1st Current NFL Player Announces He's Gay

Reaction score
Yep.

I have a buddy I grew up who has a major character flaw.

He's gay, although that's not it.

He is a raiders fan, which was something I've struggled to associate my friendship with.

Which I can joke about, because people genuinely don't care about your football allegiance.

Although he couldn't get legally married at the same age I could, he is in a good marriage with a great guy. Again though, there were many who cared about his orientation enough to prevent him from getting a marriage license and the legal protections that come with it.

For his bachelor's party we all went out for an overnight trip to a nearby city - his brother had a visibly difficult time with it and left before the breakfast the next day, even though that was the part my buddy was looking forward to the most. Even my brother, who was close to his brother, couldn't convince him to hang out. They definitely have distanced since my buddy came out and started to live his life.

At his wedding good cousins refused to bring their kids and spent most of it at the bar at the venue.

These same cousins isolated him from the service for his aunt after she passed, despite my buddy being really close to her.

Not to mention the casual discrimination and harassment he faces going about his daily life - not a month goes by where he doesn't have to listen to people mouth off with slurs and ignorance

So if there is someone from his favorite NFL team stepping out of the closet to live their true life maybe in some small way it perks him up as well

Maybe have him be proud of his choice for the first time in a long time - you know, the choice of being a raiders fan.......

You are a good friend MO. Too bad some of his family sucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose