“Breakout” players in 2010

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
“Breakout” players in 2010.

Which players do you “feel” will show that they “get it”, and live up to their abilities in the upcoming season.

Beanie on Offence, and Calais on “D” seem obvious, perhaps too obvious, so, my two selections for pleasant surprises are:

On “D” – Alan Branch
On “O” – Levi Brown

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Breakout players for 2010:

All on offense...

Early Doucet
Ben Patrick
Brandon Keith

If I had to pick someone from the defense...

Will Davis

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Cody Brown - 7+ sacks as the backup

and

LSH - I think he is going to catch a lot of balls out of the backfield this year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think Calais hits 10 sacks. That's huge IMO

I think Watson will be fully recovered, and become a force.

Brandon Keith is my shot in the dark.... Him or Herman Johnson.

And finally.... Beanie. 1300 Yards and 11 TD's.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Iwebema has dinged with injuries the last couple of years. He could have break out year if he's healthy.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Breaston, could he be considered a break out player?

Toler.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think Calais hits 10 sacks. That's huge IMO

I almost put that as well. But I didnt because I think he ia already a 10 sack talent and he would have had that last year if he just wrapped up the QB a few times. 3 or 4 times he had the QB dead to rights last year and just went right through his hands.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Cody Brown - 7+ sacks as the backup

and

LSH - I think he is going to catch a lot of balls out of the backfield this year.

I agree with Cody Brown- mainly because i did see him play a couple of games for Penn and he looked a very instinctive type rusher and that's sometimes more important then size and measurables.

On offense i'm gonna go with Herman Johnson. I like outside shots and the guy is a monster.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I almost put that as well. But I didnt because I think he ia already a 10 sack talent and he would have had that last year if he just wrapped up the QB a few times. 3 or 4 times he had the QB dead to rights last year and just went right through his hands.

I was thinking that as well.... If he wraps up he would have had 10 or 11 last year. lol

Can he go 13??? The dude is the real deal.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Campbell had his breakout year last year IMO. I still can't believe he was there for our 2nd round pick that year. I almost fell out of my chair when we got him in the second round.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with Cody Brown- mainly because i did see him play a couple of games for Penn and he looked a very instinctive type rusher and that's sometimes more important then size and measurables.

On offense i'm gonna go with Herman Johnson. I like outside shots and the guy is a monster.

Penn?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was thinking that as well.... If he wraps up he would have had 10 or 11 last year. lol

Can he go 13??? The dude is the real deal.

If we get improved play from the NT position then CC and DD should both have double digit sacks. Factor in any kind of pressure from the OLB position and ...

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I could get greedy but I only ask for one "breakout" player next year.

Matty.

Other then that I say Beanie gets to the Pro Bowl and Toler is starting by the end of the season.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Offense - Leinart & Doucet

Defense - Toler & Rashad Johnson

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On offense, Leinart & whoever wins the left tackle position. Defense is going to be Watson.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
this is a big transition year for us, so I see a lot of guys stepping up...

Offense- Leinart, Ben patrick, the cardinals running game.

Defense- Will Davis, Toler, Rashad Johnson, Iwebema

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Offense - Deuce Lutui - We're going to be a mauling running game next year which completely fits his style. Plus veteran competition for his job will push him to do well. I don't think he ever felt pushed by Herman Johnson or Brandon Keith for playing time. Also, Matty is his boy and he doesn't want to make him look bad.

Defense - Rashad Johnson - Hopefully this kid comes in with a chip on his shoulder knowing that if he played better last year, he could be a starter right now. I think he comes up big in the nickel and dime this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Davis. I liked what I saw from this kid last year before he got hurt. I'm betting he becomes a playmaker for the D.