3: FOUR false starts
4: THREE delay of game
5: TWO timeouts burned to prevent delay of game
6: BLOWING a punt coverage for a 56 yd TD
7: Anquan NOT calling for a fair catch, leading to a lost fumble
8: Blake's UNFORCED lost fumble
9: Allowing at least TWO 3rd down conversions over 10 yds
10:Blake's UNFORCED interception.

Besides that, we weren't too bad.........

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Some more...
11- Defense not putting ANY pressure on the QB
12- DB's blowing coverages (2nd TD due to Wison, there was another that I can't remember)
13- OL not being able to hold (1 sack, RB yards loss, many times Lions' defense was in the backfield)

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by andikrist
1: short kickoffs
2: poor kick coverage
6: BLOWING a punt coverage for a 56 yd TD
7: Anquan NOT calling for a fair catch, leading to a lost fumble
8: Blake's UNFORCED lost fumble
9: Allowing at least TWO 3rd down conversions over 10 yds
10:Blake's UNFORCED interception.

Besides that, we weren't too bad.........

Actually we blew FOUR timeouts to prevent delay of game penalties.

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
I think they ran the pass out of the backfield play 7 times and completed it 7 times including twice for TD's

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by andikrist

and a partridge in a pear tree...

Actually, while it's bad that we had so many problems, we were in it untill the end despite all of our mistakes. We have some serious holes that need fixing but the positives are very encouraging. Boldin had a huge game and hopefully BJ will develope. Considering the starters that were out it could have been worse. Look at how many positions we needed to fill this past offseason. Next year hopefully we only have to work CB, LDE, and DT.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Blake gets a pass form me.

Although the int and fumble were bad, I thought he played a pretty damn good game. He was far less erratic than Jake, and looked like a leader today. We CAN right this ship before next week.

cardzfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Being the team that turns the ball over more than your opponent will make you lose the vast majority of the time.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Re: Blake gets a pass form me.

Originally posted by phillycard
Although the int and fumble were bad, I thought he played a pretty damn good game. He was far less erratic than Jake, and looked like a leader today. We CAN right this ship before next week.

I agree if I told you that Jeff woud be 28-46 for 363 yards a fumble and a pick would you have been happy? I think most of us would. First week jitters, maybe but I think this teams needs to gel alittle, by week 5 or 6 I hope to be seeing the fruits of the off season labor.

Mel Gray TD

Registered
Reaction score
One of the things I don't understand about zone defense is you saw Lion receivers who were wide open and our defenders standing yards away covering nothing but turf. WHY DON'T THEY COVER THE GUY IN THEIR AREA. Kickoffs were horrible, special teams were ugly, and is this the first time Clement has ever played the game? I hope what I saw was Emmit chewing some
a-- on the sideline. I am sick and tired of the Big Red Line. Emmit shoud have had 100 yards. I don't mean to be negative, but costly turnovers, poor coaching ( two timeouts, two delay of game penalties, and poor special teams will always cause problems. Why did we not get to the line to spike the ball at the end of the first half? I want to remain positive but I don't think Coach Mac is the guy. Can you guys say JIMMY JOHNSON! Some good news, Boldin, Blake, Smith! Also I got Sunday Ticket at my house for the first time. Is this a great country or what! I will continue to watch and root for this team, but I have got to stop seeing all the mistakes by players and coaches. I wish you guys could see the job that Coach Pinkel is doing here at the University of Missouri. Very disciplined on offense, defense, and special teams. COME ON CARDINALS. What about this defense that was supposed to be attacking and sacking the quarterback. Come on Coach Mac, you have nothing to lose. BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ!:(

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: Re: Blake gets a pass form me.

Originally posted by Mike Rogers
I agree if I told you that Jeff woud be 28-46 for 363 yards a fumble and a pick would you have been happy? I think most of us would. First week jitters, maybe but I think this teams needs to gel alittle, by week 5 or 6 I hope to be seeing the fruits of the off season labor.

Not to mention the three TD passes! The big problem with his turnovers was the timing of them. The fumble came when we were at the 50 and behind by four, and led to a TD. And the INT was returned for a TD.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Blake looked real good the first half.

Special teams were not so good.

Anquan is a stud and I can forgive the "muff" since he played superbly the rest of the game.

Delay of game and false start penalties killed the Cards all day long and drove me crazy. Was happy to see Emmitt on top of things, even though we burnedt wo timeouts.

There are some bright spots on this team and I can see the promise in it, but it is still a young, new team that hasn't played much together. I have removed my rose-colored glasses but reserve the right to wear them in the future.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by b8rtm8nn
13a - Dishman - fat and should be cut, inexcusable

I also thought I read here Tanner was in better shape he looked enormous out there and I was watching a small tv!

That's one thing I have a hard time stomaching, for the money they make they can at least get in reasonable shape.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I will give you the biggest single reason why the Cardinals lost that game yesterday:

Special teams.

When you give up kick returns to the 40 yard line, even one first down by the opposition means that they are punting to put you inside your 10 yard line.

Our gunners are nowhere near the punt returning when he catches the ball.

That fact is Detroit had a TD and short fields all day long due to special teams.

While everyone focuses on the penalties and Blakes turnovers, if this team played AVERAGE special teams, they win in a walk.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While everyone focuses on the penalties and Blakes turnovers, if this team played AVERAGE special teams, they win in a walk.
Well...maybe against Detroit, but not against the better NFL teams.