2010 Playoffs: Round 1, Game 1 - Trail Blazers At Suns Game Thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I still don't seeing the blazers beating us this series without Roy, but amare better show up next game cause we really need him to have a chance. sigh

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a game that the suns could have won easily, Suns will return and dominate!

Then we had seen a different game. Portland out hustled the Suns and missed a ton of wide open 3's. I saw a game that could easily have been Portland by 15.

This team came out with zero passion. I am sorry but when the other teams best player is out there is no excuse to come out and play like this. Barkley was right. Was a monumental disappointment out of the Suns.

P.S. We didn't shoot well because Portland defends well. Look at the stat sheet. Portland has held us under our averages every time we play them. So our poor shooting is not a fluke.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Our game plan is apparently insufficient. They could shut Amare well but we couldn't do Miller and Bayless? LB was absolutely bulled by Miller and even JRich. If LB could get more emotional like he did with Deron Williams last game, we might have a chance. Also, Bayless is an actor. They got fouls called on Amare that were harsher than otherwise in the game.

Also, we should have stuck with our bench a little longer in the 2nd. After the halftime break, LB lost his shooting touch completely. And Dudley and Frye are not clutch 3-pt shooters yet. We should have made better effort to get the ball into Nash and JRich's hands.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Terrible game. Nothing positive about losing game 1 at home to a team missing their best player.

Portland, again, dominated the Suns defensively, and forced Nash to control the ball for way too long. (No shock there. Teams always make Nash dominate the ball in the playoffs.) If nothing changes, the Suns will lose this series in 6.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Then we had seen a different game. Portland out hustled the Suns and missed a ton of wide open 3's. I saw a game that could easily have been Portland by 15.

This team came out with zero passion. I am sorry but when the other teams best player is out there is no excuse to come out and play like this. Barkley was right. Was a monumental disappointment out of the Suns.

key words "could have"

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
key words "could have"

No I caught that. I just don't agree. Portland "could have" beaten us worse. The Suns were never in control of this game. So I don't see how the Suns "could have" done anything.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man I don't even know if I want to watch game two lol, If I cussed so much this game I can't imagine what i'll do if we play like crap again next game lol.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they dont stop starting Collins, they will lose in four. It is like we are 4 players. He is useless

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they dont stop starting Collins, they will lose in four. It is like we are 4 players. He is useless

They are sagging down on Stat because of Collins. The other Collins (Doug) called it before the game started. He said Portland was going to leave Collins by himself to help out on Amare.

It worked.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
No I caught that. I just don't agree. Portland "could have" beaten us worse. The Suns were never in control of this game. So I don't see how the Suns "could have" done anything.
Maybe I should have said should have won easily.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Suns bought into the hype and their own press.
Classic!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
P.S. We didn't shoot well because Portland defends well. Look at the stat sheet. Portland has held us under our averages every time we play them. So our poor shooting is not a fluke.
Portland was 18th in opposing team's field goal % and tied for 13th in defensive efficiency. :shrug:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
im surprised we didnt see more zone in the 2nd half.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody want to consider the possibility that we just aren't that good? Our bloated record down the stretch was mostly against bad teams or teams with key injuries. We haven't played all that well since we lost Robin. Add to that, the fact that Portland is a bad matchup for us and we're in trouble here. I still think we can win this series but I never thought it was going to be easy.

Steve

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
They are sagging down on Stat because of Collins. The other Collins (Doug) called it before the game started. He said Portland was going to leave Collins by himself to help out on Amare.

It worked.

I doubt it will happen until Lopez comes back, when Gentry or really coach Kerr evaluates the game, they'll see the missed wide open shots long before they cue into Collins. If anything, you'll probably see a move in the start of the second half, especially if the game is favoring Portland.

I do agree though, Collins is worthless on O, but so were Grant Hill and J-Rich and Dudley.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We outrebounded them despite shooting 10 more shots and shooting worse then them.

We won't lose another game if we keep outrebounding them.

Dudley,Hill, Jrich = 7/28 = 25%FG.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
We outrebounded them despite shooting 10 more shots and shooting worse then them.

wow nice support timing there, I should hire you to back up my posts with facts. :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i bet for some reason the suns thought this would be a cakewalk game no roy, at home, and in the playoff's.... i'm hoping this sparks a fire under them to let them know this is the playoff's and no matter who your playing you bring 100 percent every night. Just feel so upset trying to think of good things to keep me more calm. Maybe we will turn out like the celtics when they lost game 1 to the bulls at home lol.... UGH UGH UGH

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why is it so hard for folks to understand this?
I watched the game too(except for the 1st qtr) and Portland was in the face of our perimeter guys ALL NIGHT LONG. Amare was facing a couple bigs whenever he tried to get free....
the SUNS defense was decent and at times was very good but if anyone expects our poor shooting to just miraculousy get better for game's 2,3,4 & 5 they'd better wake up.

The BLAZERS are missing a MAJOR offensive piece(Roy)...the SUNS need to hone in on Aldridge/Miller and shut them down. Period. They'll be lucky to score 80 points if we can just get in their grill and D up.
Let our offense and jump shooting find itself IMO.

Focusing on just better shooting is shortsighted and misguided.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Does anybody want to consider the possibility that we just aren't that good? Our bloated record down the stretch was mostly against bad teams or teams with key injuries. We haven't played all that well since we lost Robin. Add to that, the fact that Portland is a bad matchup for us and we're in trouble here. I still think we can win this series but I never thought it was going to be easy.

Steve

We are not as good as the fans think we are. Dudley, Frye, Dragic don't have much playoff experience and Nash is older. But we should be able to shut Miller and Bayless with our bench. In the start of 2nd q. and 4th, we seemed to have it.

And LB lost his good touch in the 2nd half. In the first half, Hill and JRich were so lacking confidence that they hesitated to shoot right away on Amare's passes. Their drives into paint were challenged because Amare already drew 2 defenders in there waiting for rebound. They need to talk it through.

Amare had a bad game. But he seems to be fine with general decision making. We should be fine with proper adjustment, for rest of the series.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we got to switch-up/confuse miller a bit with different defenders, we have hill dragic and duds.
barbs and nash on him was a bad idea all game long.

aldrige was confused when we threw a quick double on him, that i liked.

less dribbling by nash, we need to move that ball or else their D gets too comfortable.

collins = the suck

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison