2008 NFC Championship Game

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching this could help us all get the nasty taste out of our mouths.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
still best moment of my fanhood- young card fan getting drunk beside me, raising hell with 3 large philly fans and a single card fan behind us on the aluminum extra seating - were bouncing up and down making it sound like a huge snare drum- young drunk fans mom asked if i'm going to help if her son starts fighting with the philly fans? Eagles score and take the lead in the 4th 1/4! Card fan standing behind us ripps off his cards jersey exposing a eagles jersey underneath- young drunk card fan loses it and starts swinging wildly- I grabbed him by the shoulders looked deep in his eyes and said- were not from Philadelphia we don't act like that! jump and scream when eagles got the ball you lil poo! We did- THT ran we scored an d won the game- those eagle fans was demoralized-dejected with 1000's of cards fans and a young drunk card fan twirling through the confetti! It was epic!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Didn't the Cardinals give out CD's with the entire playoffs to us? I have to dig mine out (from somewhere), lol

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I thought of this game last night when watching part of the Falcons-Saints game, after I learned that Tim Hightower was still in the league......

All three 2008 playoff games (ATL, CAR, PHI), plus the GB playoff game the next year are part of my annual off-season, get back in the mood for football ritual. I break out the DVDs and hope we can somehow re-create that feeling again. Hasn't happened for me since that year though. Not even last year felt the same.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny how 8 years later, of the 2 teams, the Cards still have CC & Fitz and all the Eagles have left is Celek, who ate us alive in that game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought of this game last night when watching part of the Falcons-Saints game, after I learned that Tim Hightower was still in the league......

All three 2008 playoff games (ATL, CAR, PHI), plus the GB playoff game the next year are part of my annual off-season, get back in the mood for football ritual. I break out the DVDs and hope we can somehow re-create that feeling again. Hasn't happened for me since that year though. Not even last year felt the same.

Really? Last year was pretty damn special, especially that heart-attack inducing classic Cardiac Cards game against GB.

Sure, nothing will obviously be as completely amazing as winning an NFC Title game until we win the Super Bowl, but last year's ride was the best overall 18 weeks of football we've ever had.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hightower getting that first down in the 4th quarter was so huge. The one negative I remember about this game was when Boldin and Haley were yelling at each other.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
edge was a beast! doesn't get enough credit -

This.

Seen this so many times. Difference is Edge murdering ****'s. I don't know how it turns out if we just toss biscuits. Not well probably.

Your points are valid dude. But we can't run every down. I still think you're way more right than other people on this forum.

Mean that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Last year was pretty damn special, especially that heart-attack inducing classic Cardiac Cards game against GB.

Sure, nothing will obviously be as completely amazing as winning an NFC Title game until we win the Super Bowl, but last year's ride was the best overall 18 weeks of football we've ever had.
Best 18 weeks? Sure... But that's was the BEST 5 Weeks by far... nothing during that 18 weeks can even come close... a Super Bowl appearance and all of those amazing playoff games one of the most underrated team ever in NFL history ... AMAZING!!! Two minutes away from being Super Bowl champions can't be topped unless we actually won a Super Bowl!!!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best 18 weeks? Sure... But that's was the BEST 5 Weeks by far... nothing during that 18 weeks can even come close... a Super Bowl appearance and all of those amazing playoff games one of the most underrated team ever in NFL history ... AMAZING!!! Two minutes away from being Super Bowl champions can't be topped unless we actually won a Super Bowl!!!

that's why i said best 18 weeks OVERALL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i still hate Aaron Fransisco.

and watching that just makes me worry more about this year's team. Palmer just ain't Warner and without a HOF QB, you have to have a legendary or at least best in the league D to win the Super Bowl and we don't have that either.

is it Sunday yet?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warner wasn't even Warner when he got here. He was an old QB with ball security issues.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score

For me, I didn't have any expectations about the 2008 season, and getting through the playoffs like they did and reaching the Super Bowl was just an ecstatic feeling. Last year I had way higher expectations and although the season was fun, in the back of my mind I was always waiting for the air to be let out of the balloon, which it was in Carolina.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score

Put those on YouTube, man. You have no idea how much I would like to see them.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This.

Seen this so many times. Difference is Edge murdering ****'s. I don't know how it turns out if we just toss biscuits. Not well probably.

Your points are valid dude. But we can't run every down. I still think you're way more right than other people on this forum.

Mean that.

I don't know where folks got the ideas I want to run every down, probably one of my rants over the years, Yes I liked watching Leroy Kelly touch the ball 60% of the time for the Browns, winning many punt return and rushing championships. Nobody has ever addressed why we ran 10 times in the SB? edge got a cut block foul early, that I think was a wrong call - but SB and 2009 Saints loss was the least rushing carries I have ever seen in an NFL game!

Collingsworth was right - worst team in history to go to the playoffs, until edge started last game of the season and in playoffs- and yes I feel the same thing now- greedy, lazy play calling, gonna get Carson killed. again!

Doesn't BA understand that he rushed his way to 13 wins with CJ and DJ last year? yes we started many games with 3 and outs and then earn wins with the run game- Beanie tore up the #1 Packers defense to a 3 score lead , on one leg, before the pass fest in the 2009 playoff win. I don't even remember the RB we used Arians first year? He was a bad ass ex steeler that earned play action, then said screw the NFL at a young age and flew the coop, it was a disrespectful contract offer.

I don't know what Stephen Taylor is still doing on this team? him and AE were drafted for pass blocking ability. But nothing really matters until the play caller pulls his head out his AZ and starts running all 3 RB's regularly and consistently. If BA scripted those first 30 plays like he claims, He needs kicked in the nuts!

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That playoff run and SB were the best EVER in my 50 or so years as a Cards fan. Me and my sons yelled and cheered more than we ever had. Cigars were smoked after each win and even after the SB loss, even my non-smoking eldest son smoked cigars :)

Only winning a SB will top that run. Wish I had the DVD of those games.

Go Cards!