Timberwolves @ Suns Friday Playoff game thread 4-26-2024 - Game 3

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return to Phoenix to play the Timberwolves in game 3 on Friday and game 4 on Sunday.

If they can't win at home, the season is over. They trail the Wolves 0-2.

When: Friday, 4-26-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, ESPN

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:30 pm Arizona time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen will be day-to-day. X-rays were negative. He re-aggravated the same ankle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious to see what they do now. And if they did come back and win this series even in a dominate fashion like win 4 straight, how many of you that have given up already would still be hating on them. Arizona generally has some of the most bandwagon fans ever as soon as a little adversity come their way they bail. So if we actually play well and blow them out game 3 anyone gonna feel better? Or you still given up the season?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious to see what they do now. And if they did come back and win this series even in a dominate fashion like win 4 straight, how many of you that have given up already would still be hating on them. Arizona generally has some of the most bandwagon fans ever as soon as a little adversity come their way they bail. So if we actually play well and blow them out game 3 anyone gonna feel better? Or you still given up the season?
For a while, I’ve believed you must be a somewhat naive, hopeful 9-18 years old, with your pie in the sky views of everything both Suns and Cardinals, but I recently saw a picture of you on a thread in the Cards section, so I now know you’re an adult. Do you, as an adult sports fan, who has seen decades worth of games, REALLY believe this team, which has been beyond mid all season, has a shot in hell of coming back?

You’ve been laughing at everyone all season who’s correctly identified the major problems this team has. Do you actually still think you’re going to have the last laugh?

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For a while, I’ve believed you must be la somewhat naive, hopeful 9-18 years old, with your pie in the sky views of everything both Suns and Cardinals, but I recently saw a picture of you on a thread in the Cards section, so I now know you’re an adult. Do you, as an adult sports fan, who has seen decades worth of games, REALLY believe this team, which has been beyond mid all season, has a shot in hell of coming back?

You’ve been laughing at everyone all season who’s correctly identified the major problems this team has. Do you actually still think you’re going to have the last laugh?
lol I’m a Suns fan, and I just don’t think this Minn team is that great we are just playing like trash right now. Which is a little odd considering we finished the season playing stronger teams playing well. I feel like Vogel has just used and abused the starters all season and frankly they are a little spent and don’t believe in their BS coach and lack of system! So when things go a little off the rails they just giving up it sucks to watch. I just get tired of the negativity we all fans and want them to do well I think talking about ripping the team apart before a series is even over is premature quitter BS. If we get smoked at least hopefully we rid ourselves of Vogel and JJ and see what some new blood can do to reshape this team. But Booker imo goes no where he is still the young star of the team just needs to play SG and not be forced to be someone else, that alone was the biggest blunder of the season!

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol I’m a Suns fan, and I just don’t think this Minn team is that great we are just playing like trash right now. Which is a little odd considering we finished the season playing stronger teams playing well. I feel like Vogel has just used and abused the starters all season and frankly they are a little spent and don’t believe in their BS coach and lack of system! So when things go a little off the rails they just giving up it sucks to watch. I just get tired of the negativity we all fans and want them to do well I think talking about ripping the team apart before a series is even over is premature quitter BS. If we get smoked at least hopefully we rid ourselves of Vogel and JJ and see what some new blood can do to reshape this team. But Booker imo goes no where he is still the young star of the team just needs to play SG and not be forced to be someone else, that alone was the biggest blunder of the season!
Minnesota has proven they are the better team. Their body of work far exceeds ours both in the regular season and now the playoffs. Don’t be fooled by the head to head in the regular season. Personally I don’t think we have seen the wolves at their best yet.

Can a return to Phoenix inspire a win? It’s possible but I will view a win as fool’s gold.

This Suns team is toast!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
T-Wolves number 1 defense

Game 2 points off turnovers 31-2

We have no answer

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Minnesota has proven they are the better team. Their body of work far exceeds ours both in the regular season and now the playoffs. Don’t be fooled by the head to head in the regular season. Personally I don’t think we have seen the wolves at their best yet.

Can a return to Phoenix inspire a win? It’s possible but I will view a win as fool’s gold.

This Suns team is toast!
They are the number three seed and we are the six seed. They are supposed to win this series. We aren't.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns return to Phoenix to play the Timberwolves in game 3 on Friday and game 4 on Sunday.

If they can't win at home, the season is over. They trail the Wolves 0-2.

When: Friday, 4-26-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, ESPN

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:30 pm Arizona time

Well now the Chuckster is echoing you on the need for a PG and another big guy. What is that expression about great minds? ;)

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yuma says, "On behalf of the Suns, please click the link below:"

Suns emotional message

I think the music of David Soul is a good analogy for this Suns team. Mellow and soft. That goes no where in the playoffs.

The Suns have no "dawg". I miss Jae Crowder. I miss CP3, JaVale McGee and Bismack. There is no toughness here now, just shooters.

I love KD, but he is not going to carry a team through a seven game series at this age. Not sure if he is smoking too many of his J's between games or what, just waaaaaaaay too laid back. Compare his game face to Barkley's game face back in the day. Chuck looked like he was ready to throw you through a glass window. KD looks like he wants to hold your hand and go for a nice walk through the park.

And Vogel bothers me. He is so thoughtful and articulate when talking to the press. Sounds like he knows exactly what he is doing. But he doesn't seem to know how to get the most out of our players. And he doesn't seem to be making any effective adjustments between games, or during the game.

End of rant. I gotta get to work, lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When has this team not played like trash. They are who they have shown themselves to be all year.

I agree the Twolves aren't that great, but they are better than the Suns clearly.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Friday will either be our last game or our first game of the playoffs - we lose and that's it - we win and it begins

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly not giving up on the Suns in this series. But even if we should beat the odds and advance, we're just too soft, physically and probably mentally, to be a real player.

I hated the KD trade when it happened, believed then and now that it was about the worst thing we could have done. But I'm not as down on our organization right now as many here are. I'm hoping that this will be the impetus that drives philisophical changes in the front office.

It will take several years to completely fix this mess but at least with Ishbia involved, there's a chance they'll actually read the writing on the wall and build a team the right way. Build back bigger, stronger, tougher - and don't try to fix all your mistakes with one blockbuster deal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly not giving up on the Suns in this series. But even if we should beat the odds and advance, we're just too soft, physically and probably mentally, to be a real player.

I hated the KD trade when it happened, believed then and now that it was about the worst thing we could have done. But I'm not as down on our organization right now as many here are. I'm hoping that this will be the impetus that drives philisophical changes in the front office.

It will take several years to completely fix this mess but at least with Ishbia involved, there's a chance they'll actually read the writing on the wall and build a team the right way. Build back bigger, stronger, tougher - and don't try to fix all your mistakes with one blockbuster deal.

I wish an owner would get his feet wet before making major decisions unless James Jones was the driving force behind the Durant trade. However, it appears Mat Ishbia was fully supportive of this trade.

The delay in trading Jae Crowder was a huge mistake as well.

Unless there are some miraculous trades to be made, it will take the Suns years to get back to where they were. I'm not sure if I have the patience.

IMO, Vogel and Jones need to go.

Maybe an investment in scouting and the development of a G-League team will help soothe the pain.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe an investment in scouting and the development of a G-League team will help soothe the pain.
It won't because we have no picks.

The hard truth is basically no matter what this team is likely to suck for the next 5 years minimum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn