2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bickley stated yesterday that Murray is the most athletic QB in the history of the NFL and I think he is right.

He was comparing him to Vick, but he is significantly better at actually throwing the ball.

Bickley going strong with the hyperbole. He was a 4.3 guy at 210. Strong, could run over DB’s and contort his body in the air. From an strictly athletic standpoint we won’t see another Mike Vick or better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bickley going strong with the hyperbole. He was a 4.3 guy at 210. Strong, could run over DB’s and contort his body in the air. From an strictly athletic standpoint we won’t see another Mike Vick or better.

It's a comparison INCLUDING arm talent. Murray is so much better as a thrower.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how some people seem to think Keim could've shopped Rosen without tipping his hand that he was planning to take Murray and move on from Rosen. :shrug:

If you shop your starting QB, everyone knows you're planning to move on from him. To an interested team, his value is propped up only by the concern that other interested teams could offer more.

I'd guess that any team with even the remotest willingness to offer a first-round pick wanted to wait and see who was on the board when their pick came up before pulling the trigger. For example, had the Giants taken Haskins, perhaps the Redskins would've pulled the trigger on a trade.

I think Keim had to wait until the draft played out for any chance to get a first-rounder, and it didn't play out well for the Cardinals, so now he needs to hope that the few teams left with any interest in a QB (Miami, SD, NE) are sufficiently interested to give up a 2nd, in order to prevent one of the others from getting him. And even now... a team like Miami might wait to see whether Lock falls to them. Or someone else they love might be on the board when their 2nd-rounder comes up, and they might forget all about Rosen.

The market just isn't there, and there's no other way Keim could've played it. This was an inevitable result of Rosen's awful rookie season and the decision to draft Murray.

...dbs

I heard that the Cardinals wanted to make sure that Murray would only be a football player. They were wanting it in the contract. If they traded Rosen before the draft, they would not have leverage to insure that it was in the contract. So I guess it was worked out.

I could not have handled another season like last year. We will be a lot more exciting this year (must say my daughter is a T Tech grad) and my wife likes Cliff! Go Cardinals!!!

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

High school I know but I get more excited the more I watch of K1. Can't wait for the season to start.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

High school I know but I get more excited the more I watch of K1. Can't wait for the season to start.

That is the first time I have seen two pass rushers lose their jockstrap while still in the pocket... one moment they are just getting a visual on him and then the next you see them they're on their ass before even moving towards him

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Vick has the GOAT arm talent but struggled with accuracy. We don’t know yet about Murray’s NFL accuracy.

Vick struggled with touch. My brother is a die hard Falcons fan and I watched a lot of games. Dude would throw a freaking rocket to a guy just five yards away, it was often hilarious.. he finally acquired the nuance (never fully) when he played for Philly but it was a long time coming for him lol

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Vick struggled with touch. My brother is a die hard Falcons fan and I watched a lot of games. Dude would throw a freaking rocket to a guy just five yards away, it was often hilarious... he finally acquired the ability when he played for Philly but it was a long time coming for him lol

I’ve been geeking out on Vick highlights since the Murray pick lol.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I’ve been geeking out on Vick highlights since the Murray pick lol.

I have been talking about Vick too. One does not realize the lightening in the bottle ability till one actually sees them play live. I saw him play the Saints once and he took off running, or at least that is what my brother and I found out with some Saint fans in back of us after the ref gave the first down signal after he ran... I swear, nobody knew what went on and then the next thing you know we see him jogging back from the sidelines and never saw the ten yards when he ran!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I was the most hyped Vick fan in existence... I remember that play where he split the defenders against Minnesota, and I managed to change my dad's long-held feelings about the QB position.

Little did I know, he was shortly going to lose a season to a useless run in the preseason, and then validate everyone's concerns by failing to succeed as a passer, along with major character concerns.

Vick was a useless player. I have nothing to say that Kyler Murray is a bad person, but I question him in relation to passion for the game, and ability to hold up against defenders. Can't wait to get proved wrong.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We should sign a vet to "compete". Whose out their?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So their hands are tied if he was to quit FB then there is nothing the Cards can do except maybe file suit to recoup Money is that what its saying?

Getting the money back shouldn't be difficult, it's the wasted 1st overall pick that would suck.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If you watch that Legendary video...Kyler says (in high school) that his dream is to play at the next level (college) and the next level (NFL).

I fully believe his dream all along was to play in the NFL but the odds were significantly stacked against him.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (Round 1, No. 1 overall)

Simply put, this Murray pick will define the Kliff Kingsbury era in Arizona. The Cardinals made a decision to move on from a quarterback whom they selected in the top 10 just a year ago and sacrificed quite a bit to do so. But they love Murray that much. It's either going to work or it won't, but Kingsbury and that coaching staff need to maximize the way they use him in the NFL for it to all pay off.

All that said, this kid is something to watch. He makes good decisions with the football, shows poise under pressure and throws accurately from different arm angles, getting the ball out quickly with good touch. And he can definitely drive the ball vertically downfield. All of this is to say nothing of his playmaking skill too. I haven't seen a quarterback prospect with this much athleticism and explosiveness since Michael Vick in 2001. He's fun to watch and he's going to fit nicely with Kingsbury's scheme and David Johnson's pass-catching abilities. I also really liked that the Cards not only added some receiving help, but also three very different receiver types: Hakeem Butler is a possession guy, Andy Isabella is a vertical slot receiver and KeeSean Johnson is a big target downfield. The No. 32 scoring offense of 2018 could suddenly be something special.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/i...alue-picks-all-32-teams-todd-mcshay-favorites

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dov Kleiman‏Verified account @NFL_DovKleiman 46m46 minutes ago
Dov Kleiman Retweeted Joel Corry

If the #Cardinals want to protect themselves in case for whatever reason Kyler Murray struggles in the NFL and wants to go back to baseball, they legally can't.

True. They can recoup the remaining pro-rated bonus, retain his rights, but they can't prevent him from pursuing a baseball career if he voluntary retires from the NFL. At best, they could include an addendum, which addresses his commitment to football for the length of the contract, however, as said, this is not enforceable in law.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True. They can recoup the remaining pro-rated bonus, retain his rights, but they can't prevent him from pursuing a baseball career if he voluntary retires from the NFL. At best, they could include an addendum, which addresses his commitment to football for the length of the contract, however, as said, this is not enforceable in law.

Isnt a problem after all what he would do in case he fails, playing soccer, staying home or playing baseball

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm 5'-10, 175 and I have a buddy who is a biscuit shy of 350. I can't imagine putting on just 25 lbs and having him fall on me. Yikes! Course I'm not 20 years old and strong like bull either, but still.. .

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I'm 5'-10, 175 and I have a buddy who is a biscuit shy of 350. I can't imagine putting on just 25 lbs and having him fall on me. Yikes! Course I'm not 20 years old and strong like bull either, but still.. .
he is 6/7 lb lighter then wilson or rodgers, he has a compact frame

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The rules change so defenders cant put all their weight on the qb when going down. Murray will be slippery like soap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave