2015 NBA Draft Thread

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leuer seems to be an upgrade over Barron, Randolph, and Alec Brown. He's a decent back-up big that is good enough to make the team and play which is more than you can hope for when drafting in the middle of the 2nd round.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some teams just know how to get better and Portland is one of them. Getting Mason Plumlee was a steal. Pat Connaughton was a target for the Suns in the draft and Noah Vonleh is a young talent.

And the Suns get Jon Leuer. I hope the Suns have an ace or two they haven't played but I'm not holding my breath.

Yea I'm shocked that Mason Plumlee cost so little. He was untouchable at one point for the Nets in the last 2 years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Karl-Anthony Towns was born on November 15, 1995. Kevin Garnett made his debut with the Timberwolves on November 3, 1995. They are now teammates.
WOW, I feel old.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if something bad came out last minute to cause Wood to go undrafted. Kid was slated for late first round and got snubbed in Round 2 where he was a better value than most of the guys taken.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leuer seems to be an upgrade over Barron, Randolph, and Alec Brown. He's a decent back-up big that is good enough to make the team and play which is more than you can hope for when drafting in the middle of the 2nd round.

I agree, Leuer is an upgrade over Barron, Randolph and Brown but this speaks more to the Suns lack of depth upfront.

Leuer is only supposed to get paid $1,035,000 for this upcoming season but I think he will play better than his salary indicates.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if something bad came out last minute to cause Wood to go undrafted. Kid was slated for late first round and got snubbed in Round 2 where he was a better value than most of the guys taken.

I'm thinking the scouts watched his best game last year again and decided Brandon Ashley wasn't nearly as good as we thought he was at that time so we might have Wood overrated?

:D

At that time both kids were projected early 2nd round to borderline first round. Wood outplayed Ashley and his stock went up and Ashley's went down. then on draft day neither kid gets drafted. We know why Looney fell, asthma and the hip, I think people realized Ashley is a tweener, with Wood my guess is something else because he's bigger than either one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it hasn't already been reported, the Celtics reportedly were willing to trade 6 draft picks to the Hornets for the #9 pick. Wow. The Celtics are said to have wanted Justise Winslow.

See article written By Ananth Pandian, NBA writer, in an article dated June 26, 2015 1:35 pm ET at CBS Sports.

Report: Celtics wanted to trade 6 picks for Hornets' No. 9 pick
By Ananth Pandian | NBA writer
June 26, 2015 1:35 pm ET

The Boston Celtics were rumored to be making a deal to move up in yesterday's draft but nothing actually came to pass and the Celtics selected Terry Rozier and R.J. Hunter in the first round. Justise Winslow was the player the Celtics wanted in the draft but he was selected with the No. 10 pick by the Miami Heat.

According to ESPN's Chris Forsberg, the Celtics were so high on Winslow that they tried to trade six draft picks to the Charlotte Hornets for their No. 9 pick.

The Celtics made a strong final push to multiple teams in spots 4-9 on draft day. It culminated with an all-in effort in attempt to get Charlotte to deliver the No. 9 pick with Boston lusting for Duke forward Justise Winslow (the same player they coveted while trying to shuffle higher).

According to sources, the Celtics' final offer to the Hornets was a package that could have featured as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-round selections (a combination of picks from this draft and in the future). But the Hornets could not be swayed and turned down multiple offers to select Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.

Meeting with reporters in the aftermath of the draft, Ainge hinted at his team's dogged pursuit. "Maybe we were going too hard at it," he said. "There was a time when I thought, ‘Woah, this is getting a little out of control.' We're putting a lot of eggs in one young player's basket. So I'm not frustrated. In the long run, maybe it'll be the best."

No wonder the Suns couldn't get to #9.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...wanted-to-trade-6-picks-for-hornets-no-9-pick

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone look at Minny's center rotation lately? Towns/Dieng/Pek. Yikes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone look at Minny's center rotation lately? Towns/Dieng/Pek. Yikes.

On paper the Timberwolves are a playoff team. I think Tyrus Jones helps to stabilize the Wolves at PG. If this team comes together, the Suns will have traded away a first round pick. I think this is the case if the Wolves make the playoffs this coming season.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On paper the Timberwolves are a playoff team. I think Tyrus Jones helps to stabilize the Wolves at PG. If this team comes together, the Suns will have traded away a first round pick. I think this is the case if the Wolves make the playoffs this coming season.

I don't know how you are penciling Minnesota into the playoffs in the West. They have great young talent, but not many teams comprised of 1st and 2nd year guys make the playoffs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I do think the Suns plan on keeping Wright around. They would not have traded that pick if they did not. The exception would be if the found a free agent that they really liked more, they have the flexibility to not use his salary.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL they Lakers seriously drafted this kid in the FIRST round? Did they forget that Kobe is only gonna retire AFTER next season?

You must be registered for see images attach

:biglaugh:

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did the Suns sign any good UDFA big men? Christian Wood anyone?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you are penciling Minnesota into the playoffs in the West. They have great young talent, but not many teams comprised of 1st and 2nd year guys make the playoffs.

Certainly this is a huge reach, likely an exaggeration, but the Wolves are loaded with some of the best talent in the NBA. I have not been a huge fan of Rubio but I think Tyrus Jones gives them a needed push at PG.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the Suns sign any good UDFA big men? Christian Wood anyone?

Patric Young and Josh Harrellson would have to suffice until free agency starts at 9 p.m. Tuesday night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard