2018/19 Hot Stove League

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think teams like PHI are as eager to spend as most experts have indicated they are. It has been all quite on the Harper & Machado fronts as PHI is probably realizing just how much they would need to spend to get just one of them.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That's a big deal for an oft-injured player
And one who's had just one half season of being a difference maker in the batting order. Then dropped back to a great fielder / C-plus...B-minus hitter.

Thanks to Pollock for being "The Man" when Goldy wasn't, but that was short lived. Luckily, Goldy came back and Peralta stepped up all season.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kiley McDaniel‏@kileymcd 4m4 minutes ago
Sources: Mets are motivated to trade Noah Syndergaard with GM Brodie Van Wagenen initiating talks w/multiple clubs. Expectation is he will be traded this winter, FA SP will be signed to fill his spot. deGrom is off limits w/NYM hoping for extension. BVW used to be agent for both.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jon Morosi‏Verified account@jonmorosi 3h3 hours ago
Sources: #Dodgers and #Indians trade talks remain ongoing this week, as @Ken_Rosenthal first reported. If a deal is reached, a Cleveland starter — Kluber, Carrasco or Bauer — likely would go to L.A. @MLBNetwork @MLB
I saw a writer on Fansided (yes, I understand they are no better than us internet GM's) propose ARZ trade Peralta for Carrasco. If we are re-building that wouldn't be a bad deal but I doubt CLE trades Carrasco for Peralta straight up.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I consider it a foregone conclusion that Patrick will sign with his hometown team, the Yankees.

He wants them. They want him.

On the other hand, who knows where Pollock will wind up? Considering that he is nowhere near as dominant in his position as Corbin is in his.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I consider it a foregone conclusion that Patrick will sign with his hometown team, the Yankees.

He wants them. They want him.

On the other hand, who knows where Pollock will wind up? Considering that he is nowhere near as dominant in his position as Corbin is in his.
He's probably getting NYY to offer the most money, PHI & WAS are tools to drive the price up but he will be a Yankee.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

There is cash in Cano/Diaz deal coming to Mets. Pieces appear to be in place and trade expected to be finalized soon, presuming approvals (Cano and commish) and medicals are approved. Cano, Diaz, $ to mets, Bruce. Swarzak, Kelenic, Dunn, possibly 1 more prospect to Mariners.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave