bench every few seasons.
I am curious how you'd compare him to Manute Bol. I looked up that 8 of his 13 NBA seasons had significant playing time.

Do you think it's a fair comparison?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

They played each other a few years ago. Neither had a big game, but I felt it was clear Tacko was better then, and he's gotten a little better in the years since. To be clear, I don't think he's a world-beater...but I think he's got a chance to be closer to Boban than N'Diaye.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd wager on that...

I will give him a 0% chance in the first round and a 1% chance in the second.

He isn't an NBA prospect.

Tacko's biggest problem is his rebound rate. These other guys he is being compared to hauled in rebounds at a high rate, although in marginal playing time. Tacko stinks on the glass, and stinks on the glass while playing in a reeeeally lousy conference. If all a guy can do is dunk when fed the ball within 2 feet of the hoop and block shots when defenders go straight into him, then he isn't a basketball player, he's more like a statue.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Tacko's poor free throw shooting he might have a chance to be drafted in the 2nd round.

His height alone alters the way other teams play.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd wager on that...

Tacko's biggest problem is his rebound rate. These other guys he is being compared to hauled in rebounds at a high rate, although in marginal playing time. Tacko stinks on the glass, and stinks on the glass while playing in a reeeeally lousy conference. If all a guy can do is dunk when fed the ball within 2 feet of the hoop and block shots when defenders go straight into him, then he isn't a basketball player, he's more like a statue.
I agree, under 8 rpg with his length and mobility in a small conference is a concern. The thing that did stick out to me is even though Zion got 32 points, Fall’s length was an issue for him. Zion will need his athleticism to maneuver around length and continue to develop range on his jump shot because going straight up against guys with length in NBA is going to be a challenge even with a 42” vertical.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree, under 8 rpg with his length and mobility in a small conference is a concern. The thing that did stick out to me is even though Zion got 32 points, Fall’s length was an issue for him. Zion will need his athleticism to maneuver around length and continue to develop range on his jump shot because going straight up against guys with length in NBA is going to be a challenge even with a 42” vertical.

Tacko is an absurdly tall human being, even for NBA standards. I'm not sure that situation is representative of the length he'll usually face in the NBA. He does not seem to have much issue against guys in the 6'10" - 7' range.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd wager on that...

FWIW, he had 18 boards against VCU in the first tournament game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Shawn Bradley, Manute Bol, Mark Eaton, etc. These guys were projects. But teams with room to take on a project game them a chance and developed them into servicaeable centers. With a guy with length, you take your time working on him. I remember Yao Ming, even though he was more developed, he had trouble with NBA speed his first season. They did some footwork drills, plus he adjusted to the speed. Ideally I think it's best if Tako stays at college for four years. He needs the time to build some muscle.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shawn Bradley, Manute Bol, Mark Eaton, etc. These guys were projects. But teams with room to take on a project game them a chance and developed them into servicaeable centers. With a guy with length, you take your time working on him. I remember Yao Ming, even though he was more developed, he had trouble with NBA speed his first season. They did some footwork drills, plus he adjusted to the speed. Ideally I think it's best if Tako stays at college for four years. He needs the time to build some muscle.

He was a senior this year.