2018-19 Season | Point Guard Discussion

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always liked Ulis. He is not a starter but he could help run this team. He is averaging 7 points, 4 assists and only 1.5 TOV for his career.

Defense is a weakness but he could fill-in when needed. He appears better than Evans who is on a two-way contract.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I've always liked Ulis. He is not a starter but he could help run this team. He is averaging 7 points, 4 assists and only 1.5 TOV for his career.

Defense is a weakness but he could fill-in when needed. He appears better than Evans who is on a two-way contract.
Not worth the potential of having to deal with dumping him again. There was already some drama with Booker the first time we cut him and I think what he would bring to our current team would not be enough to risk dealing with that again.

Also like others have said he would be terrible in our switch heavy defense. Teams would simply switch him onto a mismatch over and over again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not worth the potential of having to deal with dumping him again. There was already some drama with Booker the first time we cut him and I think what he would bring to our current team would not be enough to risk dealing with that again.

Also like others have said he would be terrible in our switch heavy defense. Teams would simply switch him onto a mismatch over and over again.

What if I told you Ulis has grown four inches. :D

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry. Its in poor taste to make fun of short people. I will delete it.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mavericks-exploring-trading-dennis-000002600.html
Not sure if Smith Jr. is to much like Bledsoe but I would trade a lot a assets to get him.

I wouldn't trade a thing for him. Couldn't stand his game in college and can't stand his game in the NBA. He's flashy but I don't believe you can win in the NBA with this guy eating minutes. His ceiling might be Bledsoe but he's far more of a ball hog than Eric ever was and he's every bit the turnover machine that Bledsoe was. Plus there's the knee history to worry over too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Dallas wants to trade Smith this early in his career it tells me all I need to know. No thanks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Dallas wants to trade Smith this early in his career it tells me all I need to know. No thanks.

I suspect they want to keep the ball in Doncic's hands most of the time and would rather pair him with someone that can catch and shoot plus defend his position neither of which is a strength for Smith. And since we'd like someone that can do those things plus play-make efficiently, he's a poor choice for us IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect they want to keep the ball in Doncic's hands most of the time and would rather pair him with someone that can catch and shoot plus defend his position neither of which is a strength for Smith. And since we'd like someone that can do those things plus play-make efficiently, he's a poor choice for us IMO.

This may be the case but I don't get Dallas moving him this early in his career.

For a rebuilding team (which is where I think Dallas is) they should be more worried about adding talent rather than trading it so it raises red flags for me.

We agree the Suns do not need another player in the Bledsoe mold.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

I'm curious what Bledsoe gets paid this summer and whether the Bucks keep him. He is probably still a $15 million a year player... nowhere near the max player he wanted to be.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

I'm curious what Bledsoe gets paid this summer and whether the Bucks keep him. He is probably still a $15 million a year player... nowhere near the max player he wanted to be.

He's the 2nd best player on the team with the 2nd best record in the league so I have to think they are going to try and keep him. But if (IF) Giannis wants him, Rich Paul might think he has them over a barrel so who knows?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the 2nd best player on the team with the 2nd best record in the league so I have to think they are going to try and keep him. But if (IF) Giannis wants him, Rich Paul might think he has them over a barrel so who knows?

Better them than us.

Hopefully his contract demands are what he wanted in Phoenix. Max him out!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he gets max dollars I'd rather it be from a franchise such as the Lakers. Not that it will happen.

You have excellent taste. It would be nice to see Lakers tie up some of their dollars with a big contract for Bledsoe.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

I hope you and yours had a great Christmas. I'm sitting back listening to Christmas music having coffee and cookies.

And of course good conversation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to my kids watch a Christmas movie -- Arnold doing something. I am having a blast smoking the prime rib.

Awesome. This is the way Christmas should be. It's great that you have the family around you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison