2 Homes in Anthem- must sell!

OP
OP
marathon_mom

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
Tell these people that i'll buy the smaller house for 100k. Thats my best offer.
The smaller house sold. You'll have to settle for 5k sq ft. Good luck on a teachers salary.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
No offense, but I hate the bithching about teacher salaries...If you want to make more then work 12 months a year like the rest of us...Not to mention all the benefits that educators get...I'd love to work 9 months a year like teachers do.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
No offense, but I hate all the slack that teachers get. If you would like to work only 9 months a year and get all the benefits educators get, then go get a teaching degree....

:D

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'll have to defend teachers a little bit here - first their days are insanely long, a lot of money comes out of their own pockets for classroom resources and items for the kids, the cost of education and constant training they MUST do also eats away at a meager salary

for example, in New York state you are required to have your masters degree (as with some other states) - they give you pretty much 3 years to get it done - at the end of those 3 years, with a masters degree you are making at most $40,000 which even if they only worked 9 months, 8-5 and had no out of pocket expenses would still be comparatively light to other fields (I wouldn't obtain an MBA to just make $54k a year in my 3rd year - in my field you can get that w/out a masters)

I can also honestly say that money is a big reason I didn't pursue teaching - it's a noble profession and I believe teachers should be compensated more (often times you step out of college with a degree in hand and make less than $30k a year)

it's a secure profession, they do have the ability to get a temporary job in the summer (although a lot of time is spent resetting the room for the next year), but it is a stressful occupation that is very demanding if done well

with that said, there is no reason for a teacher to ever be in the poor house - it isn't that bad

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
I'll have to defend teachers a little bit here - first their days are insanely long, a lot of money comes out of their own pockets for classroom resources and items for the kids, the cost of education and constant training they MUST do also eats away at a meager salary

for example, in New York state you are required to have your masters degree (as with some other states) - they give you pretty much 3 years to get it done - at the end of those 3 years, with a masters degree you are making at most $40,000 which even if they only worked 9 months, 8-5 and had no out of pocket expenses would still be comparatively light to other fields (I wouldn't obtain an MBA to just make $54k a year in my 3rd year - in my field you can get that w/out a masters)

I can also honestly say that money is a big reason I didn't pursue teaching - it's a noble profession and I believe teachers should be compensated more (often times you step out of college with a degree in hand and make less than $30k a year)

it's a secure profession, they do have the ability to get a temporary job in the summer (although a lot of time is spent resetting the room for the next year), but it is a stressful occupation that is very demanding if done well

with that said, there is no reason for a teacher to ever be in the poor house - it isn't that bad

Thank you. I am forced to get my masters. But it will cost more to get my masters than I will ever get in salary increases.

OP
OP
marathon_mom

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
No offense, but I hate the bithching about teacher salaries...If you want to make more then work 12 months a year like the rest of us...Not to mention all the benefits that educators get...I'd love to work 9 months a year like teachers do.
No offense, but I was kidding. I'm sure Heavy understood it cuz he's educated. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
marathon_mom

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
lots of stuff for sale

Just got this from my friend. Told her I'd try to help her sell some stuff.

Hi friends! We are having a moving sale on Saturday AM. I am giving you a heads up as my friends, in case there is something you really want. You may come and purchase ahead of time.

We are selling our:
Kenmore HE4 front load washer and gas dryer for $2500. They are 5 months old and have a 3 yr warranty.
GE Profile 24CU stainless steel fridge. Again, 5 months old, 3 yr warranty. $1000
Blue cloth Couches – they are recliner couches $300
55 inch rear projection Mitsubishi tv 5 months old $1000
2 l-shaped desks, w/hutch and conference table in light maple from Costco $200/each
Nordic track ellipse $200
Oak Entertainment center $200
Little Tikes wave climber $75
Portable fire pit $75
Sharp laser printer $150
Hot Wheels pink Harley ride-on motorcycle for kids $75
Thomas the Tank Engine ride-on train - $200
Light oak bookcase $100
Gorilla racks (these are metal sides with wood shelves. You can purchase at home depot) – we have 5 sets of these. You configure how you want with shelf spacing and height of the rack. $40 each set.
Patio furniture – 2 person glider, 2 side chairs and 3 glass top tables - $20/each
We also have some smaller items like a Cuisinart automatic grind and brew coffee maker in white, 5 cat posts, kitchen items and kid items. Also some silk plants and some coffee tables.
Biggest thing we are selling is our home. We have the only Spirit model on the market with the 5 bedroom and teen room option. We are selling for $750K (not negotiable). Occupancy is available on the 9th of August, if someone needs to move before school starts.

Please call or e-mail me if you are interested in anything. Also, feel free to pass this e-mail on to friends if they are looking for anything.
623-551-1524

Jamiee

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:

Being a teacher is a thankless job, partly because of comments like that. They work disgustingly hard with lesson planning all week, grading papers until late at night, and politics of the office that everyone has to deal with.

They work tons of hours and many of them go to school during those summers in order to make a couple thousand a year more in the long term, and many more take a summer job to help pay the bills.

Being around a ton of teachers on my wife's side of the family, I don't have a romaticized view of skating 9 months working 9 to 3's and lazing around all summer. More like working your tail off for 9 months from 6 am to 10 pm, then trying not to have a breakdown over the summer while you try and better position yourself for that one time $2,000 pay increase that you have to jump through 17 hoops to get.

OP
OP
marathon_mom

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Being a teacher is a thankless job, partly because of comments like that. They work disgustingly hard with lesson planning all week, grading papers until late at night, and politics of the office that everyone has to deal with.

They work tons of hours and many of them go to school during those summers in order to make a couple thousand a year more in the long term, and many more take a summer job to help pay the bills.

Being around a ton of teachers on my wife's side of the family, I don't have a romaticized view of skating 9 months working 9 to 3's and lazing around all summer. More like working your tail off for 9 months from 6 am to 10 pm, then trying not to have a breakdown over the summer while you try and better position yourself for that one time $2,000 pay increase that you have to jump through 17 hoops to get.
:thumbup: I have a lot of friends that are teachers and I agree wholeheartedly with this post. thank you D-dogg.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
My mother was a teacher/councler/administrater for her school district...I know how hard it is to get more degrees and advance in A field, but I just get tired of the bitching...If you don't want it, then don't do it...It's the same thing that I tell my employees.

I REALLY respect educaters, but I don't respect people who bitch about the job that they chose.

I put in my 40+ every week for 12 months a year...(ever hear me complain?).

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
BTW, I think that teachers/educaters are awesome...I just don't like hearing about how tough jobs are, because they are called "job"s for a reason.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
My mother was a teacher/councler/administrater for her school district...I know how hard it is to get more degrees and advance in A field, but I just get tired of the bitching...If you don't want it, then don't do it...It's the same thing that I tell my employees.

I REALLY respect educaters, but I don't respect people who bitch about the job that they chose.

I put in my 40+ every week for 12 months a year...(ever hear me complain?).

that whole bit could be construed as a complaint - most teachers say it tongue in cheek and know what they sign in for

you also must realize that teachers take a ton of crap - people take potshots at them all the time, from the parents on down - mainly because they use their education to provide education, instead of hustling for money, product innovation, etc

also, it's not just teachers who bring it up - a lot of times it's other who are having discussions with teachers - like "wow, that's a nice house, amazing they can afford that on a teachers salary" or "your spouse must be doing well for themselves, no way you could afford that on a teachers salary"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn