2013 Cardinals Season Preview

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Rugby, speaking of New Jersey, me and a Giants fan (there are a lot of those up here in the Northeast) buddy of mine are going to the Giants-Broncos Manning Bowl week 2. Are you anywhere near the stadium?

Thanks for the invite, but I live in south jersey, down in the pine barrens.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rugby, a great, great preview. I'll only write about the points I disagree with, because there aren't many:
1. Ryan Lindley-Last year he was thrown to the wolves, looooooooong before he was ready. And when you compare the Jets game to last week's Bronco game, he's come a looooooooooooong way baby. I don't know if he'll ever be a starting NFL QB, but he's made major strides. Is that due to better coaching? Maybe, but he is better this year.
2. Bobby Massie-Has to run block better, you say and you're probably correct. However, our running game looks MUCH improved, at least in the PS. Seems, to me, he is moving forward as an OL-man.
3. On ST you cover our return men, but omit, imo, one of our strongest units, kick coverage guys. What do you think of them?

Again, thanks for your efforts.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not into predicting wins and losses. What I will say, is that this team will be fun to watch.

I am of the opinion that regardless of the wins or losses incurred, there will be much great play-making produced by this roster. There will also be a lot of big plays given up because of the 'swing for the fence' mentality of the HC, and especially the rookies on this roster. Mistakes will be made, (but they will be mistakes of aggression for the most part).

I will predict that Cardinal's football will be fun to watch, and that this team has taken a huge first step towards respectability. I will also predict that this respectability will be long term in duration, and that the desert will grow tons, (even generations), of new fans cheering for the Redbirds. I don't know if our season will be a winning one, a losing one, or a break-even one. What I do believe is that regardless of the record, this team will be entertaining, and will play hard, even when they lack the talent level of the opponent.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
imo, one of our strongest units, kick coverage guys. What do you think of them?

Again, thanks for your efforts.

I dunno. I don't analyze that situation well. Last year I thought our special teams unit was going to be unstoppable coverage wise and they were pretty average.

Alexander, Arenas, and Bethel are your best coverage guys that jump out on the roster, the rest will be wait and see for me.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dunno. I don't analyze that situation well. Last year I thought our special teams unit was going to be unstoppable coverage wise and they were pretty average.

Alexander, Arenas, and Bethel are your best coverage guys that jump out on the roster, the rest will be wait and see for me.
I've got to figure they'll put the Badge on gunner-duty at some point during the season.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rugby, speaking of Red Bank. Some years ago my wife had relatives who lived in Long Branch, NJ. It was said that they lived near the Long Branch branch of the Red Bank bank.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rugby, speaking of Red Bank. Some years ago my wife had relatives who lived in Long Branch, NJ. It was said that they lived near the Long Branch branch of the Red Bank bank.

lol We used to talk about how, before they moved, you could go to the Nets team store and get a New New Jersey Jersey.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice write up RM.

I am excited like always to start the season. But I am trying to be realistic with this team and not set myself up for disappointment.

So 6-10 is about right to expect. Could be worse with injuries. Could be better if Arian's system is bought into by the team and we get some breaks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose