2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The rules change so defenders cant put all their weight on the qb when going down. Murray will be slippery like soap.
Just because it's "in the rules" doesn't mean it's not still going to happen. Murray supporters have to admit, that no matter what, he's going to get popped at LEAST a couple of times.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just because it's "in the rules" doesn't mean it's not still going to happen. Murray supporters have to admit, that no matter what, he's going to get popped at LEAST a couple of times.
Like he was in college? All qb's get hit, its how they get back up and march down the field afterwards is what separates them. Kyler was hit hard by a fat defender against Alabama, laid on the game and was taken out for one series. Begged to get back in and still was leading his team against them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like he was in college? All qb's get hit, its how they get back up and march down the field afterwards is what separates them. Kyler was hit hard by a fat defender against Alabama, laid on the game and was taken out for one series. Begged to get back in and still was leading his team against them.
Not as hard in college, no. And he had an elite offensive line.

Here, he has one of the worst. Someone's going to get through before he really has time to react or run away, when they blow up the guard and just get through.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not as hard in college, no. And he had an elite offensive line.

Here, he has one of the worst. Someone's going to get through before he really has time to react or run away, when they blow up the guard and just get through.
Wilson has one of the worst lines in the league and he runs around all game. You dont think Kyler would do the same?? That's who he is being compared too. Oh wait let me guess, he's not as big Wilson even though they weighed the same at the time of the combine and he wont gain weight by the time preseason comes right??

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rules change so defenders cant put all their weight on the qb when going down. Murray will be slippery like soap.

Nonetheless, it will still happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not banging on Murray, just sayin... That's all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wilson has one of the worst lines in the league and he runs around all game. You dont think Kyler would do the same?? That's who he is being compared too. Oh wait let me guess, he's not as big Wilson even though they weighed the same at the time of the combine and he wont gain weight by the time preseason comes right??

I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to say Kyler is Russell Wilson yet.

And even then, Wilson has taken some rough hits. 2014 was a pretty rough year for him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Now you are arguing two different points.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to say Kyler is Russell Wilson yet.

And even then, Wilson has taken some rough hits. 2014 was a pretty rough year for him.

How many games has Wilson missed in his NFL career?

IIRC it's either 1 or none.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every NFL player gets injured and the majority will miss some games. It's just a matter of luck on how bad the injury is. QBs are bing protected better now by the new rules but still will get hit more than any other player. Rosen took a hell of a beating last year and survived. The year before we lost Carson for the season. Let's hope that good luck is on Murray's side.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How many games has Wilson missed in his NFL career?

IIRC it's either 1 or none.
We've gotta stop this Russell Wilson comparison. No, he's got a great active streak. He is probably going to end up being a Hall Of Fame player. But this is like if I were making a case for Drew Henson years ago because of Tom Brady.

Kyler has proven nothing, so stop pretending that all of the luck is going to fall his way. Wilson's situation in college was dramatically different, so was the team he came into, and so was the coaching.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I have been pretty quiet over the last several weeks. It's because I am busy with a new job and moving 100 miles north during the week and then back home for the weekends. Anyway I want to say I am not a fan of the pick, but you that know me know I'm a cards fan, so lets go Kyler and welcome to the Red Sea.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joel Corry (@corryjoel)
4/28/19, 12:21 PM
Kyler Murray's NFL contract will have the standard signing bonus forfeiture language (to maximum extent permitted under CBA Article 4, Section 9). He'll have the same default/breach language as other Arizona players that will cause his salary guarantees to void. twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman…

Well, this must have been known by the Cards FO, and puts a lie to the claim that they couldn't cut a deal earlier on moving Rosen.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've gotta stop this Russell Wilson comparison. No, he's got a great active streak. He is probably going to end up being a Hall Of Fame player. But this is like if I were making a case for Drew Henson years ago because of Tom Brady.

Kyler has proven nothing, so stop pretending that all of the luck is going to fall his way. Wilson's situation in college was dramatically different, so was the team he came into, and so was the coaching.

Now that's rich. Your responding to a quote of mine as was I responding to a quote of yours in which talked about Wilson. So you can bring up Wilson but I can't respond?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Now that's rich. Your responding to a quote of mine as was I responding to a quote of yours in which talked about Wilson. So you can bring up Wilson but I can't respond?
You can certainly respond, but you replied to a post in which I said Murray isn't Wilson, and then doubled down on the Wilson comparison.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to say Kyler is Russell Wilson yet."

Yes, Wilson hasn't been knocked out of a game. He's a tough dude. And likely already a Hall of Famer. But Kyler has proven a great deal of nothing yet, and if you really think he's going to just never take a hit or miss a game because another QB of similar stature hasn't, I don't know what to tell you.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can certainly respond, but you replied to a post in which I said Murray isn't Wilson, and then doubled down on the Wilson comparison.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to say Kyler is Russell Wilson yet."

Yes, Wilson hasn't been knocked out of a game. He's a tough dude. And likely already a Hall of Famer. But Kyler has proven a great deal of nothing yet, and if you really think he's going to just never take a hit or miss a game because another QB of similar stature hasn't, I don't know what to tell you.

Drew Brees has also stayed fairly injury free. Brady only missed on year other than that has always suited up. Cam has missed some games. Wentz has missed a bunch of time as has Luck.

What does all the above mean, probably not much but some QB's now how to avoid big hits most of the time and some don't look to protect themselves. Murray slides and gets out of bounds and ducks and rolls out of most big hits. He has self preservation already built in and because he can get a big chunk play on the next play or series he doesn't try to be superman.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And wtf Rosen has proven that makes you so heart broken that we traded him??

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Drew Brees has also stayed fairly injury free. Brady only missed on year other than that has always suited up. Cam has missed some games. Wentz has missed a bunch of time as has Luck.

What does all the above mean, probably not much but some QB's now how to avoid big hits most of the time and some don't look to protect themselves. Murray slides and gets out of bounds and ducks and rolls out of most big hits. He has self preservation already built in and because he can get a big chunk play on the next play or series he doesn't try to be superman.

"Drew Brees has also stayed fairly injury free."

You must be registered for see images attach

Totally the reason why the Chargers still have him as their QB! And why Miami didn't sign him. And why he is a Saints player. His injury cost his original franchise a whole bunch.

Brady had a freak ACL tear. Cam is targeted on every play as a designed runner, and isn't helping your argument. He could barely get the ball out at the end of last season, and is going to get hurt more, as he gets older. Same with Wentz... injured on a running play, and has not played a single playoff game for his team. Wentz might not even get a second contract. Is this supposed to be a positive argument?

Edit: I forgot Luck - good on that guy for coming back to have the year he had, but man... is anyone here excited to see Kyler on the sideline, struggling to throw a tennis ball, hoping he'll recover?

And wtf Rosen has proven that makes you so heart broken that we traded him??
Nothing. This isn't about Rosen, so don't bring him up. Moving on from a mediocre QB to another mediocre QB isn't a positive, especially when you lose out on potentially elite defensive talent. I sure hope Andy Isabella is worth a top ten pick, with a third thrown in.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Totally the reason why the Chargers still have him as their QB! And why Miami didn't sign him. And why he is a Saints player. His injury cost his original franchise a whole bunch.

Brady had a freak ACL tear. Cam is targeted on every play as a designed runner, and isn't helping your argument. He could barely get the ball out at the end of last season, and is going to get hurt more, as he gets older. Same with Wentz... injured on a running play, and has not played a single playoff game for his team. Wentz might not even get a second contract. Is this supposed to be a positive argument?

Nothing. This isn't about Rosen, so don't bring him up. Moving on from a mediocre QB to another mediocre QB isn't a positive, especially when you lose out on potentially elite defensive talent. I sure hope Andy Isabella is worth a top ten pick, with a third thrown in.

If I remember correctly, Brees was injured after they'd drafted Rivers.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So besides that one injury how many games has Brees missed. ZERO would be the number and so might point is he knows how not to take a hit and get rid of the ball. Same with Brady and you said it yourself, it was a freak ACL tear.

Newton is targeted because he runs the ball and tries to run over people. Wentz doesn't know how to protect himself and gets hurt is the point you can't seem to grasp.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Edit: I forgot Luck - good on that guy for coming back to have the year he had, but man... is anyone here excited to see Kyler on the sideline, struggling to throw a tennis ball, hoping he'll recover?

Murray hasn’t played a down in this league to do call him mediocre when backed up with the most phenomenal college year ever for a qb is freakin assassine