2019 2nd round pick for Rosen is Andy Isabella WR

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK. I can take it. It is easier to like this pick with Hakeem Butler chosen in the 4th round. It is true also that he is sturdier than JJ Nelson. The tape shows that Isabella has an ability to slow down and then accelerate quickly that helps him in YAC. I am just a little burned by JJ and Smoke.

I can understand your feelings on JJ but Smoke's departure had everything to do with not being available due to illness.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just got around to seeing highlights of this kid, man is he going to be fun to watch. I love how he always leans in when reaching the goal line like he’s running the 100m lol

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i know Harry says he doesnt play to his timed speed

but in the highlights, he runs right by a Georgia CB

i think people think slot because:

A. He is short
B. He is white

so he becomes either Wes Welker, Julian Edleman or Danny Amendola

but Hollywood Brown is 5-9, 170 and nobody is putting him in the slot

Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill are both 5-10, 185

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A. He is short
B. He is white

doesnt play to his timed speed, dont know why he came with that statement
basically he overrun anybody

he just played the 27% of his snaps in the slot, he is more an outside receiver

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

A. He is short
B. He is white

Like I said earlier, all if his deep plays you see, he is clearly beating his man deep and having to slow down and wait for his QB to get him the ball. Not going to happen with Murray :)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I see more than one draft review calling Isabella “slight framed”, I don’t get it. He is 20+ lbs heavier and an inch shorter than Marquise Brown but you don’t hear that knock on him. He also ran a 4.31 at that weight so I don’t think it is manufactured, combine weight.

PFW hated the Cardinals draft gave it a C+, did not like the Murray or Isabella picks at all.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see more than one draft review calling Isabella “slight framed”, I don’t get it. He is 20+ lbs heavier and an inch shorter than Marquise Brown but you don’t hear that knock on him. He also ran a 4.31 at that weight so I don’t think it is manufactured, combine weight.

PFW hated the Cardinals draft gave it a C+, did not like the Murray or Isabella picks at all.
Nah, you definitely hear/see the frame criticism about Brown, lol.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Old school guys who want every pick to fit THEIR board, not the individual team need board.

The Cardinals needed another corner, especially a good nickel guy.

The Cardinals needed a receiver who could take the top off the defense.

The Cardinals needed another DL rotation guy who could stop the run

The Cardinals needed a big outside receiver

The Cardinals needed a true centerfielder

The Cardinals needed OL depth

The Cardinals needed a receiving TE

They filled alot of their needs without reaching

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is the first draft in memory where every pick the Cards made was reasonably expected to be drafted by most pundits. No projected UFA's in the 5th or 6th round.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury told NBC Sports' Peter King he plans to threaten defenses sideline to sideline.
"We’re going to play the game at times wider than probably most people do in the league," Kingsbury said. "We’re going to use the entire field and make them cover five wides and the quarterback and that’s tough on defenses." Arizona needed the weapons to execute this strategy, and they acquired them in the draft, selecting Andy Isabella in the second round, Hakeem Butler in the fourth, and Keesean Johnson in the sixth. With those three added to Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk, the Cardinals now have an exciting if unproven outside of Fitzgerald receiving corps.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I listened to the interview. Pretty convincing that he is going to be successful at the NFL level.

Coach Whipple laughed at the size concerns, said hes sturdy built. Does have much fat on his body.

Whipple said his work ethic compared to the best hed seen even at the NFL level when he coached with the Steelers.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite pick in the draft. I’m no expert and compare players to who they remind me off. I watched him in the senior bowl and I immediately said to myself he reminds me of Edelman only faster. He’ll probably end up in New England. Glad I was wrong . I literally came out of my seat when they announced his name.