2010 Arizona Diamondbacks...

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Out of curiousity/boredom...What is your prediction/desire for the 2010 DBacks starting lineup and starting rotation?

Here's mine:

1st Base: Brandon Allen
2nd Base: Free Agent/Trade or Ryan Roberts
Short Stop: Stephen Drew
3rd Base: Mark Reynolds
Catcher: Miguel Montero
Left Field: Connor Jackson
Center Field: Gerrardo Parra
Right Field: Justin Upton

Rotation:
Haren
Webb (hopefully, but I am pretty doubtful)
Max
Davis/Garland
Parker

Bullpen:
Not worth the time other than Rauch, Zavada, Qualls, and Schlereth.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like Roberts to play every game the rest of the year to see if he can play everyday. Other than that, it looks about right to me. for the starting 8. I think Webb does not pitch a single game next year because of going under the knife.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that Max becomes our closer. Davis and Garland are gone. Young gets traded for a second baseman and we sign 3 pitchers, although 3 would be a stretch.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Throw out the W/L record, Doug Davis is having one of his best years. We should keep him around if possible and if he wants to stay. Right now, just add a couple players here and there. Hopefully this team can keep it rolling for the rest of the year.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
haha! being banned for a year means I don't show up in threads like this!

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
1B Chad Tracy
2B Ryan Roberts
SS Stephen Drew
3B Mark Reynolds
LF Conor Jackson
CF Chris Young
RF Justin Upton
C Miguel Montero

Rotation
Webb
Haren
Scherzer
Davis
Petit

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup... and the double-whammy would be Young in CF... That's cementing your spot in the basement right there! ;)
I am not sold on Conor Jackson either, but I haven't looked at his numbers. Without bringing in another power bat, the lineups below seem power-challenged.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I am not sold on Conor Jackson either, but I haven't looked at his numbers. Without bringing in another power bat, the lineups below seem power-challenged.

Totally agree and been saying this for 2-plus years now... We need a legit power threat at First Base desperately... If we can do that, CoJo in left field is fine. If he's able to come back healthy, he should continue to give us 15 HR's or so while hitting .275 - .280. And if we can find a legit CF who can hit .280 or above with an OB% of .375 or above, we'll be fine. Reynolds, Upton, Drew, Montero, Roberts...they form a very nice nucleus to build around. The rookie Oeltjen looked pretty impressive last night and Romero played well once again. Very encouraging to see that.

But again, it boils down to First Base and Centerfield, as it has for the past two seasons... Uggghhhhh...

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Totally agree and been saying this for 2-plus years now... We need a legit power threat at First Base desperately... If we can do that, CoJo in left field is fine. If he's able to come back healthy, he should continue to give us 15 HR's or so while hitting .275 - .280. And if we can find a legit CF who can hit .280 or above with an OB% of .375 or above, we'll be fine. Reynolds, Upton, Drew, Montero, Roberts...they form a very nice nucleus to build around. The rookie Oeltjen looked pretty impressive last night and Romero played well once again. Very encouraging to see that.

But again, it boils down to First Base and Centerfield, as it has for the past two seasons... Uggghhhhh...
Agreed! Any idea on who will be available or will all the big name players be locked up? :shrug:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a good team, a healthy Connor Jackson is a nice situational hitter off the bench in a pinch. You need 25+ home runs from a corner outfield position, or at least 90 RBIs in 500+ ABs. CJ's never going to give you that. He'll get on base, but that's not saying much if you don't have run producers elsewhere in the lineup. And he's not a guy you want running the bases for premium run production.

