2017 1st round pick is Haason Reddick

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This kid played safety in HS and D-Line in college. Somehow I think ILB should not be a problem.

And Dansby went to college as a TE after having played WR and DB in HS so if anybody is the right tutor for Reddick, it would be Karlos.

Hopefully he doesn't teach him that you keep changing teams too, I get it's a business but I wonder if Dansby had just stayed put in Arizona how things would have gone.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the Cards D had (iirc) "the Joker" set -- where on passing downs it was Golden, Jones and Okafor with just Calais as the D lineman in the game

doesnt Reddick slot into that Joker set right away?

and how often is that on the field? You cant spend 1st rounders on special package guys who only play 25% of snaps

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree, thats a very cliche way of looking at it.

He plays X position, and all X positions or similar-to-X positions are all filled.

Thats like saying you can never have too many QBs. Yes you can, because only 1 is on the field at any one time, your 9 backup QBs are irrelevant.
Why are you always this damn dense?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

He plays X position, and all X positions or similar-to-X positions are all filled.

Thats like saying you can never have too many QBs. Yes you can, because only 1 is on the field at any one time, your 9 backup QBs are irrelevant.
in the nickle Chandler Jones will move inside to DE and Reddick will play OLB

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, its not like saying that at all.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"You can never have too many of X player".

I give a perfect example where you can have too many of X player, and you still argue.

Its easy to call me superior when I am.

in the nickle Chandler Jones will move inside to DE and Reddick will play OLB

How often is that package on the field?

As i said above, you cant draft part-time players in the 1st round

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You can never have too many of X player".

I give a perfect example where you can have too many of X player, and you still argue.

Its easy to call me superior when I am.

How often is that package on the field?

As i said above, you cant draft part-time players in the 1st round

No one said you can never have to many of X player but you. He said you can never have too many pass rushers, which is true.

The nickle package is on the field about 60%+ of the time. It is our primary package.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Plus we lost Okafor & don't know what Jarvis Jones will bring to the table.

I can also see them sliding Bucannon to safety in some packages & have Reddick at ILB. It seemed like we had 3 safeties on the field often last year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Foster almost fell out of rd 1 because of many red flags.

Howard was a top ten talent that fell to 19 when every single offensive difference maker was drafted early. Maybe Howard isn't all that?

Hooker isn't the super clean player that many of us thought he was. I spent most of the first round posting that I wanted Hooker so yes it was a gut punch that we passed on him but I also like Reddick and there are a ton of DB's in this draft.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Fwiw, scout friend likes Reddick but thought he came off the board early.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking Hooker as well. However when the Colts took him and they started showing his wild angles and missed tackles that he has had, I can see why the Cardinals went with a pass rusher instead.
Was it just me or did it seem as though ESPN showed a lot of "lowlights" on some of the top picks? They "highlighted" Trubisky's terrible accuracy on deep passes, showed him throwing a pick-6, etc. I thought it was weird that they seemed to be focusing on the negative more than the positive for these two and a couple others.

...dave

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it just me or did it seem as though ESPN showed a lot of "lowlights" on some of the top picks? They "highlighted" Trubisky's terrible accuracy on deep passes, showed him throwing a pick-6, etc. I thought it was weird that they seemed to be focusing on the negative more than the positive for these two and a couple others.

...dave
saw that too

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, after reading this thread I bet Reddick is going to be a stud of epic proportions.