2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BullheadCardFan, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Van Hagar... cringe

We be "Running With The Devil" now

van-halen-logo-l.jpg

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Amen, Dave. Thank his someone else gets this. Thankfully it’s the smartest guy on this board (and if you don’t think Daves is the smartest guy on this board it’s bc you don’t know him - he’s the only thing standing between all of us and Skynet).

Cardiac and daves like this.
  3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Well Budda doesn’t seem upset.

Chris_Sanders, dscher and daves like this.
  4. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

Thanks Ouchie! I dunno about smartest on the board - but i try to be the voice of reason. Seems as though tribalism and "certainty" about a situation that's inherently filled with uncertainty have taken over... much as they seem to be doing in other aspects of life. You're one of the few here who had what i thought was a rational outlook before today, and now.

...dave

Cardiac and dscher like this.
  5. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

You're a moron. Dave is skynet.

b8rtm8nn, dscher and daves like this.
  6. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Lol.

I've quit buying jerseys. Tonight I wore my boldin super bowl jersey. Usually I just buy team shirts now so they don't become obsolete

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Goldfield and Matt L like this.
  7. RON_IN_OC

RON_IN_OC https://www.ronevansrealty.com

Wait, is that the same Right Now that Keim used on Rosen being the QB?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn and BW52 like this.
  8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Oh god . . . I never considered Dave might be a cyborg . . . It all makes sense now . . .

daves likes this.
  9. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

:biglaugh:

10. moklerman

moklerman Rise from the Ashes III

1. No one knows what Keim has been doing. Didn't they just say they hadn't made a decision up until a couple of days ago?
    2. Every team that's taken a QB could have traded for Rosen but we don't know what the Cardinals were demanding in return. So, we don't really know that they could have traded for him.
    3. Whatever Rosen goes for, if traded, does not mean that is what a team thought he was worth. It means that is what they thought they could get him for.

11. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

how could you not?! Dave hasn't aged a freaking day in the 15 years I've known him and STILL looks AT LEAST ten years younger than he actually is.

dscher likes this.
  12. Dante

Dante Registered

I would have preferred to stay the course with Rosen but I am an AZ Cardinals fan first so I will support Murray as my franchise QB. I really hope that Murray proves all his doubters wrong and leads us to the promised land. I don't envy his position one bit because he is going to have the weight of the world on his shoulders and will be doing so for the worst team in the NFL with an exciting but questionable rookie HC. That said, I'm cautiously optimistic and I look forward to seeing how this plays out. We better get him some weapons and OL help in this draft, no excuses.

On the Rosen side of things, this is difficult and depressing. I know this is a business and that he's been paid but at the end of the day, Josh is a human being just like me or anyone else here. So I feel for him and he definitely deserved better than being set up to fail and then made into an after thought after only one season. I admire his professionalism on this matter, his toughness that he showed despite all the beatings he endured and his competitive spirit throughout this past year. So I hope that we trade him ASAP and don't try to drag on this situation any further than it needs to be. It is already a toxic situation and we need to move past this quickly not only for Josh's sake but for Kyler's as well. We cannot go into next season with a divided locker room and the circus that comes with that.

13. JosiahLee

JosiahLee Registered

I respect Keim for having the balls to follow his conviction...Don’t know that he was this brave even a year ago. He’s finally playing to win the game instead of playing to not lose.

POISON and Praxis like this.
  14. daves

The contention by many is that Keim could've got more for Rosen before the draft, but NOW his value is plummeting.

1. If Keim hadn't decided to pick Murray until a right before the pick was made, how could he have offered Rosen in trade before the draft? Whenever the decision was made, how do any of us know he didn't try to trade him before today? Frankly, the idea that he didn't is preposterous.

2. You can't simultaneously criticize Keim for holding out for more than teams were offering - then criticize him for not getting enough for him. It seems beyond obvious at this point that no team was willing to give up a 1st round pick. It made sense to see how the draft fell and whether any team would increase its offer during the draft, based on desired players being taken when their picks came up. Obviously that didn't happen. If Keim was holding out for a 1st and didn't get it... well, here we are at the top of the 2nd, and if he was offered a 2nd, he may still get a 2nd. If he was offered a 3rd, he can hold out hope that a team will decide to pony up a 2nd tomorrow. If not... at no point in this process is Keim getting less for Rosen than he would have had he "tried harder" to trade him before today.

3. This goes without saying for every trade. It was true before today, and it will be true tomorrow, and for the rest of time. The only hope of getting more was for a team to get panicky after seeing a desired prospect go off the board. That didn't happen, so they will get for Rosen what teams think they can get him for.

Criticize Keim all you want for picking Rosen last year (even though those who are most critical are the ones who have been singing Rosen's praises all along). Criticize him if you think Murray was a terrible pick. But it makes no sense to criticize him for squandering Rosen's value. Rosen did that on the field last season.

...dbs

Cardiac likes this.
  15. daves

Wow, it's a real Dave fest here today! :thewave: While everything you and your brother have said here today is true, we should all recall that you and your bro have also called me an idiot and incredibly dumb! :biglaugh: :cheers:

...dave

b8rtm8nn likes this.