Last edited:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
1B- Connor Jackson
2B- Roberts or FA
SS- Drew
3B- Reynolds
LF- Byrnes (sucks, but will happen i think)
CF- Parra
RF- Upton

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
On a good team, a healthy Connor Jackson is a nice situational hitter off the bench in a pinch. You need 25+ home runs from a corner outfield position, or at least 90 RBIs in 500+ ABs. CJ's never going to give you that. He'll get on base, but that's not saying much if you don't have run producers elsewhere in the lineup. And he's not a guy you want running the bases for premium run production.
]

Wrong... Like I said, it's more likely and more practical to seek and obtain those power #'s from First Base. If we can, they Connor Jackson would be more than adequate in Left Field, considering what else is around him (Reynolds, Drewm, Upton, Roberts and Montero).

The very first priority needs to be Center Field however... They need to somehow deal with CY...and further procrastination over him and it won't matter what happens at First Base or Left Field...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
]

Wrong... Like I said, it's more likely and more practical to seek and obtain those power #'s from First Base. If we can, they Connor Jackson would be more than adequate in Left Field, considering what else is around him (Reynolds, Drewm, Upton, Roberts and Montero).

The very first priority needs to be Center Field however... They need to somehow deal with CY...and further procrastination over him and it won't matter what happens at First Base or Left Field...
On a good team, a healthy Connor Jackson is a nice situational hitter off the bench in a pinch

How is that wrong? I am confused...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How is that wrong? I am confused...

When hallucinating, confusion is often a problem... :mulli:

What is "wrong" is that the D-Backs "require" 25-plus HR's and 90 RBI's from their left fielder...
Put down the shrooms for a second Mulli as I restate what I've said a few times in this thread:

The D-Backs should focus on getting that sort of production out of First Base. IMO, it's more practical to move in that direction as Jackson - when healthy, is just fine in a lineup that also possesses Reynolds, Upton, Drew, Roberts and Montero - along with a professional, major league CF.

Or, we can attempt to pay some sort of ridiculous $$ to a left fielder, limp along with CY in centerfield and continue to short-change First Base...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When hallucinating, confusion is often a problem... :mulli:

What is "wrong" is that the D-Backs "require" 25-plus HR's and 90 RBI's from their left fielder...
Put down the shrooms for a second Mulli as I restate what I've said a few times in this thread:

The D-Backs should focus on getting that sort of production out of First Base. IMO, it's more practical to move in that direction as Jackson - when healthy, is just fine in a lineup that also possesses Reynolds, Upton, Drew, Roberts and Montero - along with a professional, major league CF.

Or, we can attempt to pay some sort of ridiculous $$ to a left fielder, limp along with CY in centerfield and continue to short-change First Base...
Ah Bach!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
LF- Byrnes (sucks, but will happen i think)
I believe Byrnes was benched before he was hurt (except when Jackson couldn't play).

Perhaps the D'backs brass came to realize that they're paying Byrnes no matter what. Giving him regular playing time just compounded the mistake.

Especially since the new BabyBacks in LF are contributing much more than Byrnes did anytime this season.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Give me this and I'm happy...

1) Drew SS
2) Young/Parra CF
3) Upton RF
4) Reynolds 1B
5) Jackson LF
6) Glaus 3B
7) Montero C
8) Roberts 2B

Bench:
Romero OF
Allen 1B
Snyder C
Loretta 2B
Young/Parra OF

Rotation:
1) Webb
2) Haren
3) Scherzer
4) Petit
5) Parker

Bullpen:
Schlereth CL
Rauch RHP
Qualls RHP
Gutierrez RHP
Vazquez RHP
Schoenwies LHP
Zavada LHP

I'd be extremely happy with that. Let Davis, Garland and Tracy all walk. Cut Byrnes. I'm tired of his crap. Let some young guys fill in and sign either Glaus or Beltre to man 3B. Let Reynolds play an entire season at 1st. See how it goes. Hopefully Conor is back at 100%.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Han Blalock is a FA ad wil only be 30 years old at the start of the season. Buying out Tracy for $1M will save us $6M so we coud make a run for him. Put him at 1B and keep Reynolds at 3B. John Grabow is the only reliever in a weak FA crop this year, everyone else is ancient.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson