2017 1st round pick is Haason Reddick

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're absolutely right Jeff... I don't know. What I do know is that he's exactly the same man who was an All Pro ILB three seasons ago. That ability doesn't just disappear. He was blessed with the talent and athleticism to play the game at a high level.

Now if he were 35, then I would expect him to slow down significantly, but not at 30. Not to mention, no tackling or physical wear and tear of late. With some off-season work, he'll be right back at it IMHO!
That assumes that he maintained the same conditioning regimen that he did when he was a full-time player. (Sometimes when you lose muscle tone or memory, you don't get it back so easily). It also assumes that he has (or can) keep current on the latest complex defensive innovations.

Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know.

supercards

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So not an all pro. 2nd team is first loser.

2nd team all pro behind Willis and Bowman is more impressive than what most LBs have done. Plus he didn't play with all pro's everywhere on the defense or play in a huge media market like those guys did.

Dude shut down Cam Newton despite being out of shape after a four game suspension. Imagine a fit Dwash with an entire off season to prepare.

You must be registered for see images

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2nd team all pro behind Willis and Bowman is more impressive than what most LBs have done. Plus he didn't play with all pro's everywhere on the defense or play in a huge media market like those guys did.

Dude shut down Cam Newton despite being out of shape after a four game suspension. Imagine a fit Dwash with an entire off season to prepare.

I just trying to figure out if there is a linebacker in the league able to chase and tackle cam newton in that way

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why do people think Washington has forgotten how to play football? The only thing that'll keep him off the field is if he relapses.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do people think Washington has forgotten how to play football? The only thing that'll keep him off the field is if he relapses.

CBus, I hope you're right. DWeed was such an integral part of our D. He was peaking & was positioned to be an absolute monster, if he wasn't already. How stinking unlucky is this franchise that it all played out the way it did. If his head is right (questionable), his legs will be fresh & he may be a force to be reckoned with.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just trying to figure out if there is a linebacker in the league able to chase and tackle cam newton in that way
Question must be extended to include: "Is DWash still able to do that?" Or will the length of his suspension rob him of his quicks, instincts, reflexes and want-to? Can he (does he sincerely want to) become a solid citizen?

It will be up to members of the Cardinal staff to figure this out (not an easy mission). Frankly, If it were my time, energy and money, I'd view this as a distraction & inclined to take a pass. (Let some other team roll the dice).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Question must be extended to include: "Is DWash still able to do that?" Or will the length of his suspension rob him of his quicks, instincts, reflexes and want-to? Can he (does he sincerely want to) become a solid citizen?

It will be up to members of the Cardinal staff to figure this out (not an easy mission). Frankly, If it were my time, energy and money, I'd view this as a distraction & inclined to take a pass. (Let some other team roll the dice).
Ba quote
No risky no biscuits

Reaction score

Daryl, what are the odds of BASK letting you back on the team? When is your meeting with them? ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He wasn't Dansby; he was never that instinctive as a player. What instincts he did have certainly eroded after three years away from the game, just as they did after his four game suspension.

So, if Washington's physical abilities have eroded much after four years away from the game, he's basically just another guy, and not worth the headache of his roster spot.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
My favorite signing of the off-season: Haason Reddick.

Ronin, you are awesome, my friend! Because of you, it's like having the NFL waiver and transaction wire right on our own board. Seriously, man, this is a labor of love on your part, for which we are all the more informed and up to the minute.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronin, you are awesome, my friend! Because of you, it's like having the NFL waiver and transaction wire right on our own board. Seriously, man, this is a labor of love on your part, for which we are all the more informed and up to the minute.

I know right.

I think Ronin is faster than Twitter. At least he is faster than I can look it up on Twitter. LOL

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite signing of the off-season: Haason Reddick.

It is no problem.
I am glad to keep you and the rest of the board updated.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard