2016 Rio Olympics

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unreal. Seemed like they were not on the same page the entire game.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Biggest upset ever in Olympics women's soccer. Possibly one of the biggest Olympic soccer upsets period.

I had a bad feeling in the first half. Pre game there was a lot of comments about a showdown with Brazil, and if you watched the USA coach she never got off the bench in the first half it was like the whole team thought it was a walk in the park...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Btw that USA Brazil men's volleyball game last night was so much fun to watch. I love volleyball

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would be nice if Cousins could stay out of foul trouble and if Klay Thompson could snap out of this funk he is in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
USA basketball team narrowly beats Serbia. I'm starting to get worried about this team.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, she isn't the most classy person around, a poor representation of our national team.
One of the unfortunate things is that this could be her last major tournament. Her own doing of course, but that's a rough final impression.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How about Dirado beating out the Iron Lady from Hungry. What a race that was!

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michelle Carter became the first American ever to win the Women's Shot Put, setting an American Record (67' 8") on her last throw to claim the title.

Her father, Michael Carter, is the only person ever to win an Olympic Medal and a Super Bowl ring in the same season - he was a silver medalist in shot put in 1984, then drafted by the 49er's and won a ring that season.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Americans finally getting into the mix in golf. Meanwhile, Usain Bolt jogs fast lol

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Germany soccer team putting on a clinic against Portugal.4-0

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"I also think we played a bunch of cowards. But, you know, the best team did not win today; I strongly, firmly believe that. I think you saw America's heart. You saw us give everything that we had today. Unfortunately the better team didn't win."
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...olympics-holo-solo-says-us-lost-bunch-cowards
:-?

Yeah that whole interview was just classless sour grapes. Hope just can't keep her mouth under control. You know, like when cops had to wrestle her to the ground after she tussled with her nephew and then she verbally assaulted and insulted the officers afterwards, challenging them to fight her, insulting their families and their manhood and their incomes... Apparently the anger management Hope had to take after her DV incident didn't help. Can you say Roid Rage?

Get some help hope.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bolt looks unbeatable as always. Literally jogged into the semis. lol

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Kuchar gets the men's golf Bronze. Rose(gold) & Stenson (silver) went down to the 72nd hole.

BTW, Matt Kuchar, spokesperson for Skechers, wearing gaudy day glo yellow Nike shoes at medal presentation.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan Lochte And 3 Other U.S. Swimmers Robbed At Gunpoint In Rio

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetorc...-other-u-s-swimmers-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-rio

Ryan Lochte and three other U.S. swimmers were robbed by thieves who put a cocked gun to Lochte's head in Rio early Sunday morning, the U.S. swimmer told NBC.

Lochte and his friends were in a taxi, going to visit a Brazilian swimmer, when the robbers stopped them.

"We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over," Lochte told NBC. "They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn't do anything wrong, so — I'm not getting down on the ground.

Lochte, who's known for his laid-back, nonchalant attitude, added:

"And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, 'Get down,' and I put my hands up, I was like 'Whatever.' He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials."

Patrick Sandusky, a spokesman for the U.S. Olympic Committee said in a statement that in addition to Lochte, three other swimmers were robbed, Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen.

"Their taxi was stopped by individuals posing as armed police officers who demanded the athletes' money and other personal belongings. All four athletes are safe and cooperating with authorities," the statement said.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First wieght lifter to get a medal in quite some time! Such an impressive lift!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard