20 thoughts - 2022 season - part 2

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Cam Thomas showed me enough that I trust him in a bigger role next year – be it at defensive end or edge rusher.

2 – More than ten sacks three years in a row for Haason Reddick. Only one of those was with the Cardinals. Great self-scouting.

3 – They might have found something in Hollywood Brown. I don’t know if he can be a #1, but as a complement, he is really good.

4 – Most penalties overall as well of penalties per play. That’s actually quite an achievement.

5 – Other than the arrogant “ha ha, Kyler sucks and you’re delusional, whereas I am the prophetic-, wisdom-fountain inside Nostradamus”-argument, I also find it strange to conveniently ignore that Kyler Murray has all the talent in the world, and the fact that one coaching staff has not been able to bring out the best in him.

“But we have seen it too often with this organization.” Okay, that’s cool. Feel free to live your fandom in the past. I choose to move forward with hope and belief.

Kyler Murray can without a shadow of a doubt become a great quarterback.

6 – For me, the best coaching job in the backend of the season has been Steve Wilks as the interim HC of the Panthers. I hope he gets the job fulltime.

7 – It really sucks that they can’t get a third-round pick as compensation for Chandler Jones, as they definitely would a year before. Bothered me all season. It’s an NFL rule that 10+ years veterans can give no higher than a fifth rounder.

8 – Assuming he retires, I don’t know that they miss a lot with Rodney Hudson. Maybe a leader off-the-field, but I don’t think he have been fantastic on it.

9 – Dennis Gardeck is a true special teams ace, but he probably shouldn’t play defense as well.

10 – Zaven Collins would be a fine backup.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
5 – Other than the arrogant “ha ha, Kyler sucks and you’re delusional, whereas I am the prophetic-, wisdom-fountain inside Nostradamus”-argument, I also find it strange to conveniently ignore that Kyler Murray has all the talent in the world, and the fact that one coaching staff has not been able to bring out the best in him.

“But we have seen it too often with this organization.” Okay, that’s cool. Feel free to live your fandom in the past. I choose to move forward with hope and belief.

Attachments

• checkthisout-napoleon-dynamite.gif
    checkthisout-napoleon-dynamite.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1 – Cam Thomas showed me enough that I trust him in a bigger role next year – be it at defensive end or edge rusher.

2 – More than ten sacks three years in a row for Haason Reddick. Only one of those was with the Cardinals. Great self-scouting.

3 – They might have found something in Hollywood Brown. I don’t know if he can be a #1, but as a complement, he is really good.

4 – Most penalties overall as well of penalties per play. That’s actually quite an achievement.

6 – For me, the best coaching job in the backend of the season has been Steve Wilks as the interim HC of the Panthers. I hope he gets the job fulltime.

7 – It really sucks that they can’t get a third-round pick as compensation for Chandler Jones, as they definitely would a year before. Bothered me all season. It’s an NFL rule that 10+ years veterans can give no higher than a fifth rounder.

8 – Assuming he retires, I don’t know that they miss a lot with Rodney Hudson. Maybe a leader off-the-field, but I don’t think he have been fantastic on it.

9 – Dennis Gardeck is a true special teams ace, but he probably shouldn’t play defense as well.

10 – Zaven Collins would be a fine backup.
20 thoughts? Damn, what happened to 15? Inflation maybe lol?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 and 2 agree.
3. I would have rather sign a cheap Wr and drafted a center.
4. Penalties….ugh.
5. I’m have to ride the “ He’ll be better with a better headcoach, offense and play calling.” Only because I have to cling to something.
6. Who cares about Wilks.
7. What really sucks is we didn’t trade Chandler and just let him walk.
8. Rodney is dead to me.
9. Agree on Gardeck
10. I think Collins will be fine.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
7. What really sucks is we didn’t trade Chandler and just let him walk.

While they let Reddick walk for free instead, and gave Jones the franchise tag.

10. I think Collins will be fine.

Really, Slanidrac? I really like to hear that. Throughout many years I have learned to trust your opinion, so I will have to re-consider my stance on Collins.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While they let Reddick walk for free instead, and gave Jones the franchise tag.

Really, Slanidrac? I really like to hear that. Throughout many years I have learned to trust your opinion, so I will have to re-consider my stance on Collins.
I think there are a few players that will flourish under a new regime. I think Simmons will be given a position and stay there. Idl, olb, safety, yada yada yada.
P.S. never listen to anything I say! Lol!!!