2014 Mock Draft

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech. If he fell that far, Id like him in the 5th over Charles Lynch. I just dont he'll make it that far. Hes one of those "Vance Mcdonald" types. Very quiet but big big upside.

That evaluation is brutally off the mark. Sefarian is the glamor choice while Amaro is the under the national radar guy. He is a young Tony Gonzales with speed. He can play out of the slot at 6'5" 265 lbs. Very good blocker. Soft hands. Tremendous athlete.

Last edited:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Big fan of Tahj Boyd. What does SF and Sea have in common? An athletic QB, a strong run game and a dominant D. Well, we already have a good D, your draft solidifies our D, and gets us that athletic QB. Great place to start

South Carolina crushed Arkansas this week scoring over 50 points. I do not recall their QB's name but he looked awesome. Very mobile with a strong accurate arm. I think their team should be ranked around #10 today and this QB will likely be an NFL QB whenever he comes out. He seems to be a guy to keep an eye on for a future QB.

I also watched some of the Buffalo game. They brought up a QB from the practice squad I had never heard of and you can bet he will start next week. He really looked like a starting NFL QB and was sitting on the practice squad.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the soccer player turned footballer doing these days?

Half a sack in 4 games and he is not playing tonight. Him and Dion Jordon are having equally craptastic season. I am on my way to winning that bet BTW.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half a sack in 4 games and he is not playing tonight. Him and Dion Jordon are having equally craptastic season. I am on my way to winning that bet BTW.
What bet? I hear Jordan is playing just fine when he can get on the field, the Dolphins are just deep on the DL.

I totally forgot about any bet in this instance.

Cool...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bet? I hear Jordan is playing just fine when he can get on the field, the Dolphins are just deep on the DL.

I totally forgot about any bet in this instance.

Cool...

We made a sig bet on Jordan. I said he was not a first round player and was going to be a bust at #3 and you said thought he would not be a bust and we would judge it after one season.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We made a sig bet on Jordan. I said he was not a first round player and was going to be a bust at #3 and you said thought he would not be a bust and we would judge it after one season.
Jordan in the lead with 1 sack.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
South Carolina crushed Arkansas this week scoring over 50 points. I do not recall their QB's name but he looked awesome. Very mobile with a strong accurate arm. I think their team should be ranked around #10 today and this QB will likely be an NFL QB whenever he comes out. He seems to be a guy to keep an eye on for a future QB.

I also watched some of the Buffalo game. They brought up a QB from the practice squad I had never heard of and you can bet he will start next week. He really looked like a starting NFL QB and was sitting on the practice squad.

Connor Shaw. One thing holding Shaw back is Spurrier's antiquated offensive system. Stone age. Shaw could be the ultimate read/option college QB.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which makes the Dolphins selection even more bewildering. And I will never be convinced that Jordan was BPA at #3.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a very deep QB class. If we don't get one of the top two guys I might go Franchise LT if there is one and grab the QB in R2.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Which makes the Dolphins selection even more bewildering. And I will never be convinced that Jordan was BPA at #3.
It's looking like a pretty weak draft. I'll never be convinced that Eric Fisher was BPA at #1 either. Of course, that should tell you how weak a draft that class was. Fisher at 1, Johnson at 4, and Austin at 7/8 are guys that probably don't crack the top 20 in a good year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like Mannion, but he could be the next Oregon St. Derek Anderson. Mike Riley does not have a good record for producing NFL QBs.

Derek Anderson is a great pick if you get him in the third round and realize what he is. If we get a career backup in the third round, I think it would be a great pick, and if he turns into something more, even better. My point on Mannion is that he wasn't even on the radar before this season but has improved every year and plays against better talent almost every week. He is someone worth watching.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That evaluation is brutally off the mark. Sefarian is the glamor choice while Amaro is the under the national radar guy. He is a young Tony Gonzales with speed. He can play out of the slot at 6'5" 265 lbs. Very good blocker. Soft hands. Tremendous athlete.

Really big fan of Amaro right now, especially when I see the number of snaps Housler gets per game.

We have so many needs right now it makes it tough to really determine where to go in the draft early. QB, LT, TE, OLB are all huge needs at this point but only have 3 picks in the top 96 to fill those voids.

Redcoyote

Rookie
Reaction score
I like the idea of going LT in the first round and then grabbing Boyd in the second round. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of taking Boyd in the first round.

Kyle Fuller- not sure how good he is but shutting down Amari Cooper shouldn't be what he hangs his hat on. Cooper hasn't done anything this year.

Gary Nova in the 7th? Please no. I'd much rather take a Carr or Fales.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depending on who has the pick say its NY and there not looking for a QB. I say we trade our entire draft for Bridgewater. I'm a believer in him and if draft time comes around and hes the guy I say we pull the trigger. Remember we get Cooper back next year so its like we get an extra first rounder plus Okafor will be back and hopefully Minter will be 100%.

Redcoyote

Rookie
Reaction score
How many teams do we see needing a QB? I see Jacksonville and Cleveland and Cleveland may have a later pick than us. Outside of those two there are a few that could look at a QB like Tampa is Glennon shows no promise or Minnesota if none of their QBs work out. The other teams out there may take one if a guy they really like falls to them but I don't necessarily see them going out of their way. Teams like would be St. Louis, Houston, Kansas City.

So worst case is something like Jacksonville, Tampa and Minnesota grabbing the three best QBs? Assuming that is the case which QBs are still left? And are we looking at 1st or 2nd round (or later) value at that point?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
How many teams do we see needing a QB? I see Jacksonville and Cleveland and Cleveland may have a later pick than us. Outside of those two there are a few that could look at a QB like Tampa is Glennon shows no promise or Minnesota if none of their QBs work out. The other teams out there may take one if a guy they really like falls to them but I don't necessarily see them going out of their way. Teams like would be St. Louis, Houston, Kansas City.

So worst case is something like Jacksonville, Tampa and Minnesota grabbing the three best QBs? Assuming that is the case which QBs are still left? And are we looking at 1st or 2nd round (or later) value at that point?
There will always be a couple more teams that want/need QB's. I don't think the Jets are sold on Geno. Cincy is wait and see with Dalton. I think Cutler is a free agent after this year in Chicago. Oakland can't be ready to stand pat with Pryor. KC may look at a QBOF. Locker can't stay healthy in Tennessee. Even SD may for River's replacement as I think he's UFA after next year.

Obvioulsy, all these teams won't take QB's but I would imagine a couple will. Alot will depend on draft position.

My mock right now would be:
1- Kouandjio-LT
2- Derek Carr-QB
3- Adrian Hubbard-OLB
4- CJ Fedorowicz-TE

That may be abit of a pipe dream though.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
There will always be a couple more teams that want/need QB's. I don't think the Jets are sold on Geno. Cincy is wait and see with Dalton. I think Cutler is a free agent after this year in Chicago. Oakland can't be ready to stand pat with Pryor. KC may look at a QBOF. Locker can't stay healthy in Tennessee. Even SD may for River's replacement as I think he's UFA after next year.

Obvioulsy, all these teams won't take QB's but I would imagine a couple will. Alot will depend on draft position.

My mock right now would be:
1- Kouandjio-LT
2- Derek Carr-QB
3- Adrian Hubbard-OLB
4- CJ Fedorowicz-TE

That may be abit of a pipe dream though.

I think Kouandjio will be gone. Here is mine:

1 Khalil Mack

2- Zack Mettenberger

3- Colt Lyeria

4- Domonique Easley- Florida DT