2015 MLB Playoffs

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Cubs will be the new Red Sox:

Historically popular, but inept and unsuccessful team.
Large market and abilty to spend money.
Finally gets ahead of the game with their FO
Becomes successful finally winning world series
Obnoxious fans tolerated because of teams historical ineptitude.
Multiple WS wins makes tolerance of obnoxious fans dwindle.

Yep... Theo broke the Curse of the Babe w/ the Sox. And he could now top that with a world championship with the Cubbies..

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the first time in a several years that I'm really interested in both series. Last couple years I checked out after the divisional round, not really caring to see any of the remaining teams hoist the trophy.

Should be a lot of fun. Cubs/Mets obviously have story lines galore, and then the Jays and Royals despise each other, every slight could get the benches empty, Toronto fans are trying to be the new Philly.

Should be fun.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
OK. I gave in and watched the Mets beat the Cubs. Murphy at 2B is really some player. I lived in New Jersey until 1978 and was a strong Mets fan 'til I moved to Phoenix.

Let's go, Mets. I like the sign in the stands at Citi Field honoring Tug McGraw, "Ya gotta believe." (Yes, he was C&W singer Tim McGraw's father.)

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the game I couldn't help but notice Montero was really bad at framing the pitches. I don't remember the stats on him, but I remember they said he was at the extreme of good or bad at this skill. E looked horrible last night though. Cost his pitchers a few strikes IMO that d'Arnaud was getting his pitchers.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too early to congratulate the mets? 6-0 top of the second inning

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Too early to congratulate the mets? 6-0 top of the second inning

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Mets 1B Lucas Duda has been a dud so far. The announcers said when announcing the batting orders that he had been working on his swing and looked good in batting practice.

I'll say! A 3-run HR in the 1st and a 2-run double in the 2nd. Both with two outs.

The prediction in Back To The Future II that the Cubs would win the World Series in 2015 ain't gonna happen.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the game I couldn't help but notice Montero was really bad at framing the pitches. I don't remember the stats on him, but I remember they said he was at the extreme of good or bad at this skill. E looked horrible last night though. Cost his pitchers a few strikes IMO that d'Arnaud was getting his pitchers.

FWIW, I worked out with a coach from the Hops over the summer and he said the biggest reason he was shipped out was that and how he handled the staff. TL did not think highly of his catching skills at all and his hitting could not justify him being a #1 catcher on a team making that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard