2019 6th round pick is KeeSean Johnson WR

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like this pick. Deep year for WRs. He is similar to Riley Ridley in his game. Big, possession WR who runs good routes. You have Butler, Kirk and Isabella for splash plays vertically and you now have Fitz and Johnson for the space underneath which those players create. I love a cheap and deep WR corp. Also, you have to prepare for life after Fitzgerald. 5 young WRs in Kirk, Isabella, Butler, Johnson and Sherfield.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Based on the current cost of an average WR (8-12m/year)...we will love that we loaded up on them.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A possible problem with 3 WR's in the same draft is that you will need to pay up or replace several of them in the same offseason. Hopefully Champagne problem down the road.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A possible problem with 3 WR's in the same draft is that you will need to pay up or replace several of them in the same offseason. Hopefully Champagne problem down the road.
Meh. Are the Chargers really sweating Tyrell Williams? Did he offer them solid production, in his time?

Odds are, we'll be lucky for one of the three to be a star, happy if 2/3 are productive, and most likely end up cutting at least one in the next few years.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh. Are the Chargers really sweating Tyrell Williams? Did he offer them solid production, in his time?

Odds are, we'll be lucky for one of the three to be a star, happy if 2/3 are productive, and most likely end up cutting at least one in the next few years.

Which is why I said possible problem and then Hopefully Champagne problems. Your reading comprehension is lacking IMO.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Can you cite a single example for this?
I mean it is simple deduction that the sooner the receivers get open the quicker the QB can get the ball out of his hands and the less time the Oline has to effectively block.

Granted that obviously doesn't mean that the Oline is actually blocking more effectively, but can make them look better because they would give up fewer sacks/hurries.