2-0

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah man, it ain’t no “might”, it absolutely does.

That’s why I hated when folks acted like him being short was a negative.
Exactly. People laughed when I said before last year’s draft that the kid is just incredible at avoiding hits. Just wait. He’s only scratched the surface.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s crazy to think there’s still so much more we can improve on. We are so lucky to be fans at this time in Cards history. Exciting times ahead!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great start to the season and I'm enjoying watching football again. There is a lot of progress to be made but we are winning and that's a great thing.

Concerns are our CB's and the pass rush will need to improve. Where did Marcus Golden sign?

Can't wait for when Simmons is able to start making an impact.

KM needs to improve on throwing accuracy when on the move but he is so dynamic with his legs that he will keep us winning until he gets better throwing the ball.

KK still adjusting to the NFL but he is making more positive decisions then questionable ones.

VJ looks like a solid DC and hopefully the D continues to improve.

For all those complaining about our 2md half play consider this:

Most games are a tale of two halves, one team wins the first half and the other team wins the 2nd half. How may teams have a perfect game for the entire game? How many shut outs are there in the NFL? The amount of games with a one score difference far outweighs blow outs.

KM needs to improve is accuracy, our pass D needs to improve and the run D is inconsistent, Oline is okayish and the front 7 can improve on their pass rush. Good news is that none are poor, they just need to improve for us to be true contenders.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, most of us aren't going to be happy unless we score on every drive and force our opponents to punt on every possession.

Sometimes a good offense will get 2 or 3 first downs and flips the field. Sometimes a defense makes an offense use up the clock when time is precious.

In the 4th quarter with 6 minutes left it looked like the offense refocused and was determined to run the ball with a smash mouth attitude. That's nice!

I believe we are perfect in the red zone this year.
We are damn near 50% on 3rd down offense.
We are averaging 430 yards a game on offense.
We are averaging 180 yards rushing.

Our third down defense has been spectacular.
We are winning the turnover battle.
We are allowing 17.5 pts a game against us.

Special teams have been, well , special.

Ot all adds up to 2-0 baby!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our 3rd down defense is a revelation... like a miraculous compared to last year.

only thing on D I’ve been disappointed by is our pass rush which is spotty at best.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Peterson went up against an actual good WR today & looked like his washed up self. Life hilarious.

So I was all for extending him but today he put out some bad tape...Looks like they may be more comfortable tagging him and getting another year out of him next year instead of having to commit long term money to a cornerback on the wrong side of 30.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was all for extending him but today he put out some bad tape...Looks like they may be more comfortable tagging him and getting another year out of him next year instead of having to commit long term money to a cornerback on the wrong side of 30.

Are there any conerbacks Bill O'Brien doesn't need?

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
He gave up 1 reception on quick slant and the safety took a bad angle. Otherwise it was a shutdown game.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He gave up 1 reception on quick slant and the safety took a bad angle. Otherwise it was a shutdown game.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I saw multiple slants caught by McLaurin while being covered by P2...I’m waiting to see what the PFF grade is...

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I also like how TE’s aren’t burning us like last year. Campbell has been awesome in coverage

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Be nice to be 6-0 going into Dallas

Opening 6-0 is very doable if they stay focused

as for Simmons... usually he would have about four halves of football under his belt before the season started.... not just playing time but film review every week and coaching on where he needs to improve..... right now he has less than one half worth of plays on which he can be coached.
I don’t expect to see the kid making significant positive contributions until some time in November
He will be fine but temper your expectations.... he didn’t get any reps playing against other rookies and car salesmen.... young guys need that to hone their craft and learn nfl defense. right now we don’t need him to be great because the guy in front of him is playing well.... but like someone said it sure would be nice to see him on some a gap Or jailhouse blitzes

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To me this was simply a sign of immaturity on the teams part...They seemed to coast because of the scoreboard instead of staying locked in mentally for 60 minutes of football.
I actually think Cards were just toying with them in 2nd half...trying new things.. trying for a rhythm. Never felt like Washington could catch us. Going for it on 4th down ...still hurry up. Washington didnt have a chance. This year could be special

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard