Barlow takes a shot at Warner

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today's SJ Mercury News had a review of the new Longest Yard movie. Barlow was the reviewer. He said that he didn't "buy" Adam Sandler as a QB because he was "too stiff, especially in his drops, way too stiff he reminded me of Kurt Warner."

We'll see if he still feels that way after Warner lights them up twice this season.

:thumbup:

pete

All Star
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Today's SJ Mercury News had a review of the new Longest Yard movie. Barlow was the reviewer. He said that he didn't "buy" Adam Sandler as a QB because he was "too stiff, especially in his drops, way too stiff he reminded me of Kurt Warner."

We'll see if he still feels that way after Warner lights them up twice this season.

There are some movies that should never be remade an the longest yard is one of them.

Hard to believe that a freakin 49er is talking crap after a 2 win season, but I guess when those 2 wins are against the team you are talking crap about, you can get away with it. Cards need to shut him and the rest of that crappy team up for a few seasons.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

Well ya can't hardly blame him, he's just going by what he saw last year with the Giants. Kurt does really have to prove himself to the rest of the NFL world, we're always optimistic (me included) since we grab everygood tid bit we can from mini camps, practices, etc..BUT I think he's going to do great,barring injury and 'light em up' as you said...so I give a double..:thumbup: :thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
Well ya can't hardly blame him, he's just going by what he saw last year with the Giants. Kurt does really have to prove himself to the rest of the NFL world, we're always optimistic (me included) since we grab everygood tid bit we can from mini camps, practices, etc..BUT I think he's going to do great,barring injury and 'light em up' as you said...so I give a double..:thumbup: :thumbup:

Still waiting for Barlow to "prove himself." He can feel free to do something in the NFl before he says anything about a former MVP

chickenhead

Reaction score
To crib from Patrick Roy, Warner can't hear Barlow. He's got two MVP awards plugging his ears.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
chickenhead said:
To crib from Patrick Roy, Warner can't hear Barlow. He's got two MVP awards plugging his ears.

That is the post of the day. Ten points for the Chickenhead

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
chickenhead said:

Warner has played in two Super Bowls. Barlow spends his free time reviewing movies. Maybe if he spent more time and effort improving his football career, the Niners wouldn't have drafted Frank Gore to replace him.

TheNextDavePasch

Play-by-Play Man
Reaction score
And we'd better beat the 49ers twice this year. It would be disgraceful if they were to beat us again with the lack of talent on their football team. Barlow had a chance to take over the 49ers RB job and be a 1000 yard rusher, and he literally fell on his face the entire season. The guy has no work ethic.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Apparently Barlow tried out for the movie but he was cut because they wanted someone who could portray a professional football player. Hey, Kevan, how many MVP trophies do you own?

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

Guys who have half of a good season in 5 years shouldn't talk trash. I was so good that San Fran spent a third on a no kneed RB to replace him. Let's check the records at the end of the year!!!!

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Billy Flynt said:
Apparently Barlow tried out for the movie but he was cut because they wanted someone who could portray a professional football player. Hey, Kevan, how many MVP trophies do you own?

This has my vote for post of the week....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Kevan Barlow reminded me of Damien Anderson last year.

All right, were I driking coffee, it would be coming out of my nose right now. :biglaugh:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
All right, were I driking coffee, it would be coming out of my nose right now. :biglaugh:

K9, I was positive you would post that Barlow reminded you of Marcel Shipp last year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
K9, I was positive you would post that Barlow reminded you of Marcel Shipp last year.

I would have, since Barlow had nearly identical stats in 2004 to Shipp in 2003 (total yards, YPC average). But then I looked at the next column and saw that Kevan scored 7 TDs last season. Which, of course, is seven more than Marcel Shipp has scored in the past two years combined.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I would have, since Barlow had nearly identical stats in 2004 to Shipp in 2003 (total yards, YPC average). But then I looked at the next column and saw that Kevan scored 7 TDs last season. Which, of course, is seven more than Marcel Shipp has scored in the past two years combined.

Scathing. Like Springstein sang "It is sad, but it sure is true."

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Kevan Barlow reminded me of Damien Anderson last year.

Good quote.

And for the $50 question......that is Jesse Barfield as your avatar!

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
pete said:
There are some movies that should never be remade an the longest yard is one of them.

Barlow gets two thumbs down for his review. I agree, the Longest Yard probably shoudn't be remade. Did you see they are remiking the Bad news bears. The only thing that sounds good about it is that Billy Bob Thorton is playing Buttermaker.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Totally_Red said:

Warner has played in two Super Bowls. Barlow spends his free time reviewing movies. Maybe if he spent more time and effort improving his football career, the Niners wouldn't have drafted Frank Gore to replace him.

Now that's what's up TR!! Barlow is a clown. :mad:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
pete said:

Actually I went and saw the remake of the Longest Yard yesterday and it was :biglaugh: !!!!

They used the original movie for the story line and characters but it was less a remake and much more of a Adam Sandler comedy. I would definitly recommend it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson