2019 D’Backs Payroll Projections

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
https://www.azsnakepit.com/2018/9/11/17845730/2019-diamondbacks-payroll-mike-hazen

Great rundown over at The Pit. So basically between guaranteed contracts and arb/pre-arb projections the Diamondbacks projected payroll next year is around 133 mil. That IS NOT including Corbin, Pollack, Escobar, Buchholz and Descalso which is currently over 12+ WAR this year.

There is no option but to go full on rebuild.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
They kicked the can for as long as possible. This year was THE year to make it pay, and it failed. It was one of the reasons why I was arguing for trading Pollack & Corbin at the deadline this year, or at least seeing what you could've gotten for them. It's always easy looking in the rear-view mirror and making your case. But I've been consistent all season and have never thought of this team as a legit post season team...

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
They kicked the can for as long as possible. This year was THE year to make it pay, and it failed. It was one of the reasons why I was arguing for trading Pollack & Corbin at the deadline this year, or at least seeing what you could've gotten for them. It's always easy looking in the rear-view mirror and making your case. But I've been consistent all season and have never thought of this team as a legit post season team...
True, you wanted to trade Pollock and Corbin and I was against it as I thought we had a chance to make the playoffs. Now we will probably lose them both and still have a payroll issue next year. Turns out you were right on.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
True, you wanted to trade Pollock and Corbin and I was against it as I thought we had a chance to make the playoffs. Now we will probably lose them both and still have a payroll issue next year. Turns out you were right on.

Trust me... I would've easily gotten off my stance had this team made the post season and showed the value in holding onto AJ and Patrick. I honestly don't fault Hazen and the front office all that much. They believe they had a legit shot. And hey, being in first place virtually the entire season proved they were onto something. But, there was a large does of hope associated with their plans... Hoping that their 3 headed monster at Catcher panned out. That Souza actually would've even come close to the year he had in 2017. That Lamb would finally break through and put together a full season. And while they knew what they could expect from Grienke & Corbin, they were hoping Ray would put together a complete and dominant season, and that Godley and Walker would produce "just enough" to keep the team competitive. That Boxberger, Archie and the rest of a rag-tag pen could somehow hold it down enough times to keep the team in contention.
But those were large bets... that didn't pay off. Hey, they took a shot and rolled the dice. I always have a hard time criticizing guys who have the guts and the passion to give it 100%. Hazen, Hall, Torey get huge kudos from me. As we know, their wallet is nothing like that of the larger, more established markets. But for the second year in a row, they ensured this team was relevant and a force that had to be dealt with for 95% of the season... Given the challenges they face, including injuries to key players like Lamb and Walker with no viable depth, they have accomplished a great deal and get big props from me...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson