#1 or BUST! The O'Mighty DRAFT Thread

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do we need a tank thread? Do you want one? You got it here it is all things tank related midway through the season as the trade deadline approaches. We are in hot pursuit of the "other" championship hoovering at the number #2 pick right now. #1 might be a little out of reach but with the help of the tank gods and a little bit of manuevering by the Suns we can mount an epic comeback and show the world the Suns can lose with the best of em!

:titanic:

:thewave:

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am hoping to see some moves by the trade deadline. The ultimate "swan dive" move right now is of course trading Bledsoe. Cash in on Bleds stock...ensure a top 2 pick hopefully...And dare I say get a head start on next year's tank? Combine that with a Chandler/Tucker exit and gentlemen...We may never win another game!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If your not gonna make a play for cousins I think you have to cash in on Bledsoe considering the top 2 players in this draft are PG.if you get 2 and draft Lonzo Ball then you try and move Bledsoe all your leverage goes away. I would take a 1 in this years draft.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know the asking price for Tucker is a first rounder...I was wondering if Chandler could fetch the same?

Trading Bledsoe/Tucker/Chandler could really stockpile our war chest. We could own this year's draft and next. The assets we accumulate (plus high picks) would put the Suns in the driver's seat for major moves either in the draft and getting a all-star via trade. Next season could and should be our last tank job.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If your not gonna make a play for cousins I think you have to cash in on Bledsoe considering the top 2 players in this draft are PG.if you get 2 and draft Lonzo Ball then you try and move Bledsoe all your leverage goes away. I would take a 1 in this years draft.

That's exactly how I see it. Either get Cousins and start winning next season or trade Bled and get our future PG. No more half measures...Go all in or GET OUT. Whatever I'm trying to say...U get it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hold the course and be greedy. I want to keep that top three pick. Fultz, Ball, or Jackson. Then add a quality FA.

Bledsoe's value is high. We can keep him or trade for need this summer depending on how everything else pans out. This is a very good spot to be in.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Some bad teams won last night; Lakers, Pelicans, Heat (13 straight) and the Mavs/Magic play eachother tonight.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's exactly how I see it. Either get Cousins and start winning next season or trade Bled and get our future PG. No more half measures...Go all in or GET OUT. Whatever I'm trying to say...U get it.

Very well said believe it or not, have to go one direction or another and commit, preferrably tank mode...

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hold the course and be greedy. I want to keep that top three pick. Fultz, Ball, or Jackson. Then add a quality FA.

Bledsoe's value is high. We can keep him or trade for need this summer depending on how everything else pans out. This is a very good spot to be in.

I want the suns to trade bled by the trade deadline UNLESS they are planning to acquire Cousins then we need to hang on to Bledsoe. Like you said it depends on how everything else pans out. Since we are a fairly solid #2 (only the Lakers challenge us right now) we could pretty much stay the course. We need to trade Tucker though. Hopefully that first rounder is on its way for him!

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Haha...The announcers said the Lakers are a couple games ahead of Phoenix. We are a couple games ahead of the Lakers!

Them dummies!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha...The announcers said the Lakers are a couple games ahead of Phoenix. We are a couple games ahead of the Lakers!

Them dummies!

The game tomorrow against the Lakers could be huge as there is only two games difference in the loss column with the Suns. The Suns having two more losses.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The game tomorrow against the Lakers could be huge as there is only two games difference in the loss column with the Suns. The Suns having two more losses.

There is more pressure on that game now since the Lakers lost tonight...dang it.

I have a feeling Bled might come down with "back spasms"... hint hint

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is more pressure on that game now since the Lakers won tonight...dang it.

I have a feeling Bled might come down with "back spasms"... hint hint

You called the 76ers beating the Heat but now you are pushing it. :lol:

I guess we will see tomorrow.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So looked up some game tape of Lonzo Ball after seeing the article on AZ Central. Wow. Yes, please.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So looked up some game tape of Lonzo Ball after seeing the article on AZ Central. Wow. Yes, please.

The way Ball carries himself on the court reminds me a little bit of Pete Maravich. He has that skinny slumped look but with incredible creativity.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ball is very good he's the best passer to come along in a while but he can score and is sneaky athletic. Him and Booker would be a amazing backcourt

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Any chance the 76ers take Bledsoe in exchange for a lottery protected first this year, no protection next?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The only way I can root for the tank is to not watch the games, so that's what I've been doing lately.

This team is just way too likable for me. I love our young core and I just cant help but root for us to win when I watch the games.

So I'm trying to skip as many as possible and just check the finals. I hate the idea of tanking, but it would be so cool to have the #1 or 2 pick for once.

blah. Tanking sucks, but I hope we get it. Go Suns. :(