10 thoughts - Rams game

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was still in the Bay Area in 1981 when the Niners made their first title run. The year before, their secondary was swiss cheese. They had something like 36 different DBs on the roster in '80, a shocking statistic. The offense was already developing nicely under Bill Walsh, but that D that he inherited - absolutely horrendous.

Then with one draft, they come up with THREE new starters in the secondary - 2 of them wind up in the Pro Bowl, and they wind up taking the title. I almost feel like I'm seeing a rerun this year. The Cards secondary is young, hungry, hard-hitting, ball-hawking, and playing like a cohesive unit - AFTER letting perennial all-pro PP21 walk. The roster moves, the draft picks, the ascension of K1, it's all just clicking. How high is the ceiling THIS year? Gonna be fun finding out.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
6 – Per Nextgen stats, Chase Edmonds had the best efficiency grade of all runningbacks this round, meaning he was a great north/south runner, and the second highest rush yards over expected. Also per Nextgen stats, James Connor used the least time behind the line of scrimmage of all.

That is the kind of run game that Gandhi likes.
Run game looks better this season. Important in our division as the Seahawks haven't been great against the run

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave