1st Current NFL Player Announces He's Gay

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My bad. Is he a good player? If he's been in the NFL for 5 years, then I'm sure he is. Good for him. Concentrate on football then. Most people don't give a damn who he prefers to sleep with.
It’s not the “most people” that are a problem. . .

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posts were reported in this thread. Two users in specifics AzMan5103 and Cardsfanmd. I am removing all posts or responses to and from these users.

This request comes from site ownership.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Blue-Footed ***** (a bird) is a bad word?

Dickcissel?

Bushtit?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Posts were reported in this thread. Two users in specifics AzMan5103 and Cardsfanmd. I am removing all posts or responses to and from these users.

This request comes from site ownership.
This whole thread should be removed too, to its proper forum (politics and religion for lack of a better placement)

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This forum has rules on here which almost everyone on here breaks concerning cursing and inappropriate words. Have you read the rules? I don't know why people have to curse to get their point across. I mean it is in rules in bold. SMH

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This whole thread should be removed too, to its proper forum (politics and religion for lack of a better placement)

What is political about someone coming out as Gay? What’s political about talking about who you love? There were threads about Booker dating a Kardashian... should those have been moved to the politics and religion section?

this is a first in the NFL. It’s in its right place.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What is political about someone coming out as Gay? What’s political about talking about who you love? There were threads about Booker dating a Kardashian... should those have been moved to the politics and religion section?

Last I look, *** seems more involved in politics and religion than a football field.... and what the hell, you cannot type the word s*x now on this forum without it getting asterisk which seems the site saying it must not belong on this forum lol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last I look, *** seems more involved in politics and religion than a football field.... and what the hell, you cannot type the word s*x now on this forum without it getting asterisk which seems the site saying it must not belong on this forum lol
I'm not sure that tells us much. Unless it's been changed in the last day or two, you can't type the last 5 letters of basketballs on the NBA forum. Anyway, I think it belongs here initially but history suggests it will earn it's way to P&R eventually.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Giving a press conference about his orientation is political and has nothing to do with football.

The Booker threads about who he's dating are similarly not about sports, nor are 99% of Tom Brady dating a supermodel super rich lady "articles" posing as news. The difference is, neither of them held a press conference to discuss the matter culturally.

I don't recall Jordan, Lawrence Taylor, Pele, or many other legends calling a press conference to discuss their orientation.

I think it's because they were more focused on being legends in their sport than about moving the culture in a specific direction (which is a political decision).

Ironically, I don't think most fans care about his orientation, I think they care about having an agenda they may even already agree with constantly forced down their throat.

You don't help in this regard. If anyone on this forum says anything even slightly critical about the way it was presented, you come in here to rebut them with innuendo's about their motivations. If your goal is to have a forthright discussion, this isn't helpful.

It was political theatre and nothing more. Had 0 to do with football as a sport.

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Lawrence Taylor made the news about his orientation - underage prostitutes and all..........

Wish he'd quit with his agenda and trying to jam his agenda down our throats

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Giving a press conference about his orientation is political and has nothing to do with football.

The Booker threads about who he's dating are similarly not about sports, nor are 99% of Tom Brady dating a supermodel super rich lady "articles" posing as news. The difference is, neither of them held a press conference to discuss the matter culturally.

I don't recall Jordan, Lawrence Taylor, Pele, or many other legends calling a press conference to discuss their orientation.

I think it's because they were more focused on being legends in their sport than about moving the culture in a specific direction (which is a political decision).

Ironically, I don't think most fans care about his orientation, I think they care about having an agenda they may even already agree with constantly forced down their throat.

You don't help in this regard. If anyone on this forum says anything even slightly critical about the way it was presented, you come in here to rebut them with innuendo's about their motivations. If your goal is to have a forthright discussion, this isn't helpful.

It was political theatre and nothing more. Had 0 to do with football as a sport
He didn’t have a press conference. He posted a story on Instagram saying he was gay and celebrating Pride by making a big donation to the Trevor Project.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It was political theatre and nothing more. Had 0 to do with football as a sport.
Actually it’s not political. It’s about standing up for his ****** orientation. YOU make political. And that’s the problem.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he never had a press conference. He merely posted something on Instagram. But the fact that YOU needed to lie about what he did, distorting it into some big deal of your own making in order to make what he did seem worse says more about you, than him. You lambast him for “shoving his agenda down your throat” even though he did nothing of the sort. Your entire premise is being offended by something that NEVER even happened.

when you have to LIE about an innocuous action that doesn’t effect you at all to make that action look worse, that says more about you and your issues with the LGTBQ community than it does them “shoving their agenda down your throat.”

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Raiders were the first team to hire a non white head coach.... Flores I think it was
Then they were the first team to hire a black head coach in Art Shell...
It’s fitting they are the first team with an openly gay player... the organization can handle it... dude is gonna be fine

still wish we could have got him in the draft.... wouldn’t have needed to go after jj watt

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

AMEN!! This thread has worn out its welcome as far as football is concerned. I agree it should be moved.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
AMEN!! This thread has worn out its welcome as far as football is concerned. I agree it should be moved.

Did you miss the part where the post you quoted completely whiffed on the press conference angle? In rare times, football transcends sports and contributes to larger society. This is one of those times. The admins are absolutely right to not bury the lead.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you miss the part where the post you quoted completely whiffed on the press conference angle? In rare times, football transcends sports and contributes to larger society. This is one of those times. The admins are absolutely right to not bury the lead.
I didn’t miss a damn thing. I just don’t care what his ****** preferences are. I don’t care what his religious beliefs are, I don’t care what color he is, I don’t care who he sleeps with. All I care is whether he‘s a decent human being & whether he can play football or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA