2019 2nd round pick for Rosen is Andy Isabella WR

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
The QB in Isabella's game cuts is horrible. It seems that Isabella is mostly a weapon in the short passing game. But when you watch whole game cuts, he often outran the coverage and was underthrown. Hardly ever you see a WR with his type of numbers who has to adjust to so many throws that are behind him. Almost every bomb to him is underthrown which forces him to slow down and battle for the ball, while this would be easy walk-in TDs with a decent QB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Joel Klatt on the NFLN coverage said something interesting: KKs offense doesnt really have "slot" guys but rather inside and outside wrs ( and in some programs -- the WRs never change sides, almost like offensive linemen.)

i still dont fully understand the difference, but i wonder if we need to adjust assumptions on the attributes of a WR and where they fit

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Keim is in love with midgets. Listen, I don't care how fast he is. We have had a ton of those fast little guys go through our system and break down. They can be good for a little while but then they just are not a presence. The receivers that make a difference are the big physical receivers that go up and take the ball away from the defender.

And there was one of those on the board. Not a fan of this pick.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Keim is in love with midgets. Listen, I don't care how fast he is. We have had a ton of those fast little guys go through our system and break down. They can be good for a little while but then they just are not a presence. The receivers that make a difference are the big physical receivers that go up and take the ball away from the defender.

You're not a fan of Amendola or Edelman?

That's who he is being compared to. We need a guy that can get open and catch the ball consistantly.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

To be fair he seems to have more bulk than guys like Nelson and Brown and that may help him to hold up better. Also there are a plethora of small receivers in the league that very much make a difference.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You mean like Antonio Brown ?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Antonio Brown isnt big.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To be fair he seems to have more bulk than guys like Nelson and Brown and that may help him to hold up better. Also there are a plethora of small receivers in the league that very much make a difference.

He is bigger than those two. It's an ignorant take. Welker and Amendola are short too. Antonio Brown is like 5'10.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You do realize most of those big guys cant get out of their breaks well? And if they can, they usually go really high. And the ones who cant? They are out of the NFL in a year or two.

Watch tape. Tape tells the story, and this kid can flat out play.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

'Mark' my words... that's not always right :)
You must be registered for see images attach

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Edelman
Tyrek Hill
Antonio Brown
Brandin cooks
Tj Hilton
Oj Beckham
Jarvis Landry
5'9 to 5'11 players with amazing production

U can add
Sterling Shepard
Golden Tate
Tyler Lockett

10 players under 6feet are in the top25 in receiving yards

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Love this pick.

But the Comp to Welker is off base IMO.

He doesn't possess the shiftiness and sudden change of direction ability that Edelman & Welker have.

He is more of a Cooper Kupp with blazing speed.

Think long seams and deep posts out of the slot as well as great shallow crosses with Kirk.

The dude will be running the Tyreek Hill motions all game long.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Ty Hilton

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love this pick.

But the Comp to Welker is off base IMO.

He doesn't possess the shiftiness and sudden change of direction ability that Edelman & Welker have.

He is more of a Cooper Kupp with blazing speed.

Think long seams and deep posts out of the slot as well as great shallow crosses with Kirk.

The dude will be running the Tyreek Hill motions all game long.
OK. I can take it. It is easier to like this pick with Hakeem Butler chosen in the 4th round. It is true also that he is sturdier than JJ Nelson. The tape shows that Isabella has an ability to slow down and then accelerate quickly that helps him in YAC. I am just a little burned by JJ and Smoke.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As one media guy cited during the draft, he can become a lot quicker in and out of his cuts if he simply stops trying to do too much... he gets lost in all the head bobbing and such that he forgets with his speed he just needs to be decisive in his action

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. I can take it. It is easier to like this pick with Hakeem Butler chosen in the 4th round. It is true also that he is sturdier than JJ Nelson. The tape shows that Isabella has an ability to slow down and then accelerate quickly that helps him in YAC. I am just a little burned by JJ and Smoke.
Without his medical issue, smoke was a stud in the making. I have no qualms with that

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA