2012 Arizona Diamondbacks Season Thread - August Edition

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Had to be done... particularly with the Mets being up 2-0 in the 6th over the Giants. After our sweep of the Dodgers, a Mets win tonight will leave us 2.5 games out of first!!! Wow! :shock:

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We thoroughly embarrassed the Dodgers at a very good time.

Nothing better than making their fan base question the team's deadline acquisitions and foresight for the rest of the season.

Hopefully, this takes a psychological toll on the players.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope the Mets can keep it up!

Totally forgot it was a new month :)

Marklar

Rookie
Reaction score
Subscribed

Stoked to sweep the Dodgers! From what I was hearing, Corbin was sensational!
The only disappointing thing about today's game (and all the matinee games) is that I had to rise at 5am to tune in!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off day today.

Mets @ Giants tonight.

Would be nice also to get help in WC race from Colorado (beat St. Louis) and Miami (beat ATL)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next Series for NL West Teams:

Arizona travels to Philly
Dodgers host the Cubs
SF travels to Colorado

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's assume the D-Backs stay afloat in August at .500 or a little better. Who gets the September call up?

I can't remember the rules. You still can't have more than 25 active players, right? I'm thinking Zagurski can go and maybe Skaggs can come on up.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's assume the D-Backs stay afloat in August at .500 or a little better. Who gets the September call up?

I can't remember the rules. You still can't have more than 25 active players, right? I'm thinking Zagurski can go and maybe Skaggs can come on up.

You get 40 players in Sept if you want them. Back down to 25 for the playoffs.

The DBacks have been very unlucky this year honestly. Their expected W/L based on run differential is 3 games above their actual record and their under .500 in 1 run games. The two teams in front of them should have worse records based on their run differential. There is a good chance that this luck issue can balance out for the rest of the season which is very good news for the DBacks.

Last edited:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score

Agreed - I think Skaggs gets the call before Bauer. He has better control and it would also serve as another way to humble ole "Nuke Laloosh".

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Mets pounding the Giants 9-1 in the 8th inning! We should head into our series with the Phillies 2 games out of first place!

Kennedy needs to come up BIG tomorrow night!!!!

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Down 2 games... Time for Kennedy and Upton to get back into form and this team will make a STRONG push!

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is great. I don't just hate the Dodgers I love hating the Dodgers.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com...01&content_id=35964798&vkey=news_ari&c_id=ari

They should throw at Hairston's head next time the play just to rub salt in it.

Need a hanky, Jerry?

Played SS most of my career... I can totally relate to Hairston's feelings. However, you don't make them public. The most effective way to deal with this is also very simple:

You immediately speak to the rest of the infield and make sure they know that the next time a play at 2nd is happening, to be sure to get the ball to "me" as quickly as possible so that I would have enough time to throw at Goldy's head.
I beaned a few guys in my day... a few times in college it led to some pretty exciting bench-clearing brawls! :D

The bag is typically viewed as the boundary... The runner isn't really supposed to start his slide past the bag... Goldy will learn that in time - hopefully not the hard way! ;)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The DBacks have been very unlucky this year honestly. Their expected W/L based on run differential is 3 games above their actual record and their under .500 in 1 run games. The two teams in front of them should have worse records based on their run differential. There is a good chance that this luck issue can balance out for the rest of the season which is very good news for the DBacks.
That seems to indicate that, when we win, we win big . . . but we don't do as well as the Dodgers and Giants in the close games.

Or to put it another way, live by swinging for the seats, die by swinging for the seats.

Or still another way, playing American League baseball in the National League isn't the formula for success.

Luck has very little to do with it.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looked like a pretty dirty slide. I don't know enough about Goldy to know if he meant it. Regardless, not cool.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Played SS most of my career... I can totally relate to Hairston's feelings. However, you don't make them public. The most effective way to deal with this is also very simple:

You immediately speak to the rest of the infield and make sure they know that the next time a play at 2nd is happening, to be sure to get the ball to "me" as quickly as possible so that I would have enough time to throw at Goldy's head.
I beaned a few guys in my day... a few times in college it led to some pretty exciting bench-clearing brawls! :D

The bag is typically viewed as the boundary... The runner isn't really supposed to start his slide past the bag... Goldy will learn that in time - hopefully not the hard way! ;)

So where does it end? There is only one reason Goldy was on first base: Javy Guerra took over for starter Stephen Fife with one out and a runner on first base in the fifth inning and drilled Goldschmidt in the shoulder with his first pitch. During the series, Goldschmidt was a one-man wrecking crew, going 8-for-12 with two homers, five RBIs and four runs scored.

Let's say Goldy made that slide to make a statement after he was intentially drilled. All even, right? No, now you are going to throw at his head when the score should be evened out. Now the DBacks drill Jerry... Then the Doyers...Like I said, where does it end?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It looked like a pretty dirty slide. I don't know enough about Goldy to know if he meant it. Regardless, not cool.

Neither was purposely plunking him. He was only on first base because they drilled him intentionally. He retaliated. Baseball at it's finest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard