150 Best Horror Movies of All Time

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting list. Horror is probably my lease favorite genre, but i do enjoy a really good horror film. I saw a lot of old favorites from the 80s on the list. I was surprised how low Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was on the list (#143), which is probably my favorite of all time. The only film to give me nightmares.

I might start chopping down this list.

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-horror-movies-of-all-time/

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting list. Horror is probably my lease favorite genre, but i do enjoy a really good horror film. I saw a lot of old favorites from the 80s on the list. I was surprised how low Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was on the list (#143), which is probably my favorite of all time. The only film to give me nightmares.

I might start chopping down this list.

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-horror-movies-of-all-time/

Looks like The Exorcist barely cracks the top 100 on this “list.” There are a ton of movies ranking higher that don’t hold a candle to that film, the only horror movie to ever freak me out.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Looks like The Exorcist barely cracks the top 100 on this “list.” There are a ton of movies ranking higher that don’t hold a candle to that film, the only horror movie to ever freak me out.

Agreed. The Exorcist is one of, if not the best, horror movies of all time! I ended up with all the doors and windows and doors closed, the couch in the middle of the room, rocking back and forth saying "Don't let the demon face get me" while watching it!

Babadook and It Follows near the top above Jaws? A Quiet Place #3??? Get Out at #1? Don't get me wrong, I actually loved that one, but best ever horror movie? Get the eff out of here! The list is beyond a joke.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Do you guys have a better list? I feel like I need to chip away at the horror genre. I've got a lot gaps there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not much into modern day horror movies, my list wouldn't excite anyone. But for me, my favorite horror movies are the old Universal monster movies along with Abbott and Costello meet (name a monster), The Birds, Tremors, Tremors 2, Frighteners, Relic, The Thing From Another World, The Thing, The Mummy (Brendan Fraser), A Haunted House, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scream, Night of the Comet, Arachnophobia, Alien, Aliens, Phantasm, Bats and Lifeforce (just for the scenery).

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. The Exorcist is one of, if not the best, horror movies of all time! I ended up with all the doors and windows and doors closed, the couch in the middle of the room, rocking back and forth saying "Don't let the demon face get me" while watching it!

Babadook and It Follows near the top above Jaws? A Quiet Place #3??? Get Out at #1? Don't get me wrong, I actually loved that one, but best ever horror movie? Get the eff out of here! The list is beyond a joke.
I thought A Quiet Place was brilliant.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Fatal atttraction wasnt necessarily a horror film but it scared the doody out of every man who saw it!:eek:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not much into modern day horror movies, my list wouldn't excite anyone. But for me, my favorite horror movies are the old Universal monster movies along with Abbott and Costello meet (name a monster), The Birds, Tremors, Tremors 2, Frighteners, Relic, The Thing From Another World, The Thing, The Mummy (Brendan Fraser), A Haunted House, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scream, Night of the Comet, Arachnophobia, Alien, Aliens, Phantasm, Bats and Lifeforce (just for the scenery).

It's rare that I can be scared by a movie but those two really had me looking over my shoulder for a long time!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's rare that I can be scared by a movie but those two really had me looking over my shoulder for a long time!

I was a little older when I watched them so it was more of a fun shock then actual fright. For me, the only time I've been truly scared in a theater was as a 13 year old watching Wait Until Dark. I'd have listed it here but it's not actually horror.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
13 ghosts was a good horror movie despite the casting.

get out was only a horror film if your black apparently

the house on haunted hill was good.

hellbound:Hellraiser II was solid and terrifying