ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2013-14: Record 48-34
Bledsoe, Ish Smith
Dragic, Green, Barbosa
Tucker, Mc Morris
Frye, Mk Morris
Plumlee,

Note: Bledsoe only played 43 games. Goran moved to point and Green started at shooting guard.

2019-20: Record ?
Rubio, Jerome
Booker, T. Johnson
Oubre, Bridges, C Johnson
Saric, Kaminsky
Ayton, Baynes

It's hard to believe that 2013-14 team actually won 48 games and missed the playoffs on top of that.

Here is a link to the stats for that team if you want to take a look.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2014.html

I was going to give some commentary, but I'd rather here your opinions first.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2013-14: Record 48-34
Bledsoe, Ish Smith
Dragic, Green, Barbosa
Tucker, Mc Morris
Frye, Mk Morris
Plumlee,

Note: Bledsoe only played 43 games. Goran moved to point and Green started at shooting guard.

2019-20: Record ?
Rubio, Jerome
Booker, T. Johnson
Oubre, Bridges, C Johnson
Saric, Kaminsky
Ayton, Baynes

It's hard to believe that 2013-14 team actually won 48 games and missed the playoffs on top of that.

Here is a link to the stats for that team if you want to take a look.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2014.html

I was going to give some commentary, but I'd rather here your opinions first.

The parts fit together shockingly well and allowed the team to play above it's talent, several guys had career years. If Bledsoe doesn't get hurt they're probably a 5 or 6 seed. Also there were not any guys who were still finding themselves as a player, basically all those guys were at least in their 3rd or 4th year, pretty sure Bledsoe was the youngest rotation player on the team.

This team has more talent, it's just a matter of finding out if the parts fit together. I think Rubio is a good with with Booker and Ayton, but unless Ayton makes some big strides on D we're asking Rubio and Oubre to carry a really heavy load. We're also going to need some guys who have shown they can shoot to be consistent in that department. That is another thing the 2014 team had, a level of consistency from players like Frye and Green that they've never had outside that season, even Dragic would fall into that category.

It is nice to see something of a full NBA roster for the first time in almost 5 years.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The parts fit together shockingly well and allowed the team to play above it's talent, several guys had career years. If Bledsoe doesn't get hurt they're probably a 5 or 6 seed. Also there were not any guys who were still finding themselves as a player, basically all those guys were at least in their 3rd or 4th year, pretty sure Bledsoe was the youngest rotation player on the team.

This team has more talent, it's just a matter of finding out if the parts fit together. I think Rubio is a good with with Booker and Ayton, but unless Ayton makes some big strides on D we're asking Rubio and Oubre to carry a really heavy load. We're also going to need some guys who have shown they can shoot to be consistent in that department. That is another thing the 2014 team had, a level of consistency from players like Frye and Green that they've never had outside that season, even Dragic would fall into that category.

It is nice to see something of a full NBA roster for the first time in almost 5 years.
Chemistry in the locker room was a very big factor for that team as well. The team just clicked on and off the court and it was truly seen by them vastly outperforming what they should have done on paper.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Coaching is the wild card this year. That team had a decent coach. I am excited to see Monty Williams and if he can do some real coaching.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson