2019 Arizona Diamondbacks transactions

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks)
5/27/19, 11:20 AM
#Dbacks recall right-handed pitcher Jimmie Sherfy from the Triple-A Reno ⁦‪@Aces‬⁩ and place Luke Weaver on the 10-day injured list (right forearm tightness).
A reliever to replace a starter? We'll see if another change is made before that turn in the rotation comes up again.

I hope this is not another excuse to put Godley back in the rotation ... again.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You know why, 1Sun. Because that was probably "the plan". :shrug:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see Peralta back,

Crichton did well in his stint

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck Duplantier is hurt??

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Could this be, as we previously posted, because the D-backs brought him up a starter,
but totally changed his 5-game routine and turned him into a long reliever on-call?

Then he was finally thrust into the rotation. And look what happened. Results talk!

I put this on Torey. He actually told the Press that the needs of the Major League
team are more important than developing a ballplayer properly.

I would suggest that it is the General Manager's and Field Manager's responsibility
to not choose between the two. As well as the Pitching Coach.

The good teams don't alibi. They don't have to.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Could this be, as we previously posted, because the D-backs brought him up a starter,
but totally changed his 5-game routine and turned him into a long reliever on-call?

Then he was finally thrust into the rotation. And look what happened. Results talk!

I put this on Torey. He actually told the Press that the needs of the Major League

I would suggest that it is the General Manager's and Field Manager's responsibility

LOL...o_O

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

You catch the ball, you throw the ball, you hit the ball.

If your body is too fragile to do these things there are dozens of others things you can do with your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You catch the ball, you throw the ball, you hit the ball.

If your body is too fragile to do these things there are dozens of others things you can do with your life.
What a generalization! Fragile body?

A Minor League starting pitcher, accustomed to the 4-day routine of preparing for each start, gets
called up to sit in the bullpen and pitch on short notice. Then gets sent down, then brought up again.
To sit in the bullpen again. And is informed that he is finally going to start.

You throw the ball? Pitchers don't throw the ball. They pitch the ball. Against Major League batters.

If only it were as simple as you described it. If I saw a smiley on your post, I wouldn't be responding.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson